ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Buttah304
Analyst
And1: 5,507

OT: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#1 » by Buttah304 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:38 pm

This movie was absolutely epic. Not going to go into detail about what happened between Snyder and WB Studios back in 2017, and the unfortunate and tragic death of his younger daughter, but Zack finally got to make the film he intended.

The best part of this movie is that it is very much coherent. The storyline unfolds in a linear fashion while including some flashbacks and nightmare visions of the future. If anything the flow of the film toes the line more of a LOTR style then a true comic book movie.

The characters are given an extraordinary amount of back story including both villains Steppenwolf and Darkseid and everything is more emotional.

The actions scenes are incredible, the score was very well done and the last 90 minutes are blockbuster popcorn heaven.

Truly hope that WB will let Snyder finish this story with JL 2 and 3.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Re: Zack Snyder’s Justice League 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:56 pm

Now do Rise of Skyclusterphuck.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#3 » by DOT » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:35 pm

It was okay

Main problem is that there are core issues with the movie that can't be fixed, but Snyder did a much better job than Whedon at approaching them

Main issue being the film really needed 4 hours because almost none of the characters were set up in their own movies beforehand, so it had to do all the heavy lifting itself instead of just bringing along characters we already knew. Plus, Steppenwolf as a villain exists in this area where he's way too strong for anyone but Superman, but once Superman shows up, Steppenwolf is a pushover. Which can work, but you need to play it very differently than just being a straight up fight (see One Punch Man for examples). Working it into the story that both Cyborg and Flash were needed to get the boxes apart kind of fixes that issue, but only in retrospect. Final battle is still a bit devoid of tension, though

Overall, it did much better than the original, but it was still built on shoddy foundations.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,064

Post#4 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:55 pm

K-DOT wrote:It was okay

Main problem is that there are core issues with the movie that can't be fixed, but Snyder did a much better job than Whedon at approaching them

Main issue being the film really needed 4 hours because almost none of the characters were set up in their own movies beforehand, so it had to do all the heavy lifting itself instead of just bringing along characters we already knew. Plus, Steppenwolf as a villain exists in this area where he's way too strong for anyone but Superman, but once Superman shows up, Steppenwolf is a pushover. Which can work, but you need to play it very differently than just being a straight up fight (see One Punch Man for examples). Working it into the story that both Cyborg and Flash were needed to get the boxes apart kind of fixes that issue, but only in retrospect. Final battle is still a bit devoid of tension, though

Overall, it did much better than the original, but it was still built on shoddy foundations.

I might check it out. I never bought the gulf of power between WW and Steppehwolf. She solo'd Ares so I dont see why she was depicted as so much weaker in this movie.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#5 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:56 pm

how do people watch these things so fast ? this thing is 4 hours. i watched a half hour and fell asleep. like they drop falcon and the winter soldier at 3 in the morning and by 8 am everyone has seen it. how ? lol
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by DOT » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:04 pm

RHODEY wrote:I might check it out. I never bought the gulf of power between WW and Steppehwolf. She solo'd Ares so I dont see why she was depicted as so much weaker in this movie.

Because it's all a Jesus allegory/power fantasy for Superman.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#7 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:24 pm

K-DOT wrote:
RHODEY wrote:I might check it out. I never bought the gulf of power between WW and Steppehwolf. She solo'd Ares so I dont see why she was depicted as so much weaker in this movie.

Because it's all a Jesus allegory/power fantasy for Superman.

Right, but then if you make him that powerful, why does he need a team...? In comics several of the members are somewhat near to him in power.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by DOT » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:35 pm

RHODEY wrote:
Right, but then if you make him that powerful, why does he need a team...?

And we come down to the main problem I have with Snyder's writing lol

He actually does a half decent job of writing around this issue, where the final fight isn't about beating Steppenwolf, it's about separating the mother boxes, which is kinda standard for a story where the main hero is too powerful, but it's done well enough here I can't complain about it too much, plus it gives us what I think is honestly the best scene in the movie

But yeah, this is what I mean when I say there's fundamental issues with it that really can't be fixed without starting completely over.
BaF Lakers:

Evan Mobley/Tari Eason

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:17 pm

god shammgod wrote:how do people watch these things so fast ? this thing is 4 hours. i watched a half hour and fell asleep. like they drop falcon and the winter soldier at 3 in the morning and by 8 am everyone has seen it. how ? lol

:rofl:
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,004

Post#10 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:how do people watch these things so fast ? this thing is 4 hours. i watched a half hour and fell asleep. like they drop falcon and the winter soldier at 3 in the morning and by 8 am everyone has seen it. how ? lol

1. it was late. 2. it's not as exciting as this thread suggests :lol:
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,445

Post#11 » by NYKnickerbocker » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:25 pm

They rushed the whole thing anyway. They didn’t have to give all the hero’s there own individual movie, but build it up a little slower. He did a good job trying to fill in all the gaps with this retooling. But it’s just built on a already shaky foundation
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,049

Post#12 » by vallen » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:41 pm

It wasnt very much improved. The first 2 hours were slow and much of the same we already saw, the last 2 were better and set up future movies, but 4 hours was no way needed and way too long to squat for one mediocre movie.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,616

Post#13 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:44 pm

K-DOT wrote:It was okay

Main issue being the film really needed 4 hours because almost none of the characters were set up in their own movies beforehand, so it had to do all the heavy lifting itself instead of just bringing along characters we already knew. Plus, Steppenwolf as a villain exists in this area where he's way too strong for anyone but Superman, but once Superman shows up, Steppenwolf is a pushover. Which can work, but you need to play it very differently than just being a straight up fight (see One Punch Man for examples).

lmao I love One Punch but some of the storylines are hilarious. Like him getting stuck doing something menial while his friends get their asses beat.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,190

Post#14 » by gavran » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:48 pm

It was the 2006-2007 Knicks. Sure, there is no Larry Brown anymore, but Isiah is still Isiah.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#15 » by waya » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:28 pm

It was pretty good. Miles better than the theatrical release but still not good enough for IP like the Justice League. Hopefully the Snyder Cut crowd can move on with their lives now.
RHODEY
RealGM

Post#16 » by RHODEY » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:44 pm

K-DOT wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
Right, but then if you make him that powerful, why does he need a team...?

And we come down to the main problem I have with Snyder's writing lol

He actually does a half decent job of writing around this issue, where the final fight isn't about beating Steppenwolf, it's about separating the mother boxes, which is kinda standard for a story where the main hero is too powerful, but it's done well enough here I can't complain about it too much, plus it gives us what I think is honestly the best scene in the movie

But yeah, this is what I mean when I say there's fundamental issues with it that really can't be fixed without starting completely over.

Well they could weaken superman or bring up some of the power levels of some of the hero heroes. I believe In the comics Martain Manhunter,, Shazam (Captain Marvel) , Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and others can also sort of hang with Superman to various degrees.

They need to do it like Marvel. Fro example Ironman might not bring all the raw power of Thor, but he can kind of approach him , and can give him a decent fight.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 10,973

Post#17 » by Reign23 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:13 pm

gonna watch it tomorrow. hope its good
formerly known as knickst4pe
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,917

Post#18 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:16 pm

4x3 :noway: :crazy: :nonono: :curse:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#19 » by dakomish23 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:22 am

Can’t wait. Mild enthusiasm as DC, despite having the by far superior characters, have constantly made mediocre films.

Just give the whole thing to Nolan
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#20 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:30 am

god shammgod wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

1. it was late. 2. it's not as exciting as this thread suggests :lol:

Years of being a Knick fan didn't prepare you better?

Return to New York Knicks