bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: PC Board OT Thread Take 4 [No Politics] 

Post#941 » by bondom34 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Trying to wrap my brain around this.

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,704

Post#942 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:18 pm

bondom34 wrote:Trying to wrap my brain around this.

Read on Twitter

I'm fine with it if the money trickles down to the players and not just the University, but since it doesn't its just more of the hypocrisy of "amateur" sports.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,274

Post#943 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:09 pm

bondom34 wrote:Trying to wrap my brain around this.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,712

Post#944 » by eminence » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Having universities and what amounts to our 2nd league sports tied together is just dumb as hell.
I bought a boat.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#945 » by Clyde Frazier » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:48 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,263

Post#946 » by trex_8063 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Craziest upsets you picked for your March Madness bracket?

Me:
#12 Winthrop over #5 Villanova
#11 Drake over #6 USC
Picked two of the #10 seeds to win in first round.
#6 BYU over #3 Texas in 2nd round.

Otherwise nothing more dramatic than a 3 over a 2, or 2 over a 1.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Texas Chuck

Post#947 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:01 pm

trex_8063 wrote:Craziest upsets you picked for your March Madness bracket?

Me:
#12 Winthrop over #5 Villanova
#11 Drake over #6 USC
Picked two of the #10 seeds to win in first round.
#6 BYU over #3 Texas in 2nd round.

Otherwise nothing more dramatic than a 3 over a 2, or 2 over a 1.

14 Morehead St -- sweet 16 team
13 NC-Greensboro

Then I have 3 1 seeds and Cade in the Final Four so I went pretty chalk really.

But I only really watched Gonzaga and Baylor this year so I was really just guessing.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#948 » by Goudelock » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:13 pm

People comparing Cade Cunningham to Lonzo Ball and Ben Simmons just proves that people base their player comps on physical similarities.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#949 » by trex_8063 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:22 pm

Is Oral Roberts the best #15 seed of all-time?

Certainly they must at the very least be in the running, but I'm looking for someone who knows tournament history better than me.

Made the Sweet 16---beating a #2 seed [obviously] and a #7 seed (by 3 pts each)---and then came a missed 3pter at the buzzer [and let's face it: that was as good a look as they could have hoped for in the circumstance; and that guy Abmas probably makes that AT LEAST 3/8 of the time] away from beating a #3 seed to go to the Elite 8.

Clearly underrated at #15, at any rate.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
Texas Chuck

Post#950 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:24 am

That Baylor-UConn game might have been the best women's college game I've ever seen. Incredible game. So much talent on both sides.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#951 » by bondom34 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:34 am

Texas Chuck wrote:That Baylor-UConn game might have been the best women's college game I've ever seen. Incredible game. So much talent on both sides.

Won't lie, thought Baylor had em. Was working and watching at the same time, looked up and UConn is starting up a 19-0 run. Little fortunate the missed FTs didn't cost them.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Texas Chuck

Post#952 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:37 am

bondom34 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:That Baylor-UConn game might have been the best women's college game I've ever seen. Incredible game. So much talent on both sides.

Won't lie, thought Baylor had em. Was working and watching at the same time, looked up and UConn is starting up a 19-0 run. Little fortunate the missed FTs didn't cost them.

UConn missed a bunch of layups too after that run that almost cost them. But incredible game and a great example of why I never understand why this board hates the women's game so much. Yeah they play below the rim but that was great basketball by both teams and incredibly entertaining.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,669

Post#953 » by penbeast0 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:30 am

Speaking of the women's game, saw part of the Gamecocks brutal win against Texas. They held the #6 team in the nation to 23% shooting. And they got a bit nasty about it at times.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#954 » by trex_8063 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 9:54 pm

I am having the most bizarre internet experience right now on our laptop; wondering if anyone more savvy than me knows what to make of this:

I can open and view [and post replies, as I am here] in any forum/thread/article on RealGM........but I cannot open ANY other site. I've tried NBC News, Gmail, bball-ref, among several other utterly random others; I always get the "This site can't be reached" message telling me that the site's IP address could not be found (and suggesting network diagnostics).

It's the typical message that pops up any time the internet goes out.......except here I am still posting on an internet forum. NOTHING else works, though.

:eek1:

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,432

Post#955 » by Doctor MJ » Fri Apr 2, 2021 10:44 pm

Hey y'all,

Going to be trying to be back for the rest of the season.

Hope to have some good times with y'all,
Cheers,
MJ
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Texas Chuck

Post#956 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:05 am

Zags play no close games all year, get into a nailbiter in the Final Four and Suggs shows he is ready for the moment. Still my favorite guy in this draft class. If some team takes Mobley over him they will regret it for a decade.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#957 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:14 am

Yeah, still have Cade first this draft but Suggs is my 2nd guy as well. What a finish, audibly yelled at that ending, and as much a bummer it is for fans of the losing team, as a neutral fan just exciting.

Edit: Also his fit next to SGA if its OKC is darn near perfect to me and thats another thing.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#958 » by bondom34 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:20 am

And for anyone wondering, apparently this is what Adam Morrison is up to:

Read on Twitter
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#959 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:48 am

Suggs is one of the rare prospects where you just have to watch him play for a few minutes to see he's special. Threading the needle on that pass after the block was just absurd. And that game winner had 2016 curry OKC vibes.
Texas Chuck

Post#960 » by Texas Chuck » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:09 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:Suggs is one of the rare prospects where you just have to watch him play for a few minutes to see he's special. Threading the needle on that pass after the block was just absurd. And that game winner had 2016 curry OKC vibes.

I love that he defends his tail off and defers to lower ceiling teammates Kispert and Timme offensively realizing that they are special offensive players in college. Doesn't act like the best recruit in program history at all or have any sense of entitlement.

I think he should be the first pick in the draft though I realize he won't be. This is the kind of player/guy who can turn an entire organization around. If the Wolves for instance hold on to their pick, they absolutely have to draft this guy. They don't just need talent, they need a leader and a culture setter. I'm convinced he is that guy.

Return to Player Comparisons