Turner stays!

Moderators: TyCobb, Kilroy

Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Turner stays! 

Post#1 » by Kilroy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:47 am

As the Dodgers are about to embark on a journey to become MLB's first back-to-back champions in over two decades, a familiar face has returned to the fold just days before spring training.

Veteran third baseman Justin Turner is returning to Los Angeles after an extended free agency process that drew interest from multiple clubs. The 36-year-old announced his decision Saturday via Twitter.

Turner and the Dodgers have reportedly agreed on a two-year deal worth $34 million, according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. The deal has a third-year team option that would keep Turner in Los Angeles through his age-38 season, and includes an $8 million signing bonus.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2021/02/14/los-angeles-dodgers-re-sign-justin-turner-two-year-contract

One of my all time favorite dodgers... Glad he's staying.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Turner stays! 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:43 pm

I am wondering if and when his game will fall off a cliff.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#3 » by Kilroy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:03 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:I am wondering if and when his game will fall off a cliff.

Yeah, well, I personally don't think he was the same player last year as he was the year before, so it may already be happening. So who knows...
But at least the rest of the roster is improving so that the load he personally carries can be lightened a bit, and perhaps hide the decline a bit.
It's not like he's Jansen or something where the slightest diminishing is magnified.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#4 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:40 am

Kilroy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:I am wondering if and when his game will fall off a cliff.

Yeah, well, I personally don't think he was the same player last year as he was the year before, so it may already be happening. So who knows...
But at least the rest of the roster is improving so that the load he personally carries can be lightened a bit, and perhaps hide the decline a bit.
It's not like he's Jansen or something where the slightest diminishing is magnified.

But I think it kind of will be.

He plays up in the playoffs. It's kind of a double whammy IMO if he isn't the same player. Finding a guy to replace him at 3rd in a general sense may be okay. Finding a guy who can slow the heart beat down, focus, and drive in runs against good playoff pitching is a little different.

His CS and WS were great this year.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Dodgers