NCAA Tourney

Moderator: ijspeelman

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

NCAA Tourney 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:10 pm

Excited to watch OK ST and see if Cleveland St. can at least make it interesting. Those games are on at practically the same time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: NCAA Tourney 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:17 pm

I am always interested in the dance but esp this time after nothing last season...
one take away so far is Moody is overrated for Arkansas/ D.Davis is better.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:26 pm

I had V. Tech in an underdog pool and they're choking after winning all game.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Overtime.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:54 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I had V. Tech in an underdog pool and they're choking after winning all game.

Yeah no Mutts or Alluma down the stretch killed em
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I had V. Tech in an underdog pool and they're choking after winning all game.

Yeah no Mutts or Alluma down the stretch killed em
Best game so far though.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:00 pm

Quetta looks better than a couple years ago for Utah St. but not that much better...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:36 pm

Lol, OSU. What are you doing?

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:40 pm

yeah Buckeyes are gonna f around and get cinderalla'd
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Stillwater wrote:yeah Buckeyes are gonna f around and get cinderalla'd
I didn't think they were a legit second seed, but Oral Roberts? Really?

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:24 pm

GT with Moses Wright in Covid protol means I dont have as much confidence the other members of the team wont eventually miss games like he is so I dropped them from my contender list except my longshot bracket. They were my Midwest bracket sleeper but the Loyola CHI draw today is a tough one with Illinois waiting after anyway. If they can get past day 1 and Wright comes back they might make Illinois sweat some at least
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#12 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:28 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:yeah Buckeyes are gonna f around and get cinderalla'd
I didn't think they were a legit second seed, but Oral Roberts? Really?

Abmas is ridiculous and hes been doing it all year. I love when one of these small school stand outs impact transfers against bigger schools
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:55 pm

I admittedly didn't watch Loyola-Chicago this year but a lot of commentators thought they should've been a higher seed.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:43 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I admittedly didn't watch Loyola-Chicago this year but a lot of commentators thought they should've been a higher seed.

they are good and this was my concern for GT without their best player . I dont think LChi has enough to beat Illinois but I didnt see Oral Roberts as solid as they were all season beating the Buckeyes either so who knows.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:46 pm

The biggest criticism I've heard about Cunningham is he doesn't have a good first step and can't take good defenders of the dribble. I'm waiting to see something that makes me think it's unwarranted.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#16 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:58 pm

jbk1234 wrote:The biggest criticism I've heard about Cunningham is he doesn't have a good first step and can't take good defenders of the dribble. I'm waiting to see something that makes me think it's unwarranted.

other than not being an elite athlete there isn't much not too like though
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by jbk1234 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:37 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:The biggest criticism I've heard about Cunningham is he doesn't have a good first step and can't take good defenders of the dribble. I'm waiting to see something that makes me think it's unwarranted.

You can have a good first step without being an elite athlete. There's lots of guys like that in the NBA.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#18 » by Stillwater » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:47 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:

You can have a good first step without being an elite athlete. There's lots of guys like that in the NBA.

sure but he doesnt have a first step that is elite either and imo that is why
personally think he is not the clear consensus #1 despite having a lot of skill and a lot of positional versatility.
I dont think he will be the best player from this draft long term even though everyone likely agrees he is easily the top ranked one and done prospect because of his obvious advanced understanding of the game at a young age.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by jbk1234 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:07 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:other than not being an elite athlete there isn't much not too like though

personally think he is not the clear consensus #1 despite having a lot of skill and a lot of positional versatility.
I dont think he will be the best player from this draft long term even though everyone likely agrees he is easily the top ranked one and done prospect because of his obvious advanced understanding of the game at a young age.
I'm beginning to agree with you. He just looks stiff offensively. You don't have to have elite athleticism, there are really good players in the NBA who lack elite athleticism. But if you can't beat your man off the dribble in college, that's a pretty big red flag.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#20 » by Stillwater » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:58 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:You can have a good first step without being an elite athlete. There's lots of guys like that in the NBA.

I'm beginning to agree with you. He just looks stiff offensively. You don't have to have elite athleticism, there are really good players in the NBA who lack elite athleticism. But if you can't beat your man off the dribble in college, that's a pretty big red flag.

There are so many good athletes in this draft but it's really hard not to like cade since there are so few with that level of BBIQ so young. He can really shoot it well also which separates him in many ways at that size. But yeah he's going to have less success trying to outsmart pros who are just as smart etc.
I still really like Kumingas upside since he is so similar to Kawhi physically athletically etc and his IQ is good evident in his passing. However he does not stretch the floor from deep so I am not sold this org sees him the same if they are building around JFro going forward.But if Kaminga adds even a 35% shot from deep he is going to become a monster with that easy ability to attack the paint

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers