Game 41: Portland vs Dallas 7:00pm SNW/NBATV

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Game 41: Portland vs Dallas 7:00pm SNW/NBATV 

Post#21 » by d-train » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:52 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:We got jipped a GLB. The 1st and 2nd quarter pix are the same. Maybe the Blazers would be winning if we had that different GLB pic. C'mon BC.

Alright I goofed
Extra GLB pic
Spoiler:

Apology GLB pic
Spoiler:

And the 4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:

I liked the 3rd qtr pic best. The 1st/2nd qtr pic was a close 2nd.
d-train
RealGM

Post#22 » by d-train » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:00 am

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Porzingas is lucky he's 7'3" cuz someone should seriously deliver an elbow to his face. One time is okay, two times it not okay, and 3 times is just BS. Especially when you swung thru twice on that third time.

KP is a dud as a max player, imo. He has talent but no competitive fire. On paper, he should be a max player. In reality, most of the time you are paying him to stand and watch.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,221

Post#23 » by monopoman » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:19 am

Excellent game by the Blazers having CJ is doing wonders for the offense when Dame sits. Nice to see Hood finally getting into a shooter's rhythm also he is finally starting to get back into what he was showing a few years back.

Blazers are an impressive 7-2 over their last 9 game, though even despite this nice record over the last 9 they are tied with Denver in win/loss and half a game behind the Clips.
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,080

Post#24 » by DaVoiceMaster » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:00 am

d-train wrote:
Brandon-Clyde wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:We got jipped a GLB. The 1st and 2nd quarter pix are the same. Maybe the Blazers would be winning if we had that different GLB pic. C'mon BC.

Alright I goofed
Extra GLB pic
Spoiler:

Apology GLB pic
Spoiler:

And the 4th quarter GLB pic
Spoiler:

I liked the 3rd qtr pic best. The 1st/2nd qtr pic was a close 2nd.

I cant decide so I'm going to have to keep looking at them for a while. She should be good for a 2nd game against the Mav's!!!
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
Blazinaway
General Manager
And1: 1,399

Post#25 » by Blazinaway » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:26 pm

JasonStern wrote:And as good as Trent is, as good as Trent can be, CJ is better.

Congrats to Stotts on 500 wins.

If he keeps playin like this then his next contract ain't gonna be so big
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#26 » by HoopsFanAZ » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Blazinaway wrote:
JasonStern wrote:And as good as Trent is, as good as Trent can be, CJ is better.
Congrats to Stotts on 500 wins.

If he keeps playin like this then his next contract ain't gonna be so big

CJ’s midrange to just beyond the 3 line is excellent. Not a threat as a finisher at the hoop. His D, like his O, is not about contact as it is positioning. And with his size and game, he’s not more than just okay on D. CJ plays like a little guy who works to get his shot off among the trees.

Trent looks more like an energized/frenetic Wesley Matthews but with better handles. The only way I see GTJ > CJ is if his defense becomes smarter, better controlled bursts like Wesley had instead of so much “activity.” A guy like Pat Beverly harasses guys. Gets into their grill, but he has to do so given his size. For GTJ, it’s great that he’s putting in the hustle and effort and grit, but his D seems “young,” He can get to being a plus defender ... not WILL but certainly can. On O, he takes less complicated shots and absolutely should. He can get his own shot in a more straightforward way. CJ bobs, weaves, hesitates ...

They’re just so different. Trent’s O almost for sure will be a step or two below CJ. His D can go significantly higher. Trent in a couple years vs. CJ right now? CJ paid significantly more for his skills, but Trent may be worth more to winning.

EDIT: The best move CJ has to the hoop is almost unblockable. He drives hard to the right side of the hoop. He goes up wide with the ball cradled like a running back and puts it high and wide off the glass. I don’t remember ever seeing him miss it.
d-train
RealGM

Post#27 » by d-train » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:05 pm

I often see the opinion that GTJ's defense is something special. This is bull. His effort is good and results are ok. CJ is a better defender than GTJ is. CJ isn't a great defender, or even a very good defender. His defense is good, better than GTJ's defense.

Also, the opinion that GTJ can defend bigger players than CJ, is bull. CJ does get beat by bigger players with great post up game, but so does players much bigger than CJ. CJ's defense against bigger players is better than GTJ's.

CJ will never be a great defender and neither will GTJ. CJ is great because of his offense. GTJ is good because of his offense, but he isn't as good as CJ and never will be.

I do want Blazers to retain GTJ. I hope his contract negotiations go well for him and the Blazers.
Pattycakes
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#28 » by Pattycakes » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:38 pm

d-train wrote:I often see the opinion that GTJ's defense is something special. This is bull. His effort is good and results are ok. CJ is a better defender than GTJ is. CJ isn't a great defender, or even a very good defender. His defense is good, better than GTJ's defense.

Also, the opinion that GTJ can defend bigger players than CJ, is bull. CJ does get beat by bigger players with great post up game, but so does players much bigger than CJ. CJ's defense against bigger players is better than GTJ's.

CJ will never be a great defender and neither will GTJ. CJ is great because of his offense. GTJ is good because of his offense, but he isn't as good as CJ and never will be.

I do want Blazers to retain GTJ. I hope his contract negotiations go well for him and the Blazers.

Likewise, but I’m beginning to accept the likelihood some Magic/Hornets level team will probably offer him a 70/4 yr type offer at least (I’m not sure where the NBA is on salary cap during post-pandemic could be more) which I’d be happy leaving or taking when we get to that point.

This isn’t the same case with Meyers/Mo/whoever else we were just handing money to that year, I can’t even remember all the bad deals we struck, I actually love Gary and would hate to lose him, but he deserves a big opportunity and role, and unless he can actually get that here long term, I want the best for both sides
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#29 » by GEE » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:59 pm

GTJ will definitely be able to get more money, and possibly a starting role elsewhere... But it would be elsewhere. He will have a tough decision to make, but it will be his to make. He will have a great role here, and will get a fair offer, but no Allen Crabb 2.0. Just don't see it happening. There will be a cap on what we can offer. If it's not enough for him, then we will replace him.
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#30 » by GEE » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Speaking if 2.0, let's do it again!!! I hope we play Fast & Ferocious like last game, and simply wear the Mavs out. I hope Stotts realizes he may have found something in playing up-tempo and splitting the duties between Dame and CJ except to end halves. I hope he sticks with it. Full-court pressing... more of that please. No more walking the ball up, or resting on the court either. Play hard, get tired, sub-out, sub-in, repeat.
d-train
RealGM

Post#31 » by d-train » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:01 am

Pattycakes wrote:
Likewise, but I’m beginning to accept the likelihood some Magic/Hornets level team will probably offer him a 70/4 yr type offer at least (I’m not sure where the NBA is on salary cap during post-pandemic could be more) which I’d be happy leaving or taking when we get to that point.

This isn’t the same case with Meyers/Mo/whoever else we were just handing money to that year, I can’t even remember all the bad deals we struck, I actually love Gary and would hate to lose him, but he deserves a big opportunity and role, and unless he can actually get that here long term, I want the best for both sides

I won't be surprised if Blazers offer 70/4 before he even hits the market. If you look at contracts offered and accepted, to young players the past 2 years, that would be inline with market.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers