ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1701 » by MartinRiggs » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:21 pm

He will be rested well when he recovers. Though Lakers are cooked,I hope we play them soon. :D
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#1702 » by MartinRiggs » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:23 am

LaMelo Ball fractured his right wrist and is expected to miss the rest of the season, sources told Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#1703 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Very sad news:

Read on Twitter

RIP.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,807

Rivals Getting Better 

Post#1704 » by og15 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:57 pm

Aaron Gordon to Denver
Normal Powell to Portland

Lakers seem to be in play for Kyle Lowry (yikes!)

Denver and Lakers improving is not helpful for the Clippers at all. At least Phoenix didn’t make any drastic improvements, though them and Utah are likely pretty content with how they are performing.
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#1705 » by MartinRiggs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 am

This guy's name is really Normal? :D
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1706 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:26 am

Didn't take long for Doc to start being a snake at his new job:

"I wish someone had told me, 'We were wrong', 'You can’t play with us'. I like it when things are straight," Poirier also mentioned on the Sixers trading him. "The coach didn't even send me a message although I know he sent others. I'm not asking him to give me compliments but just a message to wish me good luck. We are not commodities, we are still human beings. It's a minimum of sending a message, to say that the situation was complicated, but thank you for your professionalism. A bogus thing, even if he doesn't really mean it."

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1188416/vincent-poirier-if-i-have-to-return-to-europe-i-will-return-i-just-want-to-play/

Sure is weird how everywhere Doc goes, you start hearing a chorus of unhappy players. But the media will just gloss over it like always.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1707 » by og15 » Sat Apr 3, 2021 12:08 am

MartinRiggs wrote:This guy's name is really Normal? :D

Haha, didn’t even notice the typo, Norman :lol:

MartinToVaught wrote:Didn't take long for Doc to start being a snake at his new job:

"I wish someone had told me, 'We were wrong', 'You can’t play with us'. I like it when things are straight," Poirier also mentioned on the Sixers trading him. "The coach didn't even send me a message although I know he sent others. I'm not asking him to give me compliments but just a message to wish me good luck. We are not commodities, we are still human beings. It's a minimum of sending a message, to say that the situation was complicated, but thank you for your professionalism. A bogus thing, even if he doesn't really mean it."

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1188416/vincent-poirier-if-i-have-to-return-to-europe-i-will-return-i-just-want-to-play/

Sure is weird how everywhere Doc goes, you start hearing a chorus of unhappy players. But the media will just gloss over it like always.
Meh, it sucks, maybe he forgot, maybe not all coaches do it, I really don’t have much to say about once incident and certainly not going to call it a chorus of unhappy players when it’s just one player making one complaint. Not really concerned about Doc, but I’m not that nit-picky.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,805

Post#1708 » by esqtvd » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:27 am

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1709 » by esqtvd » Sat Apr 3, 2021 6:45 am

unplayable

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1710 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Apr 3, 2021 2:56 pm

The Hawks are the perfect team for Lou. Not a serious contender, just hoping to make the playoffs, so his flaws aren't a big deal. By the time they do start making a legitimate push for contention, he probably will have retired.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1711 » by og15 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:04 am

Covid is tough on everyone, and more so on the older married guys with kids vs younger ones. Players should "leave loud" when it comes to organizations that aren't performing best practices, I'm fine with that.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1712 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:28 am

og15 wrote:

Covid is tough on everyone, and more so on the older married guys with kids vs younger ones. Players should "leave loud" when it comes to organizations that aren't performing best practices, I'm fine with that.

Confused here--nothing about COVID in JJ's rant. He should have asked for his release [a $0 buyout] if he wanted to choose his destination. And even if he did ask, he was shi*it for the Pels this year so it's still entirely right for them to get some return for their waste of money on him.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1713 » by og15 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:41 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:

Confused here--nothing about COVID in JJ's rant. He should have asked for his release [a $0 buyout] if he wanted to choose his destination. And even if he did ask, he was shi*it for the Pels this year so it's still entirely right for them to get some return for their waste of money on him.

Redick, who signed a two-year, $26.5 million deal with the Pelicans as a free agent in the summer of 2019, said on his "The Old Man & the Three" podcast, which was released Wednesday, that he first requested to be dealt last November for several reasons. One reason was a desire to be closer to his family in Brooklyn, where his son was starting kindergarten and would not be able to travel to New Orleans because of quarantine rules at the school.

When asked about the Redick trade last week, Griffin, while saying he recognized the strain COVID-19 has placed on families, said the team spent the "vast majority" of the year trying to put Redick into a spot near his family.

"We did spend a great deal of time trying to put JJ closer to home," Griffin said Friday. "When it became clear that the teams that were in the best position regionally for him were not necessarily the most aggressive in landing him, we did have conversations about the importance of immediately contending, as he's aging.

"I think we felt confident that JJ welcomed the better contending opportunity because we're not even at the play-in at this point. We felt it was the right thing to do for him and his family."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31172777/jj-redick-sounds-new-orleans-pelicans-front-office-handling-trade-dallas-mavericks

Redick's family lives in Brooklyn, and he said they would have to quarantine for a week before going back home anytime they visited New Orleans. Because of that Redick wanted to be closer to them, which is why he desired a move to a team in the Northeast.

Redick said he told Mavericks owner Mark Cuban that he would be "thrilled" to be traded to Dallas any other year but this one, since the COVID-19 pandemic makes things difficult with regard to his family

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939026-jj-redick-calls-david-griffin-pelicans-front-office-dishonest-after-trade
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1714 » by esqtvd » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:11 am

og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:Covid is tough on everyone, and more so on the older married guys with kids vs younger ones. Players should "leave loud" when it comes to organizations that aren't performing best practices, I'm fine with that.

Redick, who signed a two-year, $26.5 million deal with the Pelicans as a free agent in the summer of 2019, said on his "The Old Man & the Three" podcast, which was released Wednesday, that he first requested to be dealt last November for several reasons. One reason was a desire to be closer to his family in Brooklyn, where his son was starting kindergarten and would not be able to travel to New Orleans because of quarantine rules at the school.

When asked about the Redick trade last week, Griffin, while saying he recognized the strain COVID-19 has placed on families, said the team spent the "vast majority" of the year trying to put Redick into a spot near his family.

"We did spend a great deal of time trying to put JJ closer to home," Griffin said Friday. "When it became clear that the teams that were in the best position regionally for him were not necessarily the most aggressive in landing him, we did have conversations about the importance of immediately contending, as he's aging.

"I think we felt confident that JJ welcomed the better contending opportunity because we're not even at the play-in at this point. We felt it was the right thing to do for him and his family."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31172777/jj-redick-sounds-new-orleans-pelicans-front-office-handling-trade-dallas-mavericks

Redick's family lives in Brooklyn, and he said they would have to quarantine for a week before going back home anytime they visited New Orleans. Because of that Redick wanted to be closer to them, which is why he desired a move to a team in the Northeast.

Redick said he told Mavericks owner Mark Cuban that he would be "thrilled" to be traded to Dallas any other year but this one, since the COVID-19 pandemic makes things difficult with regard to his family

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939026-jj-redick-calls-david-griffin-pelicans-front-office-dishonest-after-trade

Thx for the info. Is any of the above germane to this? I mean you just paid the guy for substandard production. I think you should be entitled to recoup your losses.

He should have asked for his release [a $0 buyout] if he wanted to choose his destination. And even if he did ask, he was shi*it for the Pels this year so it's still entirely right for them to get some return for their waste of money on him.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 704

Post#1715 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:23 am

Houston waiving another Center Justin Patton, their replacement of Cousins. Buyers Remorse?
2023 Clippers W/L Count (44-27)
(Russ at bench 35-14)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 3-3
Without Russ 6-6
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1716 » by og15 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 12:36 pm

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Thx for the info. Is any of the above germane to this? I mean you just paid the guy for substandard production. I think you should be entitled to recoup your losses.

He should have asked for his release [a $0 buyout] if he wanted to choose his destination. And even if he did ask, he was shi*it for the Pels this year so it's still entirely right for them to get some return for their waste of money on him.

New Orleans of course has the right to do whatever they want. I think it's just because the FO gave him the hope and anticipation that he would be sent to the Northeast or bought out, but then didn't accomplish that. That's a front office mistake that one should generally try to avoid, don't promise what you can't actually deliver. Just say something like "we'll do what we can, but we have to look out for the organization". It's when front offices, coaches, etc over-promise and under-deliver that they get disgruntled players.

So that is what triggered his response. In a non COVID time, this would be irrelevant, I understand the guy probably also trying to avoid a frustrated / annoyed wife, and even if his wife understands it is a business, etc, didn't mean she's not going to be annoyed and frustrated about the situation. And of course he probably wants to be able to be able to have time with his kids without everything being so complicated, sure.

I disagree about his play being trash, whole season, yes, numbers don't look so good, but he had a slow start, his last 15 games for them he was averaging 10 ppg in 17 mpg and shooting 49/46.

In terms of buyout, they never got to the point of discussing a buy out since he was traded, but of course a $0 buyout won't happen. It's a sucky situation, his response was obviously out of frustration, and Griffin shouldn't have given the idea that they were definitely going to do what he wanted because you really can't know that when it comes to trades.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1717 » by esqtvd » Fri Apr 9, 2021 1:00 am

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#1718 » by og15 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:30 pm

;ab_channel=zanjobasketball

You think Pistons Griffin would have even attempted this block? :lol:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#1719 » by esqtvd » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:50 am

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#1720 » by NippySudz » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:37 am

og15 wrote:;ab_channel=zanjobasketball

You think Pistons Griffin would have even attempted this block? :lol:

Not a surprise but the lakers have sat Trezz against their rematch against dallas mavs because he was horrible defensively. Laker fans kept saying Trezz wasn't as bad defensively until they had to witness it themselves. Luckily for laker fans, they have a less stubborn coach in vogel that knows when to pull guys than Doc was last year.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers