Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#981 » by kg01 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:27 pm

TB wrote:
kg01 wrote:
TB wrote:Any interest in:

Warriors get: Collins
Hawks get: Looney, 2022 lotto protected 1st, 2025 lotto protected 1st

That's fairly insulting, honestly.

:lol: insulting was not what I was after. Collins probably too good for future mid/late firsts, but not good enough to give up the 2021 Minny pick. Would love him on the Warriors though if Atlanta doesn't plan to pay him and Warriors don't try to re-sign Oubre.

Well, maybe not "insulting" but it definitely hurt my feewings.

Think about it like this, Atlanta's trying to make the playoffs this year. Does this deal help or hurt that effort?

They're not trying to tank anymore, not wanting to wait on these picks to materialize. It's not that they don't want to pay Collins, they just couldn't agree on a number.
king01 :king:
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#982 » by graymule » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:22 pm

:D

I know I'm a homer and I love all our Hawks. I don't know of any Hawk that we could trade away
today that would improve our team. If we don't improve, why trade? We're not going for the
future. That was us for two or three seasons. Right now, we're playing for this season's results
and hopefully make the playoffs, which we could only dream of before this season.

:D
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#983 » by D21 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:40 am

kg01 wrote:
TB wrote:Any interest in:

Warriors get: Collins
Hawks get: Looney, 2022 lotto protected 1st, 2025 lotto protected 1st

That's fairly insulting, honestly.

Simple no because over everything, ATL wants to make the playoffs in the best possible way this season, so getting no player of the level of John would be a stupid decision.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,933

Post#984 » by jayu70 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:28 pm

Small trade for a veteran backup C:
Solomon Hill (and a future ptotected 2nd if needed) for Mike Muscala.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#985 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:22 pm

jayu70 wrote:Small trade for a veteran backup C:
Solomon Hill (and a future ptotected 2nd if needed) for Mike Muscala.

I like Musky and all but don't really want him back. I'd like the team to make a move for Bamba while his value is low. He's the 3 and D pure center that can compliment the team.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 247

Post#986 » by vtime » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:35 am

I think Collins is good enough for the Minny pick and Paschall, if fir no other reason, you don’t want to waste the end of Curry and Klay’s careers. Steph is 33 and deserves win now players. You overpay to get that. Going into next season with Collins, Green, Wiggins, Klay and Steph with Wiseman as the 6th man is better than not having Collins and trying to integrate another rookie into a championship core.
CP War Hawks
Analyst

Post#987 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:59 am

vtime wrote:I think Collins is good enough for the Minny pick and Paschall, if fir no other reason, you don’t want to waste the end of Curry and Klay’s careers. Steph is 33 and deserves win now players. You overpay to get that. Going into next season with Collins, Green, Wiggins, Klay and Steph with Wiseman as the 6th man is better than not having Collins and trying to integrate another rookie into a championship core.

I didn't know Curry was getting up there in age like that. I agree you guys should trade that pick for a ready now piece especially since Klay who is a lifer deserves it too. With that, if you trade the Minny pick, yall probably can do better than Collins.

I'd do Collins and 2021 1st rd pick for the MInny pick, but irl GS probably could do better.
D21
Assistant Coach

Post#988 » by D21 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:41 pm

Maybe we could be more buyer than seller... even if all that is to take with a grain of salt

Will the Pelicans play Ball with Lonzo?

There’s skepticism around the league that the Pelicans will move Lonzo Ball ahead of the deadline, but that won’t stop teams from trying. League sources say the Bulls and Hawks are both in pursuit. Chicago has offered Tomas Satoransky and second-round picks, but New Orleans is asking for at least one good first-round pick or a young player. Talks with Atlanta have revolved around Cam Reddish.

New Orleans’s leverage is dinged by the fact both Chicago and Atlanta will have cap space to make an expensive offer to Ball this offseason. If the Pelicans wait, they might be able to sign-and-trade Ball to a wider list of teams during the offseason. But they’d also be at risk of losing him for nothing or be forced to match a contract more pricey than they’d like.

Ball would be an excellent fit in Chicago or Atlanta alongside either team’s one-time All-Star guard, Zach LaVine or Trae Young. Ball is a low-usage playmaker who makes quick decisions and could better balance each offense with his ability to facilitate or play off the ball. This season, Ball is averaging 14.2 points on 38.5 percent shooting from 3 with 5.6 assists and 4.2 rebounds. He’s also playing the most consistent defense on a New Orleans team that can’t get regular stops.

Link

On the other end... still with BOS wanting eveybody and without taking into account the fact that "Why would we help BOS ?"
League sources say Atlanta is receiving significant trade interest for John Collins from the Celtics, Kings, Mavericks, Pistons, and Timberwolves. The Hawks want one young player and a first-round draft pick to make a deal, or a package of similar value such as multiple first-round picks. For example, league sources say Atlanta wanted Malik Beasley and a first from Minnesota, but the Wolves declined.

Collins will be a restricted free agent this offseason, so some teams with potential cap space such as Dallas could wait until the offseason to pursue him. But teams like the Celtics would likely need to move now.

Boston’s pursuit of Collins also involves another key Hawks rotation player, according to league sources: Bogdan Bogdanovic, whom the Celtics had some trade discussions about while he was in Sacramento. If the Hawks were to acquire Ball, maybe moving Bogdanovic would make some sense. Both Collins, 23, and Bogdanovic, 28, fit the timeline of All-Stars Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, who are 23 and 24, yet are good enough to compete now.

Atlanta has a tough choice to make with Collins. The team has won eight consecutive games and is under pressure to make the playoffs. Collins is averaging 18.2 points while scoring from all over the court. He can pick-and-pop for 3, or roll down the lane to throw down thunderous dunks. He’s even flashed the ability to put the ball on the floor to get into a jumper or go all the way to the rim. But much like Ball and New Orleans, re-signing him to a contract possibly worth more than $20 million annually could lead to salary cap challenges in the near future. The Hawks are trying to win now but can’t lose sight of the years to come.

It would really surprise me if Schlenk offered Collins for a pick and a guy who will be send to jail for felony threats of violence.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#989 » by jayu70 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:31 pm

D21 wrote:Maybe we could be more buyer than seller... even if all that is to take with a grain of salt

Will the Pelicans play Ball with Lonzo?

There’s skepticism around the league that the Pelicans will move Lonzo Ball ahead of the deadline, but that won’t stop teams from trying. League sources say the Bulls and Hawks are both in pursuit. Chicago has offered Tomas Satoransky and second-round picks, but New Orleans is asking for at least one good first-round pick or a young player. Talks with Atlanta have revolved around Cam Reddish.

New Orleans’s leverage is dinged by the fact both Chicago and Atlanta will have cap space to make an expensive offer to Ball this offseason. If the Pelicans wait, they might be able to sign-and-trade Ball to a wider list of teams during the offseason. But they’d also be at risk of losing him for nothing or be forced to match a contract more pricey than they’d like.

Ball would be an excellent fit in Chicago or Atlanta alongside either team’s one-time All-Star guard, Zach LaVine or Trae Young. Ball is a low-usage playmaker who makes quick decisions and could better balance each offense with his ability to facilitate or play off the ball. This season, Ball is averaging 14.2 points on 38.5 percent shooting from 3 with 5.6 assists and 4.2 rebounds. He’s also playing the most consistent defense on a New Orleans team that can’t get regular stops.

Link

On the other end... still with BOS wanting eveybody and without taking into account the fact that "Why would we help BOS ?"
League sources say Atlanta is receiving significant trade interest for John Collins from the Celtics, Kings, Mavericks, Pistons, and Timberwolves. The Hawks want one young player and a first-round draft pick to make a deal, or a package of similar value such as multiple first-round picks. For example, league sources say Atlanta wanted Malik Beasley and a first from Minnesota, but the Wolves declined.

Collins will be a restricted free agent this offseason, so some teams with potential cap space such as Dallas could wait until the offseason to pursue him. But teams like the Celtics would likely need to move now.

Boston’s pursuit of Collins also involves another key Hawks rotation player, according to league sources: Bogdan Bogdanovic, whom the Celtics had some trade discussions about while he was in Sacramento. If the Hawks were to acquire Ball, maybe moving Bogdanovic would make some sense. Both Collins, 23, and Bogdanovic, 28, fit the timeline of All-Stars Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, who are 23 and 24, yet are good enough to compete now.

Atlanta has a tough choice to make with Collins. The team has won eight consecutive games and is under pressure to make the playoffs. Collins is averaging 18.2 points while scoring from all over the court. He can pick-and-pop for 3, or roll down the lane to throw down thunderous dunks. He’s even flashed the ability to put the ball on the floor to get into a jumper or go all the way to the rim. But much like Ball and New Orleans, re-signing him to a contract possibly worth more than $20 million annually could lead to salary cap challenges in the near future. The Hawks are trying to win now but can’t lose sight of the years to come.

It would really surprise me if Schlenk offered Collins for a pick and a guy who will be send to jail for felony threats of violence.
There's a lot wrong with some of this:
Atlanta doesn't have any significa capspace as they mentioned above. We have Trading for Ball means we are in the same situation we are with Collins' RFA status and how much to pay him.
So in totality, we are trading Cam, Bogi, Collins and end up with
Ball, and some less than ideal stuff from the Celtics?
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#990 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:48 am

CP War Hawks wrote:
vtime wrote:I think Collins is good enough for the Minny pick and Paschall, if fir no other reason, you don’t want to waste the end of Curry and Klay’s careers. Steph is 33 and deserves win now players. You overpay to get that. Going into next season with Collins, Green, Wiggins, Klay and Steph with Wiseman as the 6th man is better than not having Collins and trying to integrate another rookie into a championship core.

I didn't know Curry was getting up there in age like that. I agree you guys should trade that pick for a ready now piece especially since Klay who is a lifer deserves it too. With that, if you trade the Minny pick, yall probably can do better than Collins.

I'd do Collins and 2021 1st rd pick for the MInny pick, but irl GS probably could do better.

Why would we do this? No, we can’t reset our timeline we are ready to go now and Collins works great with Trae. We can’t be a farm system for the Warriors or any other team.
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#991 » by tomaHAWKslam » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:45 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:I'd do Collins and 2021 1st rd pick for the MInny pick, but irl GS probably could do better.

I wouldn't. That pick is top 3 protected. Its easy for me to see Minny winning the lottery, adding a top talent to their core and turning next season around and leaving us trading Collins and a pick for a 22 mid first. Ugh.
D21
Assistant Coach

Post#992 » by D21 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:15 pm

tomaHAWKslam wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:I'd do Collins and 2021 1st rd pick for the MInny pick, but irl GS probably could do better.

I wouldn't. That pick is top 3 protected. Its easy for me to see Minny winning the lottery, adding a top talent to their core and turning next season around and leaving us trading Collins and a pick for a 22 mid first. Ugh.

MIN could still trade their "rights" on this pick, so 1st, 2nd and 3rd would go to the team trading for the pick, and 4th or more would go GSW
The problem is it's a gamble, because if MIN pick ends 4th or more at the draft, you don't get anything this year, and then, it would not be so bad than the situation you described as MIN would not add a pick this year and would only get better because of their improvement/F.A. this summer, but you can seriously get a mid 22' first round pick only
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#993 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:25 pm

The Hawks have expressed interest in Boston's Marcus Smart, Shams Charania reports. 

There's been no indication that Smart is available, to be clear. His importance to the Celtics is blatantly obvious, and you have to think they wouldn't even engage Atlanta in talks unless they were offering John Collins. Smart is still getting his rhythm back since returning from injury with 11.3 points, 3.5 dimes and 2.0 triples in his last six games. 

SOURCE: The Athletic

Mar 22, 2021, 9:58 AM ET

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#994 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:34 pm

Oubre + Bogdan, straight-up? Works on trade machine.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#995 » by jayu70 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:24 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Oubre + Bogdan, straight-up? Works on trade machine.

Not in real life though.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#996 » by jayu70 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
CP War Hawks
Analyst

Post#997 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:29 am

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yep, mostly teams make big deadline deals if they feel they are getting the better value or teams desperate to make a push. I don't see the Hawks making a big splash this month.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#998 » by dms269 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:15 am

I can't imagine us wanting to bring in Smart aka the guy who has tried to start a fight with our team on multiple different occassions.

Having a 1 instance is one thing. But the Bembry thing and then the trying to step over Trae and then trying to fight Len seems like he is too much of a hot head. Passion is one thing, but when it starts costing you games it is something else.

I can't imagine him and Trae getting along.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#999 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:20 pm

This dude is a player I'd strongly consider pursuing this trade deadline.

Read on Twitter
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,878

Post#1000 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:23 am

Jamaaliver wrote:This dude is a player I'd strongly consider pursuing this trade deadline.

Read on Twitter

I can't see the Hawks saying no to that.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:

Return to Atlanta Hawks