Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#641 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:12 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Ehh I'm not in love with the Miami offer. If Raps are offering Powell we HAVE to pull the trigger but I'm not sure Raps would do that.

They won't, you know that better man. Also why give up Din when he fits our team better and already knows what it is. If we spending money why not Din?

Some people be loving to trade anyone just for the sake of it or to bring their fave bum over here. Din is home grown and is huge part why we in this position.

Both KD and Kyrie brittle af, I have no trust in them continually stay healthy. Din is essential for and thinking Shamet or TJ can replicate what Din brings on the table is beyond laughable.

Tired of saying same thing over again. Tsai said he's willing to spend, well let's see where he is with that this offseason. Thats of course if Din willing to resign and stay here. ( why won't he? )

A few things, Din can opt out and sign elsewhere for 20M plus so would u want to lose him for nothing or get something for him?

We are a contender right now, you have to do everything possible to win it right now and worry about next year later, just get this one ring out the way. this is the most important task at hand, get guyss that will help contribute to that goal, and Din is out for the year so he can't help with that.

I love Din as much as anyone, but with Harden and Kyrie here, we really don't need another dominant ball handler. And Din is best with the ball in his hands, he is not an off the ball player at all. And then u add KD into the mix, when will he ever get the ball? I mean he would help when KD and Kyrie goes down for rest. But we need guys that will do best off the ball such as shooting and defending.

TJ is doing a tremendous job off the bench for 15 minutes. We can get another guard like that. Kendrick Nunn isn't a bad idea because he can do what TJ does off the bench. But Powell would be the absolute perfect guy for this squad IF Raps are giving him up. He can be an off the ball guard and he defends. But if raps are not giving him up then idk who else we would want from them if it isn't OG or Boucher.

We have his bird rights so anyway you look at it we can offer more. Also we have no idea if Din staying or not, if he wants to move on we always have a choice to SnT him to preferred destination.
I'm willing to take chance here, upside is huge. Din compared to other trash we being offered is more valuable.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#642 » by Kiddlovesnets » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
How is Drummond better than DJ? Hes a better rebounder but DJ is much smarter defensively.

I'd way rather play DJ is a playoff series than Drummond.

Reddick is not washed lol. He's an elite shooter who could absolutely help is in a playoff game. How is that not helpful?

Drummond plays better defense and grabs more rebounds. Have you watched DJ play at all? Hes a smart defender, come on man. If we dont get Drummond, he may go to the Lakers and that will be a team we wont be able to beat.

And JJ Reddick is a 36 years old player averaging 40% FG and 36% from beyond the arc, his 3s only fall in regular season and hes invisible coming into playoffs. Moreover, his defense is one of the worst in the league, he surely wont get any playing time beyond regular season so its just waste of rosters spot.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#643 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:50 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
How is Drummond better than DJ? Hes a better rebounder but DJ is much smarter defensively.

Reddick is not washed lol. He's an elite shooter who could absolutely help is in a playoff game. How is that not helpful?

Drummond plays better defense and grabs more rebounds. Have you watched DJ play at all? Hes a smart defender, come on man. If we dont get Drummond, he may go to the Lakers and that will be a team we wont be able to beat.

And JJ Reddick is a 36 years old player averaging 40% FG and 36% from beyond the arc, his 3s only fall in regular season and hes invisible coming into playoffs. Moreover, his defense is one of the worst in the league, he surely wont get any playing time beyond regular season so its just waste of rosters spot.

Yes DJ is able to stay with certain bigs and play good defense. He gets in trouble on switches.

When has Drummond ever played good defense in his career? Hes always been bad. Why do you think nobody even wants to bother trading for him?

Who cares about JJ's stats this one year on a bad team? We know hes an elite shooter.

So what if he only plays during the regular season? We need minutes while Shamet and Kyrie are out. Who exactly are we going to get off the buy out market that will play meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Probably no one.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#644 » by HardenGoat » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 pm

Windhorst is saying Lakers are the favorite to land Drummond on a buyout
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#645 » by Kiddlovesnets » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:36 pm

We will see then, most likely its the Cavs trying to push a team to trade for Andre Drummond. I am okay if we dont get Drummond, but we cant let him go to the Lakers. No way we can beat them in the Finals if Lakers get Drummond and Lebron/AD are healthy.

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Who cares about JJ's stats this one year on a bad team? We know hes an elite shooter.

So what if he only plays during the regular season? We need minutes while Shamet and Kyrie are out. Who exactly are we going to get off the buy out market that will play meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Probably no one.

He was an elite shooter, but is he still now? Hes 36 years old now, just look how much PJ Tucker regressed at that age and you'd not be so optimistic at him making shots in the playoffs. Also even if hes still an elite shooter, what about his defense? In the playoffs you cant afford to have a defensive liability with a role player.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#646 » by Hello Brooklyn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:43 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:We will see then, most likely its the Cavs trying to push a team to trade for Andre Drummond. I am okay if we dont get Drummond, but we cant let him go to the Lakers. No way we can beat them in the Finals if Lakers get Drummond and Lebron/AD are healthy.

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Who cares about JJ's stats this one year on a bad team? We know hes an elite shooter.

Probably no one.

He was an elite shooter, but is he still now? Hes 36 years old now, just look how much PJ Tucker regressed at that age and you'd not be so optimistic at him making shots in the playoffs. Also even if hes still an elite shooter, what about his defense? In the playoffs you cant afford to have a defensive liability with a role player.

I would honestly take him just so he doesn't go to the Lakers :lol:

But I don't think he will want to sign here. Nor would I really want to play him.

I think Reddick is just unmotivated on a bad team. Shooting doesn't go away with age.

And he creates so much space its worth the subpar defense. I don't think hes terrible.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#647 » by GTR11 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:59 pm

Avery Bradly not only can't stay healthy past 4 years he's also abysmal offensive player. He won't fit here.
Just did little research on him, hard pass.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#648 » by TheNetsFan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:45 am

Then main takeaways should be that we're not looking to take back any future salary in a Dinwiddie deal, and that we are offering the inclusion of a second round pick.

That should temper expectations in terms of Tsai's willingness to pay an unlimited tax bill, and for Dinwiddie's potential return. The key will be identifying what healthy player that is worth bringing in, has an expiring deal and who will not be retained by his current team. Personally, I think a TE would be the best return.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#649 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:08 am

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

lol no... drummond defintetly doesnt play better defense then DJ.
Jta444
Freshman
And1: 96

Post#650 » by Jta444 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:26 am

How come the Nets lost out on Drummond? Weeks ago there were reports that if he’s bought out he will sign with the Nets because he’s from NY and he could be offered more money too. Now reports are he’ll sign with Lakers? That’s concerning because I don’t see how the Nets would matchup with Drummond/Lebron/AD/Kuzma. They’d get pounded on the boards and good luck giving multiple second chance points to Lebron/AD. I don’t know what Marks has up in his sleeve the next couple of days but it has to be good.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#651 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:33 am

Jta444 wrote:How come the Nets lost out on Drummond? Weeks ago there were reports that if he’s bought out he will sign with the Nets because he’s from NY and he could be offered more money too. Now reports are he’ll sign with Lakers? That’s concerning because I don’t see how the Nets would matchup with Drummond/Lebron/AD/Kuzma. They’d get pounded on the boards and good luck giving multiple second chance points to Lebron/AD. I don’t know what Marks has up in his sleeve the next couple of days but it has to be good.

I dont think we wanted him and we dont have a roster spot. he is kind of the opposite of what we need. we are a modern team that doesnt put a lot of value on rebounding and we need defense from a big, and thats not drummond. I think the nets were hoping McGee was the guy to get bought out. he is who could help us

Drummond going to LA doesnt scare me. they cant guard us with him on the floor. they will need to go small with lebron at the 4 and AD at the 5 vs us or they will get their doors blown off
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#652 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:54 am

Windhorst said the nets have interest for powell.

perfect target for us. dinwiddie, picks, whatever go get him.
HardenGoat
Analyst

Post#653 » by HardenGoat » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:05 am

Jta444 wrote:How come the Nets lost out on Drummond? Weeks ago there were reports that if he’s bought out he will sign with the Nets because he’s from NY and he could be offered more money too. Now reports are he’ll sign with Lakers? That’s concerning because I don’t see how the Nets would matchup with Drummond/Lebron/AD/Kuzma. They’d get pounded on the boards and good luck giving multiple second chance points to Lebron/AD. I don’t know what Marks has up in his sleeve the next couple of days but it has to be good.

Iam not sure I believe Windhorst though. He is a Lebron fan. The reason he says is Drummond would be a starter as opposed to us since we got Blake. But Blake is not our starter. Blake is actually our 4 spot with Claxton as second unit center.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,862

Post#654 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:18 pm

I am still hoping that we can get McGee, we need a 3rd big in case Jordan's decline continues to get even worse.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
HardenGoat
Analyst

Post#655 » by HardenGoat » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:52 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I am still hoping that we can get McGee, we need a 3rd big in case Jordan's decline continues to get even worse.

Yes or Gorgui Dieng. that might be the under radar move
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#656 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:43 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I am still hoping that we can get McGee, we need a 3rd big in case Jordan's decline continues to get even worse.

i dont see him being bought out. looks like they prefer him to drummond
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#657 » by Paradise » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Woj just announced on The Jump that the Nets are the front runner for JJ Redick once bought out. He wants to come home.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#658 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:13 pm

GTR11 wrote:Avery Bradly not only can't stay healthy past 4 years he's also abysmal offensive player. He won't fit here.
Just did little research on him, hard pass.

Hes been extremely efficient this year and good from 3. How is he abysmal?

Far from it.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#659 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:15 pm

Paradise wrote:Woj just announced on The Jump that the Nets are the front runner for JJ Redick once bought out. He wants to come home.

I want Reddick.

Frankly I don't 100% trust any of these shooters in the playoffs. Not TLC/Johnson/Shamet.

Even Harris has not been great in playoff games.

I could totally see him coming in when were cold and being huge.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#660 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Paradise wrote:Woj just announced on The Jump that the Nets are the front runner for JJ Redick once bought out. He wants to come home.

It makes sense with his relation ship with KD, Blake, DJ and his home in brooklyn

would be laughably unreal. Harris AND Reddick?

When Shamet, Kyrie, hardem, and KD are not even top 2 shooters no your team... wow.

Return to Brooklyn Nets