ImageImageImageImageImage

How would you fill out the roster?

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Re: How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#661 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Paradise wrote:Woj just announced on The Jump that the Nets are the front runner for JJ Redick once bought out. He wants to come home.

I would prefer Avery Bradley.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#662 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Paradise wrote:Woj just announced on The Jump that the Nets are the front runner for JJ Redick once bought out. He wants to come home.

I want Reddick.

Frankly I don't 100% trust any of these shooters in the playoffs. Not TLC/Johnson/Shamet.

Even Harris has not been great in playoff games.

I could totally see him coming in when were cold and being huge.

Yup,,,,

and something ive always said. there are guys who can shoot 40%, 42%, 44% from three and then there are guys who can shoot that off balance around screens with a hand in the face

reddick the ladder
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#663 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

I dont think he would play. his defense isnt a big enough upgrade to warrant minutes over better offensive players

There are always minutes for elite shooters
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#664 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:25 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Why not take both?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,865

Post#665 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:28 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Why not take both?

:nod: hell why not
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#666 » by DarkXaero » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:14 pm

I'll absolutely take JJ off buyout. He's a great vet and he still has plenty of production to offer. Curious to see whether we can get someone like Norman Powell as well as there's some noise about that. Raps are definitely trading Powell so it's a question of which contender he ends up with.

I think another name that is worth paying attention to is Kenrich Williams. He's having a breakout year with OKC and he's the type of high energy, defensive wing we could really use. His salary is small and he's signed for multiple years so that's a huge plus. He's generally not a reliable shooter but he's shooting over 40% from 3 (just 1.4 attempts per game) this year. I don't think the asking price will be that high, we could do TLC + 2nd round pick (or picks) for him.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#667 » by Shark » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:27 pm

Adding JJ would be great for sure, especially on a buyout. I would think that if we sign him it could also give us more flexibility in including another player like Shamet or TLC (even though we haven't really relied on him for shooting in a while) in a potential Dinwiddie trade.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

How would you fill out the roster? 

Post#668 » by Paradise » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Why not take both?

:nod: hell why not

The Dinwiddie trade could include TLC for space.

So, we could open up a roster spot by dealing Dinwiddie with TLC, multiple 2nds for space and add Redick with the extra spot, possibly Drummond or McGee.
Paradise

Post#669 » by Paradise » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:05 am

DarkXaero wrote:I'll absolutely take JJ off buyout. He's a great vet and he still has plenty of production to offer. Curious to see whether we can get someone like Norman Powell as well as there's some noise about that. Raps are definitely trading Powell so it's a question of which contender he ends up with.

I think another name that is worth paying attention to is Kenrich Williams. He's having a breakout year with OKC and he's the type of high energy, defensive wing we could really use. His salary is small and he's signed for multiple years so that's a huge plus. He's generally not a reliable shooter but he's shooting over 40% from 3 (just 1.4 attempts per game) this year. I don't think the asking price will be that high, we could do TLC + 2nd round pick (or picks) for him.

So, since we are living in each other’s head. Let’s telepath this to Marks lol
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#670 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:17 am

DarkXaero wrote:I'll absolutely take JJ off buyout. He's a great vet and he still has plenty of production to offer. Curious to see whether we can get someone like Norman Powell as well as there's some noise about that. Raps are definitely trading Powell so it's a question of which contender he ends up with.

if he is good, young, and cheap why are they trading him?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#671 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:22 am

Yeah adding reddick makes shamet expendable. ideal scenario:

Dinwiddie + Shamet + TLC + second for Powell
Sign reddick after buyout
Trade 2 seconds and perry for McGee

Harden | Kyrie | Harris| KD | Claxton
TJ | Powell | Reddick | Blake/Green/Brown | DJ/McGee

Thats a complete team.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#672 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:22 am

Tell me how exactly you defend this...

Harden | Kyrie | Reddick | Harris | KD

Thats like 5 of the top 8 shooters in the entire league, the best offense creator in the league, and the 3 best iso players in the league
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,559

Post#673 » by DarkXaero » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:52 am

Prokorov wrote:

He's not that young (26 years old), and he's a piece that fits better on a contender/playoffs team than a rebuild team. OKC also love picks. Also this isn't me making up stuff, his name has been brought up by some reporters as a name to watch out for. From today's trade deadline article on The Athletic:

Keep an eye on Kenrich…
One below-the-radar name I’ve been told to watch at the deadline: Oklahoma City forward Kenrich Williams. A sign-and-trade throw-in to make the cap math work on the Pelicans’ trade for Steven Adams, “Kenny Hustle” has had a breakout year with the Thunder. No, he isn’t an elite athlete, and his shooting has always been a question mark. Nonetheless, he has established himself as a rotation-caliber player at both forward spots for the rebuilding Thunder with his ballhandling, plus rebounding, tough D and generally high basketball IQ.

Additionally, Williams has one of the best contracts in the league: It’s just $2 million a year, and he’s signed for two more years after this one. It’s not even guaranteed money, so an acquiring team could get off it due to injury or ineffectiveness. Acquiring a rotation player that cheaply should be very attractive for the league’s contenders, most of whom are bound by luxury tax or hard-cap issues.

The 26-year-old Williams would likely command at least a second-round pick, allowing the Thunder to add to their draft hoard. Subtracting Williams would also help the Thunder in another sense, as the team keeps inadvertently winning games and harming its own lottery odds.
— John Hollinger
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#674 » by Shark » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 am

Love how the Thunder traded Chris Paul because he made them so good and now they're trying to get rid of more players because they're "inadvertently winning games" lmao.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#675 » by Prokorov » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:05 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He's not that young (26 years old), and he's a piece that fits better on a contender/playoffs team than a rebuild team. OKC also love picks. Also this isn't me making up stuff, his name has been brought up by some reporters as a name to watch out for. From today's trade deadline article on The Athletic:

Keep an eye on Kenrich…
One below-the-radar name I’ve been told to watch at the deadline: Oklahoma City forward Kenrich Williams. A sign-and-trade throw-in to make the cap math work on the Pelicans’ trade for Steven Adams, “Kenny Hustle” has had a breakout year with the Thunder. No, he isn’t an elite athlete, and his shooting has always been a question mark. Nonetheless, he has established himself as a rotation-caliber player at both forward spots for the rebuilding Thunder with his ballhandling, plus rebounding, tough D and generally high basketball IQ.

Additionally, Williams has one of the best contracts in the league: It’s just $2 million a year, and he’s signed for two more years after this one. It’s not even guaranteed money, so an acquiring team could get off it due to injury or ineffectiveness. Acquiring a rotation player that cheaply should be very attractive for the league’s contenders, most of whom are bound by luxury tax or hard-cap issues.

The 26-year-old Williams would likely command at least a second-round pick, allowing the Thunder to add to their draft hoard. Subtracting Williams would also help the Thunder in another sense, as the team keeps inadvertently winning games and harming its own lottery odds.
— John Hollinger

I wasnt questioning it, i was just curious and wasnt farmiliar with him
Paradise

Post#676 » by Paradise » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:14 am

Chris Haynes just reported on Inside the NBA that LaMarcus Aldridge will be meeting with the Heat, Nets, Lakers and Clippers before a decision.
LOUiS-D
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,900

Post#677 » by LOUiS-D » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:52 am

I feel like Drummond and Aldridge are both going to pass us over for opportunities to play bigger roles (bigger paydays). I'm calling Drummond to Boston and Aldridge to the Heat.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#678 » by GTR11 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#679 » by Claud » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:13 pm

If you are Drummond you honestly think you won't start over DJ? Come on son.

If you can't outplay DJ you don't deserve a ring in the first place.

Claxton is developing nicely off the bench so we should keep that going but DJ is always a huge negative to start games... seems like we always go down and then he goes to the bench and we make a run to get back in games.. .at some point you gotta move on.

Curious to see who will take the last 2 spots before the playoffs start.

I'm hoping we acquire a good C to take minutes from DJ and another playmaker/wing type that can give us a boost until Dinwiddie is back.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#680 » by HardenGoat » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:27 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Get him, get him now!

Return to Brooklyn Nets