Re: GAME 45: Clippers (28-16) vs Spurs (22-18)—Wednesday 5:30PM PDT NOTE TIME 

Post#41 » by TheNewEra » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:46 am

That was a mean cross into the shot
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#42 » by TheNewEra » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:56 am

Regardless what happens tomorrow this team needs to bring the focus and push forward
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:11 am

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Is this a fools gold game from Lou Will. We knew it was coming

look at Rondo's contract--Lou is producing far more for the same money

Lou is not the problem and never was--Ty tried to give Kennard Lou's minutes first off the bench tonight and it was fuggetaboutit

T-MANN has taken Kennard's minutes, not Lou

Kennard was only out there for like five minutes tops and only touched the ball like once. You're trying to paint a picture as if he stunk up the joint which wasn't the case

Coach made the decision. He put Kennard out there before Lou--I agreed with decision, why not--but Kennard did NOTHING. Ty didn't put Lou in until the last minute of the 1st and he promptly made a 3-point play. Hit the first bucket of the 2nd too; ended up with 16.

It's not that Kennard sucks. It's that he sucks lol. :wink: Nobody in the NBA sucks--it's about making stuff HAPPEN. It's a POSITIVE game. That's why Mann took Kennard's minutes a month ago and why Ty yanked Luke tonight until garbage time. He did NOTHING.

And Lou doesn't suck either. Ty TRIED benching him for Kennard tonight and that lasted exactly 5 minutes. You could look it up.

https://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=401307464

T-Mann [25 minutes 7 points 7 rebs plus+18] has taken Kennard's minutes. Lou is playing the 1. I don't know what more we can ask from the guy.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,162

Post#44 » by Scoundreldays » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:22 am

Nice win!!!
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#45 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:49 am

This might have been my favorite game of the year. A 33-point blowout but to me it was a GRIND-IT-OUT 33-point win.

SOLID. And the Spurs didn't quit--like I think the Hawks did the other night. No disrespect to Kennard but the Hawks caved bigtime.

Working backwards--I think it starts with Marcus stepping up with 20 points. He likes scoring and although he volunteered to go to the bench, he really doesn't take pleasure in "doing all the little things." Because he doesn't do them. :lol: Marcus likes scoring and there's nothing wrong with that. Somebody's got to do it!

And 20 points from the 4 means PG can get away with scoring only 17 [AGAIN!] and do all those little things. PG doesn't want the pressure of putting up 25 every night. He likes doing all the little things. What he REALLY want to be is Andre Iguodala.

And Kawhi had 4 steals tonight because he didn't have to do all the scoring. He can put in 25 in his sleep just by exploiting the seams in the defense. But 30 or 40? That requires iso ball. He can do it but MJ and Kobe LOVED it. Kawhi does not. He likes being Iguodala too except like The Hulk Iguodala.

Zubac, what can you say? A team-high plus+27 in a team-high 32 minutes. This was the happiest I ever saw him. He did everything right tonight on both ends because he knew what his job was and he did it without thinking. Of course Ibaka has to be the playoff closer because of his experience but keep in mind that Zubac is younger than T-Mann!!

He's earned his burn.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#46 » by RingColluder » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:43 am

esqtvd wrote:This might have been my favorite game of the year. A 33-point blowout but to me it was a GRIND-IT-OUT 33-point win.

SOLID. And the Spurs didn't quit--like I think the Hawks did the other night. No disrespect to Kennard but the Hawks caved bigtime.

Working backwards--I think it starts with Marcus stepping up with 20 points. He likes scoring and although he volunteered to go to the bench, he really doesn't take pleasure in "doing all the little things." Because he doesn't do them. :lol: Marcus likes scoring and there's nothing wrong with that. Somebody's got to do it!

And 20 points from the 4 means PG can get away with scoring only 17 [AGAIN!] and do all those little things. PG doesn't want the pressure of putting up 25 every night. He likes doing all the little things. What he REALLY want to be is Andre Iguodala.

And Kawhi had 4 steals tonight because he didn't have to do all the scoring. He can put in 25 in his sleep just by exploiting the seams in the defense. But 30 or 40? That requires iso ball. He can do it but MJ and Kobe LOVED it. Kawhi does not. He likes being Iguodala too except like The Hulk Iguodala.

Zubac, what can you say? A team-high plus+27 in a team-high 32 minutes. This was the happiest I ever saw him. He did everything right tonight on both ends because he knew what his job was and he did it without thinking. Of course Ibaka has to be the playoff closer because of his experience but keep in mind that Zubac is younger than T-Mann!!

He's earned his burn.

That's what I was talking about with Morris!! We needed to see him on the first team to get his full light and touches to shine through. He is brilliant and will be the 2nd offensive option on the starters moving forward IF the team is smart.

What a terrific game!

It's not a slight at ALL on Ibaka (more that Zu can't play w the second team), but yeah Zu should be starting in most games. He just has a great fit with Kawhi and PG so yeah it's an easy decision.

Everyone played fantastic, very happy with everyone.. Lou, Reggie, Kennard, Mann, Batum (at times), etc..

Loving Coffee!!! Give him more minutes Ty!!!

but PG played horrendous again. His 8-18 game and 0-6 from 3 looks WAY better after his garbage 3 baskets in the 4th where he would have been 5-15, another just awful game turnover wise and shooting wise from a supposed max superstar. Disgusting, and he NEEDS TO FIGURE IT OUT. Getting sick of repeating the same issues with him: awful turnovers, awful shooting, not a leader.... he will be our downfall unless he figures it out.

Kawhi's rebounding is out of control. Dear god, the absolute best teammate and player in the NBA on every level. His stats don't do his game justice, such a magnificent player. So glad he's with us.

Other than the trash that is PG, another absolutely satisfying game!!! THIS is a team that looks like contenders. Looks like they have all the momentum from the last game and they need to continue it tomorrow.

I wouldn't be mad with even a close 10 pt win or so tomorrow, obviously a win is important but regardless of how next game goes even if it's a close (win) this was a fantastic game for the Clippers.

I will still trade Lou, Reggie, Zu, for a legit PG however. MAKE IT HAPPEN FRANK/
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by RingColluder » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:45 am

Max Headrom wrote:Clippers look good and the doom and gloom crowd is absent again...lol

So people can't criticize ANYTHING about the Clippers? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Weird.

If this is a championship team they need to be held accountable.... this was a great win for the team and I've complimented them when they play well (which has been less often than not). Other than another trash game from PG, virtually everyone played exactly how they need to in order for this team to win a championship.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

w3Re: GAME 45: Clippers (28-16) vs Spurs (22-18)—Wednesday 5:30PM PDT NOTE TIME 

Post#48 » by RingColluder » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:48 am

Can't emphasize enough just how incredible and valuable Marcus Morris is for the team.

As was mentioned, I've been clamoring for Ty Lue to start Morris for Batum and look what happens? He plays fantastic (if not better) defense than Batum, opens the court for the rest of the offense, moves the ball, and if we're being completely honest

Is the 2nd best pure shooter by FAR besides Kawhi. Frankly it's not even close currently.

I guarantee, come playoff time we will be a far better team with Morris as our 2nd offensive option than Paul George's 22 second isos that lead to turnovers or bricked shots. I'll take contested 2's or spot up 3's from Morris 50x over PG any day of the week.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#49 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:44 am

Is this the first game in PG's career where he didn't hit even one 3 point shoot?

Nice win although that guy worries me. :-?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#50 » by esqtvd » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:50 am

RingColluder wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:Clippers look good and the doom and gloom crowd is absent again...lol

So people can't criticize ANYTHING about the Clippers? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Weird.

If this is a championship team they need to be held accountable.... this was a great win for the team and I've complimented them when they play well (which has been less often than not). Other than another trash game from PG, virtually everyone played exactly how they need to in order for this team to win a championship.

It might not be a championship team. If it is, then praising them when they win takes no genius. If not, dogging them doesn't take any genius either. Anybody can read the box score. MaxH's criticism is for those folks, either frontrunners or jackals.

Perhaps PG is finding a new role. He IS contributing when his shot isn't falling. He IS showing up every night. His inconsistency lately IS maddening--he either scores 30 or he scores 17 and not much in between. But we won going away, so all's well that ends well. :)
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#51 » by playaloc916 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:12 pm

Dammit, looks like I missed a great game...

Saw the highlights, that reverse layup by Mann, that was a thing of beauty... Senior seems to be getting back into his groove, and I like him starting. I think Batum was good in the starting lineup when both PG and Kawhi were hot, but now that PG is going through a "slump", we need Senior's scoring to take some pressure off Kawhi. I think Batum is more of a point forward/playmaking "big", not as much of a scoring threat (even though he was red hot from the corner, early on in the season).

Hopefully the win streak can be extended to 4 tonight.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers