ImageImageImage

Evan Fournier Appreciation Thread

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Evan Fournier Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:36 pm

Read on Twitter

I mean...good I guess?
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,256

Re: Welcome to Boston, Evan Fournier! 

Post#2 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:39 pm

What an awful deal for BOS. Team is f-ing trash and Fournier ain't fixing it in HALF a season. And now pretty much and chance at landing an actual difference maker into the TPE is gone with like $10-11M left.

The only positive spin here could be that I guess BOS could re-sign Fournier with bird rights and still have the MLE to use this offseason. But that probably requires ownership to go a lot damn deeper into the luxury tax than any ownership group should be willing to for Evan Fournier and a mini-MLE player.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#3 » by KGboss » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:40 pm

I'm happy about this move anyone that isnt over 2 seconds is a hater and you're on notice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
EliteSmarts
Pro Prospect
And1: 969

Post#4 » by EliteSmarts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:42 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:What an awful deal for BOS. Team is f-ing trash and Fournier ain't fixing it in HALF a season. And now pretty much and chance at landing an actual difference maker into the TPE is gone with like $10-11M left.

The only positive spin here could be that I guess BOS could re-sign Fournier with bird rights and still have the MLE to use this offseason. But that probably requires ownership to go a lot damn deeper into the luxury tax than any ownership group should be willing to for Evan Fournier and a mini-MLE player.
KGboss wrote:I'm happy about this move anyone that isnt over 2 seconds is a hater and you're on notice!

2 vastly different responses are fascinating. Interested to see which side Celtics fans lean on.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,642

Post#5 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#6 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 pm

I mean it's a fine deal but really would have hoped to get more out of the TPE than 25 games of an OK player. Maybe they can churn him into another TPE in the off-season.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#7 » by greenroom31 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:45 pm

EliteSmarts wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:What an awful deal for BOS. Team is f-ing trash and Fournier ain't fixing it in HALF a season. And now pretty much and chance at landing an actual difference maker into the TPE is gone with like $10-11M left.

KGboss wrote:I'm happy about this move anyone that isnt over 2 seconds is a hater and you're on notice!

2 vastly different responses are fascinating. Interested to see which side Celtics fans lean on.

Both are right in a sense. Only giving up 2nds is a great trade for a ~20 ppg scorer. On the other hand, it's a half-season rental and we just used our TPE on an expiring contract.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#8 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:46 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wow imagine the Smiles per possession with he and Kemba on the court.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,409

Post#9 » by bisme37 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:46 pm

DON'T GOOGLE!!
flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,780

Post#10 » by flintsky21 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:46 pm

Just another option in the clutch in case Smart is heavily guarded.

Gomes3PC
General Manager
And1: 3,752

Post#11 » by Gomes3PC » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:49 pm

I really like Fournier and the cost is low. Seems like Gordon or maybe Nance or something like that is still in play.

Would also say it sounds like TT has been a real issue in the locker room. Would love to find a way to move off him in a deal today. Just didn't work out there.

As far as Fournier goes, our D already sucks so not honestly worried he breaks us there - he's not a total sieve, just limited.

Personally, I think he has a bit of a chance to flourish if given a role on a better team, much like Bogdanovic did for Indy and now Utah. He's a smart passer, crafty, knows how to get to the FT line. I think he will do really well leading 2nd units when Jayson is on the bench and relieve some of that pressure from Jaylen.

I also think if he has a good run here there's a decent likelihood he can be retained at a reasonable number. Does not appear like there's huge appetite for him given how cheap it was to get him. At 28 and with limited injury woes, if he likes it here he could be a nice mid-term fit for 2 years.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Post#12 » by jirrit » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:50 pm

This is obviously not a move on his own.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#13 » by KGboss » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:50 pm

I dont think this will be the last move of the day

hugepatsfan
Head Coach

Post#14 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:52 pm

If this team was looking poised for another ECF run I'd be ok with this. Fournier for 2 2nds is great value wise and he's the type of player who can push a team further with his bench scoring.

But this team does not look poised for an ECF run. We're two games below .500 for crying out loud. Even Fournier isn't pushing us anywhere that any of us should care about. The loss of flexibility is worse to me than feeling better about our chances to avoid collapse and stay maybe a game or two over .500.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach

Post#15 » by hugepatsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:53 pm

KGboss wrote:

I dont think this will be the last move of the day

Fair. My perspective definitely subject to change if other moves are made.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#16 » by djFan71 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:53 pm

I wanted him in the offseason as part of a Hayward trade, so I like the player. Hayward Lite lite. Gotta see how the rest of today plays out to see if I like it financially, etc.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,946

Post#17 » by Drax » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:00 pm

My new role model has finally arrived, soon to be bald white french dude. What a day to be a Celtics fan!
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#18 » by celtics543 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:00 pm

I'm not sure how anyone can be that upset. Fournier is already one of the top guys every obtained by trading a trade exception. No big star has ever come back in return for one and most just expire. I'm glad Danny used it and I'm excited to see a 20ppg guy that can shoot and pass.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,211

Post#19 » by Homerclease » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:00 pm

Step 1: collect underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: profit
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Post#20 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:01 pm

flintsky21 wrote:Just another option in the clutch in case Smart is heavily guarded.

:lol: :lol:

I lol'ed so hard.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Boston Celtics