ImageImageImage

The Fire Rosas Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#1 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:37 pm

When we lose our draft pick and are still the worst team in the league, how many days do you give it?
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,154

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#2 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:42 pm

Note30 wrote:When we lose our draft pick and are still the worst team in the league, how many days do you give it?

Making a lot of assumptions there.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#3 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:42 pm

But but but covid / injuries... Our "best" players didnt play together...

One thing that is going to be funny and im actually looking for to see it now is Dlo-Edwards-Kat sharing the court at same time.
Is going to be pure entertainment. Shooting, usage and defense wise. lol
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#4 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:43 pm

Did you want him to make a move just to try and save his job? Rosas has made a lot of moves that would justify his firing, but I don't think not making a move today was one of them.
Although I think you could probably justify firing him today just to prevent him from wasting another draft pick and give the next gm time some time to prepare for the offseason.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 pm

winforlose wrote:
Note30 wrote:When we lose our draft pick and are still the worst team in the league, how many days do you give it?

If we aren't the bottom 3 we lose our pick, if we are we still have a pretty good shot (60%) of losing our pick.

So it's not a major assumption.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

winforlose
General Manager

Post#6 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:But but but covid / injuries... Our "best" players didnt play together...

One thing that is going to be funny and im actually looking for to see it now is Dlo-Edwards-Kat sharing the court at same time.

Look at the Warriors the past two years. Should they fire their GM?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#7 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:46 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:But but but covid / injuries... Our "best" players didnt play together...

Are any of those factually incorrect that they have affected the team?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#8 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:46 pm

Note30 wrote:
winforlose wrote:

If we aren't the bottom 3 we lose our pick, if we are we still have a pretty good shot (60%) of losing our pick.

Assumption 1. We lost our pick despite a 40% chance to keep it.

Assumption 2. We are the worst team in the league next season.

Assumption 3. Rosas will be fired during the season instead of after it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#9 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 pm

winforlose wrote:

(I'll just go with an emoji once again)

:lol:
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Did you want him to make a move just to try and save his job? Rosas has made a lot of moves that would justify his firing, but I don't think not making a move today was one of them.
Although I think you could probably justify firing him today just to prevent him from wasting another draft pick and give the next gm time some time to prepare for the offseason.

No but he could have made a move to trade Beasley or Rubio, both who don't fit even if we do stick with his core.

He didn't even do anything to make his previous choices better.

breatnach
Starter
And1: 826

Post#11 » by breatnach » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:48 pm

Note30 wrote:

That's not correct. Even as the 10th worst team we could pick top 3 and thus keep it - the odds are just extremely bad.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:49 pm

winforlose wrote:
Note30 wrote:
winforlose wrote:

Assumption 1. We lost our pick despite a 40% chance to keep it.

Assumption 2. We are the worst team in the league next season.

Assumption 3. Rosas will be fired during the season instead of after it.

1. 40% isn't high. Pretty large chance we lose it and that's only if we have the worst record.
2. I meant this season.
3. I meant after the season, otherwise how would the line of questioning make sense.

It's one assumption.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:49 pm

Note30 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Did you want him to make a move just to try and save his job? Rosas has made a lot of moves that would justify his firing, but I don't think not making a move today was one of them.

No but he could have made a move to trade Beasley or Rubio, both who don't fit even if we do stick with his core.

How does Beasley not fit? At it's foundation, the offense will be heavy pick and rolls. Off of that, you need dependable 3-point shooters to keep the defense honest. Is Beasley not a dependable 3-point shooter? Sounds like an ideal offensive fit for me.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Note30 wrote:1. 40% isn't high. Pretty large chance we lose it and that's only if we have the worst record.

Wrong. The percentages are the same, whether we finish with the worst, second-worst or third-worst record.

Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:51 pm

winforlose wrote:

The Warriors will regain a star player better than any player sans KAT (and that's debatable) that we currently have.

They will probably get another high draft pick from us, which they can then pair to get another star or good role players.

They are about to make the playoffs this year they aren't the worst team in the league numbnuts.

Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#16 » by Sugarless » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Note30 wrote:
winforlose wrote:

And even if they keep it, they'll lose next year's. But it's funny cause people look at it like if the Wolves keep it next summer it won't be that bad.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#17 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Note30 wrote:

I wouldn't trade Rubio while we're still trying to develop Ant, at least if we buy into the narrative that Rubio is a positive influence on Ant.

Beasley, I could go either way on. I don't know what the long term plan is there. There's still time to shuffle the deck before next year, when we'll have a fresh opportunity to be competitive.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:53 pm

Klomp wrote:
Note30 wrote:1. 40% isn't high. Pretty large chance we lose it and that's only if we have the worst record.

Wrong. The percentages are the same, whether we finish with the worst, second-worst or third-worst record.

Didn't know that, thank you Klomp.

But it still doesn't change the fact that those three positions are a win or two apart.

Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#19 » by Sugarless » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
Note30 wrote:

I wouldn't trade Rubio while we're still trying to develop Ant, at least if we buy into the narrative that Rubio is a positive influence on Ant.

Yep, this franchise has always been about narratives. Rarely about what you see on the floor.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:55 pm

breatnach wrote:
Note30 wrote:

That's not correct. Even as the 10th worst team we could pick top 3 and thus keep it - the odds are just extremely bad.

Okay... It's really bad chances, the point is that it's not a terrible assumption to make.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves