ImageImageImageImageImage

All kinds of rumors about Drummond

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Re: All kinds of rumors about Drummond 

Post#121 » by HardenGoat » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:41 pm

Denver gave up 2 SRP and a young player in Hartenstein for McGee. That's a lot actually considering McGee wasn't really used last year in playoffs.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#122 » by Kiddlovesnets » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:Playing Drummond over DJ, Claxton, or Green is probably a negative offensively. He is probably a better option the blake although blake provides some green small ball 5 insurance.

I just dont see how drummond helps a contender. he is almost certainly a negative when it comes to playoff basketball

I still dont get why you like DJ so much, hes been one of the worst starting centers in the league and the worse part is that he doesnt even give effort which can be infectious. Do you expect him to magically turn it on coming into playoffs? And do you expect Claxton and Green to guard Giannis and Embiid?
Whiskey Slick
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#123 » by Whiskey Slick » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:46 am

Drummond signs with the Lakers.

So that's the end of that saga. We get Aldridge and Griffin (and Alzie :D ), and the Lakers get Drummond.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#124 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Playing Drummond over DJ, Claxton, or Green is probably a negative offensively. He is probably a better option the blake although blake provides some green small ball 5 insurance.

I just dont see how drummond helps a contender. he is almost certainly a negative when it comes to playoff basketball

I still dont get why you like DJ so much, hes been one of the worst starting centers in the league and the worse part is that he doesnt even give effort which can be infectious. Do you expect him to magically turn it on coming into playoffs? And do you expect Claxton and Green to guard Giannis and Embiid?

I dont love DJ. Saying DJ isnt a worthless scrub who should be traded is not the same as loving him or saying he is anything special. Also, if you think he is the worst center in the league, you dont watch many other teams. there is a ton of trash at C.

DJ gives you an extremely solid 15-20 mpg. and more then that he does 2 extremely desirable things. screen and roll rim run finishing and block shots as a help defender. I think people dont appreciate it because we had allen do it at a high level for years and claxton now too. but htats not the norm in the league. its hard to find guys with that skillset that are playable.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore

Post#125 » by Kiddlovesnets » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:53 pm

Whiskey Slick wrote:Drummond signs with the Lakers.

So that's the end of that saga. We get Aldridge and Griffin (and Alzie :D ), and the Lakers gets Drummond.

Drummond > Aldridge + Griffin + Aliza Johnson, the Lakers are heavy favorites to win and we will have an uphill road ahead. sigh.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#126 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Whiskey Slick wrote:Drummond signs with the Lakers.

So that's the end of that saga. We get Aldridge and Griffin (and Alzie :D ), and the Lakers gets Drummond.

Drummond > Aldridge + Griffin + Aliza Johnson, the Lakers are heavy favorites to win and we will have an uphill road ahead. sigh.

Drummond is a marginal add for the lakers. Aldridge/Blake were marginal adds for the nets. none of those guys tips the scale. If the lakers were the favorite to beat us, its not because of adding drummond. and it certainly isnt because we chose not to add drummond. Drummond is a pretty poor fit for this team.

IWe have more top end talent then them. Ill take KD/Lebron as a wash and Give me Harden over AD 101 times out of 100. That leaves Kyrie and who.... schroeder?

We have 100 times more depth then them and we are better then them at every positions. we have more shooting as well.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore

Post#127 » by Kiddlovesnets » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Drummond is a marginal add for the lakers. Aldridge/Blake were marginal adds for the nets. none of those guys tips the scale. If the lakers were the favorite to beat us, its not because of adding drummond. and it certainly isnt because we chose not to add drummond. Drummond is a pretty poor fit for this team.

IWe have more top end talent then them. Ill take KD/Lebron as a wash and Give me Harden over AD 101 times out of 100. That leaves Kyrie and who.... schroeder?

We have 100 times more depth then them and we are better then them at every positions. we have more shooting as well.

He could've been a marginal addition for us, but for Lakers hes makes them a superteam. Lakers now have a big three with 2 of them in their prime, and Lebron is older but healthier than KD. I still wanted the team to go hard for Drummond even if we aint needing him as much, 'cause its pretty much over if he joins the Lakers. We will now need an AD season-ending injury to stand a chance against the Lakers in the finals, though I am not such a person to wish for injuries on any players(dont think this will happen anyway since Lakers are very cautious and protective for AD's recovery). Fortunately, Drummond will likely not to stay with them next year, so we can still use this year's playoffs as experience and lesson to prepare better for a title run next year.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#128 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:00 pm

Also,

Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#129 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He could've been a marginal addition for us, but for Lakers hes makes them a superteam. Lakers now have a big three with 2 of them in their prime, and Lebron is older but healthier than KD. I still wanted the team to go hard for Drummond even if we aint needing him as much, 'cause its pretty much over if he joins the Lakers. We will now need an AD season-ending injury to stand a chance against the Lakers in the finals, though I am not such a person to wish for injuries on any players(dont think this will happen anyway since Lakers are very cautious and protective for AD's recovery). Fortunately, Drummond will likely not to stay with them next year, so we can still use this year's playoffs as experience and lesson to prepare better for a title run next year.

Lol the only place Drummond is part of a big 3 is at the buffet table. Dude is nowhere even remotely close to an all-star, let alone superstar to form a big 3.

as far as Lebron being "healthier" last time i checked he is out for a few weeks in addition to AD who is made of glass and has only just resumed minor activities. Even if Lebron is healthier then KD, AD surely isnt. And Harden is a bigger iron man then any of them.

Lebron = KD
Harden > AD
Kyrie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drummond
Harris > KCP
Claxton > Kuzma
TJ/Shamet/DJ/Blake/LMA > Schroeder/Caruso/Harrell/Matthews/Gasol

Drummond does not move the needle much if at all for the lakers and you can make a strong case they are worse with him on the floor as he is a defensive liability and you cant switch pick and rolls with him
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,819

Post#130 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Superteam? Yeah cus they have Lebron and AD not because of Andre Drummond. He's nice for them to have to bring some physicality but he won't be even playing when it matters in scary hours.

Obviously a nice addition for the Lakers since it gives them more options, but to me Drummond is a poor man's version of what they had last season in Dwight Howard and there's certain matchups where he shouldn't be seeing the floor at all.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#131 » by therealbig3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:48 am

Griffin and Aldridge are both better than Drummond...I was on board with Drummond before, but the more you look at his numbers, the emptier they are.

Dwight is a legitimately good C, and he barely saw the court in like half of the Lakers playoff run. Drummond is a million times worse than Dwight, and I’m pretty sure he’d be unplayable against us.

Their starting lineup once LeBron and AD come back is gonna be:

Schroeder-KCP-LeBron-AD-Drummond. That’s like, all time bad floor spacing for a championship-level team, especially nowadays. They have one actually good shooter (KCP), two above average shooters but nothing that’s scaring a defense all that much (LeBron and AD), and then two guys that actively hurt floor spacing (Schroeder and Drummond). And a two big lineup with AD-Drummond just looks and sounds awful.

If the Lakers have to give Drummond meaningful minutes in the playoffs, then it means something went horribly wrong. He’s got to prove me wrong in a major way.
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore

Post#132 » by Kiddlovesnets » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:22 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Griffin and Aldridge are both better than Drummond...I was on board with Drummond before, but the more you look at his numbers, the emptier they are.

Dwight is a legitimately good C, and he barely saw the court in like half of the Lakers playoff run. Drummond is a million times worse than Dwight, and I’m pretty sure he’d be unplayable against us.

Schroeder-KCP-LeBron-AD-Drummond. That’s like, all time bad floor spacing for a championship-level team, especially nowadays. They have one actually good shooter (KCP), two above average shooters but nothing that’s scaring a defense all that much (LeBron and AD), and then two guys that actively hurt floor spacing (Schroeder and Drummond). And a two big lineup with AD-Drummond just looks and sounds awful.

If the Lakers have to give Drummond meaningful minutes in the playoffs, then it means something went horribly wrong. He’s got to prove me wrong in a major way.

Drummond is better than Griffin and Aldridge combined, given that they are all utilized in the right way. Id agree that for us, its hard to utilize Drummond properly so he would not provide much value to us, but him on the Lakers can be a very different story. If Lebron and Vogel manage to convince him into accepting a role as a rebounding machine and defensive anchor, then he can be a rich man's version of Gobert. Problem is he always wants to get more touches on the offensive end and his defensive effort aint always there, but coming into playoffs a focused Drummond is terrifying. We better hope Drummond gets upset at Lebron for stealing rebounds from him.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#133 » by therealbig3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:34 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Griffin and Aldridge are both better than Drummond...I was on board with Drummond before, but the more you look at his numbers, the emptier they are.

Drummond is better than Griffin and Aldridge combined, given that they are all utilized in the right way. Id agree that for us, its hard to utilize Drummond properly so he would not provide much value to us, but him on the Lakers can be a very different story. If Lebron and Vogel manage to convince him into accepting a role as a rebounding machine and defensive anchor, then he can be a rich man's version of Gobert. Problem is he always wants to get more touches on the offensive end and his defensive effort aint always there, but coming into playoffs a focused Drummond is terrifying. We better hope Drummond gets upset at Lebron for stealing rebounds from him.

Drummond doesn’t have the BBIQ to be a defensive anchor. He’s never demonstrated the ability to be one throughout his career.

Nor has he ever shown that he can simply be a finisher/lob threat on offense.

I can pretty much guarantee that Gasol is going to be the guy getting most of the C minutes along with AD come playoff time. He can hit the 3, he can pass, and he’s still miles better than Drummond defensively. He also doesn’t force things or make too many mistakes.
isekii
Sixth Man
And1: 207

Post#134 » by isekii » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:34 pm

man i was hoping he comes here just so the rest of the league can whine.
Was planning on loading up on some more cheese.
Bynum = Future Olowokandi
Prepare to be disappointed Laker Fans.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#135 » by Prokorov » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:01 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:

You cant convince a poor defender to be a defensive anchor... just like you cant convince an awful shooter to be a good one. Drummond will become unplayable in the playoffs vs good teams, and especially vs us. there isnt a single player on our team he can defend on a switch. and he makes a team that already lacks floor spacers even easier to pack it in on.

and he is a super low iq player who takes awful shots and turns it over a bunch.

there is nothing terrifying about drummond. there is a reason he could only fetch a 2nd rounder last year and they couldnt trade him for anything this year. dude is a straight up negative
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#136 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:07 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Kiddlovesnets wrote:

You cant convince a poor defender to be a defensive anchor... just like you cant convince an awful shooter to be a good one. Drummond will become unplayable in the playoffs vs good teams, and especially vs us. there isnt a single player on our team he can defend on a switch. and he makes a team that already lacks floor spacers even easier to pack it in on.

and he is a super low iq player who takes awful shots and turns it over a bunch.

there is nothing terrifying about drummond. there is a reason he could only fetch a 2nd rounder last year and they couldnt trade him for anything this year. dude is a straight up negative

:lol: Imagine them trying to play Drummond if we roll out the Harden/Irving/Harris/Green/Durant line up. Go for it, we'll be up by 25 within 4 minutes.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore

Post#137 » by Kiddlovesnets » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm

MrDollarBills wrote: :lol: Imagine them trying to play Drummond if we roll out the Harden/Irving/Harris/Green/Durant line up. Go for it, we'll be up by 25 within 4 minutes.

You seriously think so? Whos gonna get a board for us in this lineup against Lakers with Drummond? We will get killed on the glass, and Lakers will grab offensive rebounds for more than 50% of the shots they miss.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#138 » by therealbig3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:33 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote: :lol: Imagine them trying to play Drummond if we roll out the Harden/Irving/Harris/Green/Durant line up. Go for it, we'll be up by 25 within 4 minutes.

You seriously think so? Whos gonna get a board for us in this lineup against Lakers with Drummond? We will get killed on the glass, and Lakers will grab offensive rebounds for more than 50% of the shots they miss.

I mean, we'll see I guess, but I seriously doubt they're gonna be able to keep up with us offensively because of their offensive rebounding.

And you can replace Green with better rebounders like Griffin or Aldridge, who can both still hit the 3 like Green. We're still unstoppable offensively, and we can battle on the glass better.

I really don't see Drummond helping them. Maybe right now, because both LeBron and AD are out and they simply need some bodies, but Lakers aren't a contender anyway with both LeBron and AD out (they're actually not a contender with just one of them out, never mind both). Once both of them are back, I'm really struggling to see what Drummond does for them. His entire career pretty much, he's only done one thing well (rebounding), and he's not even average at everything else (like pretty much all aspects of offense, defense outside of rebounding, or simply being a smart basketball player that doesn't make mistakes or force things). Like, they barely found minutes for Howard and McGee in the playoffs last year, because they were liabilities against most matchups. Howard had a solid role in the Portland and Denver series, but was unplayable against Houston, and barely played outside of garbage time against Miami.

And nobody can convince me otherwise that Howard isn't 10x the player that Drummond is, today. Not even talking about prime Dwight, who was so out of Drummond's league it isn't even funny.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Post#139 » by HardenGoat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:00 pm

Adding Drummond to make a big 3 is like saying adding LMA and Griffin makes us a big 5. The key players are AD and Lebron. We still have a big 3. And we have way better depth. We have two superstar caliber guards with one on the floor at all times. Lebron is going to have to rest while we still have one on the floor, and we will have both out with him on. Drummond is a ball stopper and not an efficient one. At least Harrel is more efficient but he is a ball stopper as well. I think their goose is cooked and I'am not sure they even come out of the West this year. Denver has gotten stronger as well as the Jazz. Our path is easier, I still don't trust Embiid and the Bucks are not going to beat us in 7. Bucks and 76ers are going to have to go 7 games on each other before us.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,545

Post#140 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:59 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:

Gang rebound as usual. Meanwhile, we score every time down the floor.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to Brooklyn Nets