ImageImageImage

The Fire Rosas Thread

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Tjstangeland
Freshman
And1: 24

Re: The Fire Rosas Thread 

Post#41 » by Tjstangeland » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:16 pm

I wish yall would stop with this nonsense. So we didn't make a bad trade and yall are pissed about that. The fact is we have had a non injured team or suspended for 2 games. Our team is too young to have any big piece MIA. Saunders was a bad coach with a good heritage. I believe Rosas and Finch can turn this team around if and only if the the team can stay off the injured or suspended list.

We have not seen Okogie playing the 4 since Finch took control of this team and has been playing non small ball lineups since. The small ball mentality is gone. We just need more talent including more experience from the the youngest team in the NBA. I hope we are blessed with another top 3 pick but more importantly experience for our young and talented players.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,151

Post#42 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:31 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:
winforlose wrote:You know we are ignoring an important question in this thread. Who hired Ryan, Rosas or Taylor. If Rosas, fire his a** for that alone. If Taylor, ask yourself how much of our current situation is his fault.

Maybe you should ask yourself first who put together this roster and gave such valuable pick to do it...

I know i know, why? You think this roster is amazing built. We aren't on the way to a 62-10 record because of the evil Ryan Saunders.

Your problem is you don’t like facts. For example, we are the youngest team in the league. Fact, any team missing their best player is going to lose games. Fact, we are currently without our #2, and 3 players and have been for the last 11 games. Fact, Ryan Saunders is one of the worst coaches by record in history and his schemes reflect that. Fact, we lost the vast majority of our close games under Ryan Saunders. I could go on.

I hate small ball, and I blame Rosas for it. That said, you guys are ready to roast someone for putting together a young team and actually wanting to see how it plays together. You hate the Dlo trade because things went wrong but if we hadn’t been so badly F***** this season and we were losing a 13-16 pick you wouldn’t be nearly so angry about it. Firing Rosas when Dlo and KAT have only played 5 games together is more than premature, it’s silly. Declaring Dlo a lost cause before having a decent coach work with him is silly. Same with Ant. They are 25 (recently turned,) and 19 respectively. Calm down and have a little perspective mixed with a bit of patience.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#43 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Klomp wrote:
Note30 wrote:We didn't have to make a big splashy move. We just should have done something. Culver, Okogies, any of our poor rotational fits.

Like do something man. How could you not identify one thing to fix?

Read on Twitter

Talent that never realized with guys like Okogie and Culver. Talent leads you to nowhere.. U need proven players to win.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,135

Post#44 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:44 pm

I hope we finish between 8th-11th worst record in the league. Just dont give the warriors a top 5 pick
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#45 » by IceManBK1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:46 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:I hope we finish between 8th-11th worst record in the league. Just dont give the warriors a top 5 pick

We getting top 3..just keep tanking. Trust the process.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#46 » by Baseline81 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:50 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:I hope we finish between 8th-11th worst record in the league. Just dont give the warriors a top 5 pick

As of now, OKC has the 8th worst record (19-25) compared to Minnesota at 10-34. That is quite a gap to make up.

The Wolves may pass Orlando (15-29), who today traded Fournier, Gordon and Vucevic, and Washington (15-27) for the 5th worst record.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#47 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:59 pm

winforlose wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:
winforlose wrote:You know we are ignoring an important question in this thread. Who hired Ryan, Rosas or Taylor. If Rosas, fire his a** for that alone. If Taylor, ask yourself how much of our current situation is his fault.

Maybe you should ask yourself first who put together this roster and gave such valuable pick to do it...

I know i know, why? You think this roster is amazing built. We aren't on the way to a 62-10 record because of the evil Ryan Saunders.

Your problem is you don’t like facts. For example, we are the youngest team in the league. Fact, any team missing their best player is going to lose games. Fact, we are currently without our #2, and 3 players and have been for the last 11 games. Fact, Ryan Saunders is one of the worst coaches by record in history and his schemes reflect that. Fact, we lost the vast majority of our close games under Ryan Saunders. I could go on.

I hate small ball, and I blame Rosas for it. That said, you guys are ready to roast someone for putting together a young team and actually wanting to see how it plays together. You hate the Dlo trade because things went wrong but if we hadn’t been so badly F***** this season and we were losing a 13-16 pick you wouldn’t be nearly so angry about it. Firing Rosas when Dlo and KAT have only played 5 games together is more than premature, it’s silly. Declaring Dlo a lost cause before having a decent coach work with him is silly. Same with Ant. They are 25 (recently turned,) and 19 respectively. Calm down and have a little perspective mixed with a bit of patience.

I'm calm dude.
I love facts. You and the other dude are the ones that doesn't like to talk about facts when you don't like the narrative.

And those aren't facts btw, is your opinion in most cases.

And no i didn't hate the Dlo trade because things went wrong. No, not me. This was predictable. Dude sucks and stats (facts) show exactly that. Would be a horrible trade if we were losing a 13-16 pick to GS too

Love the small ball part. Is Rosas idea, Rosas built a roster under this idea and yet you are the one asking... "who hired Ryan?" That is the one we should blame. Just great.

Ahhhh the youngest team in the NBA excuse. Prespective and patience. I love that one too... Usually young teams don't give low protected picks... another knock on Rosas but wait, wait...

Blame RYAN for that too.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,588

Post#48 » by jpatrick » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:03 pm

Rosas’ biggest three moves have been disasters: Culver, Ant, and especially DLo. I would add hiring Saunders but I think that was more Taylor. That’s a fireable track record. Won’t happen this offseason though unless Taylor sells.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#49 » by Note30 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:07 pm

jpatrick wrote:Rosas’ biggest three moves have been disasters: Culver, Ant, and especially DLo. I would add hiring Saunders but I think that was more Taylor. That’s a fireable track record. Won’t happen this offseason though unless Taylor sells.

Ant isn't a disaster. He's a WIP, we'll find out if he's a disaster next year.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#50 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:11 pm

Calling Ant a disaster is a little aggressive. Like a week ago he was the chosen one.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#51 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Worm Guts wrote:Calling Ant a disaster is a little aggressive. Like a week ago he was the chosen one.

It’s coming from a lamelo fanboy.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#52 » by Krapinsky » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:15 pm

Meh to this thread. I like the Finch hiring and am excited to see what he does with D-Lo and Beasley in the fold. I wasn't too excited about any of the guys on the trade market so I was fine standing pat.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#53 » by TheZachAttack » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:But but but covid / injuries... Our "best" players didnt play together...

One thing that is going to be funny and im actually looking for to see it now is Dlo-Edwards-Kat sharing the court at same time.
Is going to be pure entertainment. Shooting, usage and defense wise. lol

How did the Warriors do when both of their best players were injured? Or when their 2nd best player was injured? I'm not saying the Wolves are in a Warriors type situation. However, when the teams top 3 players have played a total of 4 games together... there is no other response but it's stupid to think that it's not impactful.

If the Wolves were something like a 18-26 win/loss team right now, how would you think differently about where we were at? If we were going to lose a ~10th-15th pick what would your thoughts be? This team still has a long ways to go, but it's much more likely that the team is much better than the current record if not for some of the worst injury luck in the league over this last 12 months.

If the Wolves are mid-way through next season with another free agency and draft to potentially add talent and a healthy top of rotation and they are still worst in the league... well I'm all on board the fire Rosas trade.

I think frustration with the team and the current status and the lost year of development to some degree fully makes sense. Firing Rosas now makes zero sense. We literally have no idea where we are at with a healthy roster. Any suggestion otherwise is a flat out lie.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#54 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:17 pm

Neeva wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:Calling Ant a disaster is a little aggressive. Like a week ago he was the chosen one.

It’s coming from a lamelo fanboy.

Don’t do that
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 835

Post#55 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,151

Post#56 » by winforlose » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:20 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:

I'm calm dude.
I love facts. You and the other dude are the ones that doesn't like to talk about facts when you don't like the narrative.

And those aren't facts btw, is your opinion in most cases.

And no i didn't hate the Dlo trade because things went wrong. No, not me. This was predictable. Dude sucks and stats (facts) show exactly that. Would be a horrible trade if we were losing a 13-16 pick to GS too

Love the small ball part. Is Rosas idea, Rosas built a roster under this idea and yet you are the one asking... "who hired Ryan?" That is the one we should blame. Just great.

Ahhhh the youngest team in the NBA excuse. Prespective and patience. I love that one too... Usually young teams don't give low protected picks... another knock on Rosas but wait, wait...

Blame RYAN for that too.

If you were calm you would understand that I was actually agreeing with you about small ball. It’s my biggest gripe against Rosas. I have been very clear on that if you want to check my posts. I was also agreeing that if Rosas was responsible for Ryan he should be fired. That said, getting out from under Wiggins contract and getting a solid 3 point shooter was a worth a mid to late first round pick. It also kept KAT HERE (hopefully indefinitely.)

To the points about his biggest 3 moves. One of his biggest moves was bringing in Beasley. We still don’t know how Ant or Bolmaro will turn out. Culver was a bad mistake but it was made to look even worse because he missed a ton of time this season so we don’t know how much can be fixed. Naz, JMAC, MCD, Beasley, Nowell all solid moves by Rosas. End of the day we need to see the team healthy and with Finch at the helm.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 835

Post#57 » by UnFadeable21 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 pm

“We’re going to question the norm. We are going to be thorough, diligent, & precise.” Gersson Rosas
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#58 » by Baseline81 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:34 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Based on Rosas' statements in these tweets, I do wonder if he would consider Mobley should the team hold onto its draft pick.
AbeVigodaLive
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,358

Post#59 » by AbeVigodaLive » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:36 pm

UnFadeable21 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

So the Wolves are so far ahead of the curve... they've changed their stance on the PF position entirely... in only 3 months.

Cool?
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#60 » by Sugarless » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:37 pm

Neeva wrote:Well this upcoming draft is basically a 4 man draft. So wolves only lose if they end up 4th:/

Absolutely not. By that measure most drafts would be a 0 to 2 men draft.

The fact is the 5th to 12th picks in this draft are going to be more valuable to than the 5th to 12th in most drafts.

I understood and assumed years ago that most fans barely watch NBA games outside of their own team's, let alone watch college basketball or foreign leagues (and I'm not talking about highlight reels or a couple games of this or that player), but you can't seriously say ''well, if we end up 5th and lose our pick it won't really matter cause it's only a 4 man draft". It's not true and that's not even how things work for a franchise.

Kuminga is a heck of a prospect. Scottie Barnes with a developed jump-shot would be the type of PF the whole league drools about, and the guy everyone here wants next to KAT (strong, mature, excellent defender inside and out, team player first and foremost and to top it all a good ballhandler and fantastic passer at his size), a guy you would usually only draft in the top-3 and this year he could not make it into the top-8. James Bouknight is a guy who can score at every level (despite his bad 3-pt % this year) with solid athleticism and a really smooth offensive game, he shows good effort, he's a strong rebounder for his position and he's got great demeanor on the court, unlike many young prospects. Davion Mitchell is not even projected to go in the lottery (...yet. Much like Donovan Mitchell at the time) just because he's 22yo and 6-2, but he's a relentless defender with quick feet and quicker hands, he's an excellent passer and a 46% 3-pt shooter on high volume who's one of the readiest players to contribute and can play both guard spots since he's built like a rock. Then you have Moses Moody, Corey Kispert as a fantastic 3-pt shooter and coming off one of the best scoring seasons ever in terms of efficiency, you have international guys like Petrusev, Sengün and Garuba... Of course there are 4 to 5 guys that could go #1 because they're all excellent and different from one another. That's a lot! But that combined with the rest of the top-end talent that's still not as far ahead makes this a deep draft, precisely the one where you don't want to lose a top-8 or top-10 pick, when you have more than a couple options to get a true gem.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves