ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Six)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Re: Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#1321 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Why do we want these guys taking Mcdaniels minutes again?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,582

Post#1322 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:
So much nonsense from you today.

What does it change? In the next two years, we are losing one pick. Why does it really matter if it's this year or next year?

Why? Come on Klomp

A top-3 pick this season would change everything. Would give us another HUGE asset to improve the roster by trade or by drafting the best guy available.

And by improving the team for next season you are increasing the chances of giving Golden State a worse pick (range) in 2022.

Losing the pick this year also frees up the 2022 pick to use in a trade as early as this summer. If we keep, earliest we can trade in another deal is 2023.

Personally, I'm not a strong believer in the current class outside of the top few guys. So if we keep our pick, fine, we'll get a Cunningham/Suggs/Mobley. If not, I'm not too worried about losing a pick 4-14 this year. Yeah it sucks kinda but it'd be par for the course as a Wolves fan.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 681

Post#1323 » by karch34 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 pm

Baseline81 wrote:
karch34 wrote:I'd gamble since we still have the open roster spot.

Think I'd rather Hollis-Jefferson back.

Not against that either since cost would be the same, but we already have an all Offense PF in Jauncho and an all Defense PF in Vando, so maybe an average or above option on both sides who was a top 3 pick and still young is worth it.

And to Neeva's point I think McDaniels fits better now at SF. I think he can be our PF of the future though.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1324 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:53 pm

Calinks wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Calinks wrote:4. Luck is big. He has been pretty damn unlucky at times and lucky in others. He was extremely unlucky this season with KAT going down, getting covid, DLo injury, Beasley off-season drama, You just can't predict that stuff and it has had a massive effect on this team.

For some reason these things always seem to be the season excuse. Maybe this one more than others but all the same...

True but I think this franchise also has horrendous luck. I mean, Flip came back, things were looking good, he gets cancer and dies. We get Thibs and he gets Butler, things seem good, Butler has a historic meltdown and our team is in shambles. Our star players mother dies of Covid, we trade for his best friend and because of injuries they play 5 games together in 18 months. Beasley does something extremely stupid while he's chilling at home, etc.

Just really stupid/random bad stuff happens to us a lot. It happens to all teams but it still sucks and can set you back.

I'll agree some of that is random bad luck. Others not so much. I'm not going to get into the Butler mess again but that wasn't bad luck, it was self inflicted. I think this team endlessly shoots itself in the foot every season and because of that they can't survive the random bad luck occurances every other team motors through to the best of their abilities because their team isn't doing stupid things to hurt themselves otherwise.

Pick your poisen this year because I have so many to list that they screwed this team with this year it easily matches the amount of bad luck items.

Things were looking so positive for this team last spring after the deadline and Dlo/Towns weren't even playing together then yet either. The difference is Rosas and crew screwed the pooch this offseason and set their team up to fail with every choice made related to players in/out and playing time/roles. This is so common here and when your team is held together with shoes strings and bubble gum it just doesn't take much. This year they got a heaping spoonful of bad luck, sure. And the Lakers lost AD and Lebron kept playing. Now they lost Lebron, they will keep playing as smart of basektball as they can until they return. They won't throw up their hands and nose dive everything because they had a built team. It's not time to tank seasons. This Wolves team takes any opportunity they can to tank another season, add another little piece of fictionary hope and ugh...
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1325 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:04 pm

Jedzz wrote:This year they got a heaping spoonful of bad luck, sure. And the Lakers lost AD and Lebron kept playing. Now they lost Lebron, they will keep playing as smart of basektball as they can until they return. They won't throw up their hands and nose dive everything because they had a built team.

Lakers are 7-10 since the Davis injury and 0-3 since the James injury. For a team that was 21-6, that's a nosedive. All teams lose gameswhen their best players are hurt. Don't confuse tanking with not having the depth of talent to make up for injuries.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1326 » by Jedzz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:This year they got a heaping spoonful of bad luck, sure. And the Lakers lost AD and Lebron kept playing. Now they lost Lebron, they will keep playing as smart of basektball as they can until they return. They won't throw up their hands and nose dive everything because they had a built team.

Lakers are 7-10 since the Davis injury and 0-3 since the James injury. For a team that was 21-6, that's a nosedive.

But it's not a purposeful nosedive. The very minute Kat went out the Timberwolves dumped the entire season with every choice from then on. Lebron didn't quit the moment AD went down. You don't see James Harden and Nets quitting because Kyrie's Kyrie is inflamed and Durant is also out doing whatever. If the team keeps trying to win they can still win some and keep it afloat until others get back. You don't tank a season when you have an expensive built roster. You fight to keep it alive. If I was Taylor I would have had a moving truck outside Rosas office door long ago.

Dlo didn't quit at first but I believe at one point he finally did. You watch your coaches tell a bunch of scrubs to take his role every chance they can and do their own thing. They aren't where they are supposed to be when he's running the offence. What's the point? I think he took that moment to gtfo and get the knee thing cleared up until Towns gets back and hopefully the deadline straightened things up for the team. Who knows what's going to happen to finish this season now. Rosas told us a month in it was "always going to be a development season". When then tell Dlo and Kat to go have a vacation for the whole season then.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1327 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:13 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Lakers are 7-10 since the Davis injury and 0-3 since the James injury. For a team that was 21-6, that's a nosedive.

But it's not a purposeful nosedive. The very minute Kat went out the Timberwolves dumped the entire season with every choice from then on.

Such as?

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1328 » by Merc_Porto » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Klomp wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:
Klomp wrote:What does it change? In the next two years, we are losing one pick. Why does it really matter if it's this year or next year?

Why? Come on Klomp

A top-3 pick this season would change everything. Would give us another HUGE asset to improve the roster by trade or by drafting the best guy available.

And by improving the team for next season you are increasing the chances of giving Golden State a worse pick (range) in 2022.

Losing the pick this year also frees up the 2022 pick to use in a trade as early as this summer. If we keep, earliest we can trade in another deal is 2023.

Personally, I'm not a strong believer in the current class outside of the top few guys. So if we keep our pick, fine, we'll get a Cunningham/Suggs/Mobley. If not, I'm not too worried about losing a pick 4-14 this year. Yeah it sucks kinda but it'd be par for the course as a Wolves fan.

Yes, but freeing up the 2022 pick doesnt compare with a top-3 pick in 2021. A top-3 pick can bring star talent. Much needed star talent.

As for "Yeah it sucks kinda but it'd be par for the course as a Wolves fan."
I'll be ok as well as soon the responsible for the trade is gone.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#1329 » by Neeva » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:22 pm

So KAT? Wolves don’t trade for dlo if he wasn’t Kat’s bff.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1330 » by Klomp » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Neeva wrote:So KAT? Wolves don’t trade for dlo if he wasn’t Kat’s bff.

This is what a lot of fans believe, yes. Doesn't mean it's reality.

RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#1331 » by RiRuHoops » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:33 pm

So if the plan is to see how the team looks back healthy with DLo, Beas, Ant, KAT, then why Rubio wasn't let go? He's not going to be happy on the bench of the worst team in the league.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#1332 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:36 pm

RiRuHoops wrote:So if the plan is to see how the team looks back healthy with DLo, Beas, Ant, KAT, then why Rubio wasn't let go? He's not going to be happy on the bench of the worst team in the league.

Because he’s a player who plays the right way who has Ant’s ear.
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer

Post#1333 » by RiRuHoops » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:45 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
RiRuHoops wrote:So if the plan is to see how the team looks back healthy with DLo, Beas, Ant, KAT, then why Rubio wasn't let go? He's not going to be happy on the bench of the worst team in the league.

Let Ed Davis have his ear. Rubio was making waves when Finch was appointed about his future role. He's not going to be happy getting 15 mpg. And what happens to Nowell? Just not enough minutes. Rosas definitely flopped here, and the PF situation is still a clown show and too many guards.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,472

Post#1334 » by Worm Guts » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:50 pm

RiRuHoops wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

Let Ed Davis have his ear. Rubio was making waves when Finch was appointed about his future role. He's not going to be happy getting 15 mpg. And what happens to Nowell? Just not enough minutes. Rosas definitely flopped here, and the PF situation is still a clown show and too many guards.

I don’t know if Ed Davis is Ricky Rubio when it comes to understanding the game or has the same influence with Ant, but even if he is, the more the better. Ant needs to be around players who play the right way.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1335 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:02 am

How about us making a run at andre Drummonds.. Guy is a reb machine and good shot blocker. Maybe switch towns to PF?
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer

Post#1336 » by RiRuHoops » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:07 am

IceManBK1 wrote:How about us making a run at andre Drummonds.. Guy is a reb machine and good shot blocker. Maybe switch towns to PF?

:roll: yeah I bet he sleeps in twolves pajamas and daydreams about playing for the worst team in the league :lol:

some fans are just brain dead
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,136

Post#1337 » by Calinks » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:16 am

IceManBK1 wrote:How about us making a run at andre Drummonds.. Guy is a reb machine and good shot blocker. Maybe switch towns to PF?

Every player wants to go to the same 5 or so contending teams. Pretty much no shot he will want to come here, just not how players operate today.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#1338 » by KGdaBom » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:32 am

Calinks wrote:

Every player wants to go to the same 5 or so contending teams. Pretty much no shot he will want to come here, just not how players operate today.

What if those teams don't want him?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,661

Post#1339 » by KGdaBom » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:32 am

Not a single minuscule trade? Shocking.
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1340 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:48 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:

What if those teams don't want him?

knicks were one of the teams rumored to be interested..but they have mitchell and noel. he's gonna have to split playing time with those guys. alot of talk has drummonds going to Lakers. But we can sell drummonds on a starting role and a max contract if he fits well. Lakers don't have cap space to max him?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves