ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1481 » by WESCO » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:49 pm

Lmao at Rockets. Could have had Simmons instead end up with averly Bradley olynik and really low 1st rounders for harden.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1482 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:51 pm

WESCO wrote:Lmao at Rockets. Could have had Simmons instead end up with averly Bradley olynik and really low 1st rounders for harden.

When being petty costs a fortune in value
WESCO
Head Coach

Post#1483 » by WESCO » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 pm

FNQ wrote:
WESCO wrote:Lmao at Rockets. Could have had Simmons instead end up with averly Bradley olynik and really low 1st rounders for harden.

When being petty costs a fortune in value

Sometimes I scratch my head about kd turning into Wiggins and Oublander.

Then I see how bad rockets have been and what they end up with.

A true reminder to count our blessings and not our problems.

Now Myer's go steal Drummond off the waiver wire!!!
WESCO
Head Coach

Post#1484 » by WESCO » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:56 pm

Also wonder what blazers future plans are for McCollum
WESCO
Head Coach

Post#1485 » by WESCO » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:57 pm

Theis also got traded for peanuts. Would have loved to have him on the roster
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1486 » by SAKURABA216 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:10 pm

That's right lol. Why the heck would they trade for Oladipo without anyone in the front office being able to reach out to someone in his camp that could answer whether or not he would be willing to sign an extension with them? Couldn't they have at least called his agent to make sure before pulling the trigger on a trade or is that considered tampering? It seems like a catastrophic failure to perform even the most basic due diligence.
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 96

Post#1487 » by Chupchup » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:13 pm

Pretty disappointed we didn't do anything to upgrade the team for this season. We still lack size + playmaking + shooting. Yes I don't know who was available nor the ask but we haven't shown ourselves to be contenders so thus the disappointment in the lack of movement.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1488 » by SAKURABA216 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:28 pm

We can mess with the Lakers by throwing the full DPE at Drummond lol. That team would actually be pretty good if you don't mind the lack of shooting.
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#1489 » by Phase 3 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 pm

Chupchup wrote:Pretty disappointed we didn't do anything to upgrade the team for this season. We still lack size + playmaking + shooting. Yes I don't know who was available nor the ask but we haven't shown ourselves to be contenders so thus the disappointment in the lack of movement.

These guys are busy developing 20 year olds. No need to build a championship roster around Steph.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,405

Post#1490 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Phase 3 wrote:
Chupchup wrote:Pretty disappointed we didn't do anything to upgrade the team for this season. We still lack size + playmaking + shooting. Yes I don't know who was available nor the ask but we haven't shown ourselves to be contenders so thus the disappointment in the lack of movement.

These guys are busy developing 20 year olds. No need to build a championship roster around Steph.

Myers and Lacob likely betting on better returns AFTER this season than now.

Our current squad is likely a fun David vs Goliath first round either walloping or upset of say...Utah...and then out of the playoffs.
Beal add probably doesn't change that.

So...holding onto assets and taking a look at summer time when....who knows...Lakers might decide to move on if LeBron or AD have a major injury.... Harden might become available if Net's implode and lose in the first round to Miami....etc.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 851

Post#1491 » by DevinVassell » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:44 pm

Me waking up and logging onto realgm this morning.

and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1492 » by and1GS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:50 pm

WESCO wrote:Also wonder what blazers future plans are for McCollum

I think you gotta keep him and ride it out at this point. He was on a tear pre-injury and they seem pot committed on 'chemistry first.'

In a non COVID season, that backcourt doesn't work on the road and in playoff games with crowd pressure.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#1493 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:34 am

Read on Twitter

I thought this was funny.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#1494 » by azwfan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:58 am

Crazy-Canuck wrote:
Read on Twitter

I thought this was funny.

Hahaha!
Well those two 2nds and 17M in salary cap space / exception.

If thats what it took for Fournier, I gotta imagine the offers for Oubre weren’t exactly fantastic.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1495 » by and1GS » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:33 pm

Looks like KO's stock around the league was equal to..an injured Dinwiddie hitting free agency at year's end.

I'm starting to warm up to Sleepy's thought that Kelly will be rudely awakened by a lack of suitors in FA, and may sign a deal closer to 10 than 20m.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,148

Post#1496 » by TB » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:52 pm

and1GS wrote:Looks like KO's stock around the league was equal to..an injured Dinwiddie hitting free agency at year's end.

I'm starting to warm up to Sleepy's thought that Kelly will be rudely awakened by a lack of suitors in FA, and may sign a deal closer to 10 than 20m.

Yup this is exactly what I was predicting in the 2022 roster thread. I had Oubre slotted into a bench spot simply because I think his contract will be lower than what he's hoping for.

But now I'm starting to think its a no win scenario for the Warriors. Because if his value drops to 10m a year playing in our system, I have no idea why he'd sign with us and stay in that system. In that instance, I bet he'd take a 1 year deal with a team with cap space that has minutes available in a simpler offensive system.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#1497 » by and1GS » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:06 am

TB wrote:
and1GS wrote:Looks like KO's stock around the league was equal to..an injured Dinwiddie hitting free agency at year's end.

Yup this is exactly what I was predicting in the 2022 roster thread. I had Oubre slotted into a bench spot simply because I think his contract will be lower than what he's hoping for.

But now I'm starting to think its a no win scenario for the Warriors. Because if his value drops to 10m a year playing in our system, I have no idea why he'd sign with us and stay in that system. In that instance, I bet he'd take a 1 year deal with a team with cap space that has minutes available in a simpler offensive system.

Right, or a 1+1 at a lower figure.

It will be interesting, either way it goes.

gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1498 » by gobullschi » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:00 pm

Bulls fan here that would love to hear your thoughts on the proposed deal below:

S&T Lauri Markkanen for Kelly Oubre

Do you see Markkanen as a good fit? Do you expect Kelly Oubre to return next season?
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1499 » by kingcong95 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:03 pm

gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan here that would love to hear your thoughts on the proposed deal below:

Do you see Markkanen as a good fit? Do you expect Kelly Oubre to return next season?

We're over the tax apron and cannot accept Lauri via sign and trade.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1500 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:41 pm

gobullschi wrote:Bulls fan here that would love to hear your thoughts on the proposed deal below:

I think Oubre for Lauri would have been a great deadline deal, but yea as noted above, its in the rear view now.

I woulda been estatic if we could have durned Oubre and something into Lauri/Gafford.. Gafford is the exact archetype of C we can use.

Return to Golden State Warriors