ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:27 am

I don't have all the gifs and whatnot but let's keep it moving you Big Titted Animals!
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#2 » by thelead » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:28 am

All eyes on the draft now. Green and Suggs for me so far.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,333

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#3 » by PrimeThyme » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 am

I walked away for a few hours and it honestly all still feels like a dream. I can't wrap my head around the fact that this front office actually went through with it. Everyone is gone, && we're finally undergoing the youth movement we needed 3 years ago.

It hasn't fully set in yet, but I'm ready && feel excited to be a fan of this team again. At least more than I was yesterday.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,515

Post#4 » by shadrock » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:39 am

I feel like i finally have a reason to believe in this team again. I am filled with happiness and hope. The Vucevic and Fournier years have been the worst for me as a 30 year Magic fan, bar none. The acceptance of mediocrity killed my passion for the sport and the team, and im ready to get excited about basketball again. I just hope we move on from Clifford and get a coach that will let or young guys play, and not run Gary Harris and Porter for 40 minutes a game.
KrAzY3
Starter
And1: 2,527

Post#5 » by KrAzY3 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:39 am

I have found it hard to follow the Magic too closely because it was painful to watch such purposeless mediocrity. They finally acted decisively for the first time in a very long time, going back to the early days of the last rebuild (before they started mindlessly hoarding players like Vuc and Gordon with no real plan on how to build around them).
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:42 am

What if it was WeHam's master plan was to build assets for this draft just so they can get Cade + Suggs?..

Cade can easily play SF, and outshine 00AG there.

Both could be transformational. Add that to a 3rd possible lottery pick and 2 seconds to round out that C/PF position, and wow.... Insta-Rebuild.

Possibly the most exciting thing to happen in the Magic Kingdom in the last Decade if they don't eff up the draft.
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#7 » by D12VCMagic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:44 am

shadrock wrote:I feel like i finally have a reason to believe in this team again. I am filled with happiness and hope. The Vucevic and Fournier years have been the worst for me as a 30 year Magic fan, bar none. The acceptance of mediocrity killed my passion for the sport and the team, and im ready to get excited about basketball again. I just hope we move on from Clifford and get a coach that will let or young guys play, and not run Gary Harris and Porter for 40 minutes a game.

I feel the same way. It’s blowing my mind seeing so many fans freak out online as if the Magic can never recover. Recover from what exactly? The Vucevic/Gordon/Fournier trio while not straight up terrible, is nothing to be proud of. They peaked at 42 wins and committing to them all again would have killed any roster flexibility for the future.

I’m just glad we can finally start to put the Hennigan era rebuild firmly in the past. I appreciate those guys and their hard work, and they are genuinely good people I respect but man it feels good to have our options open again.
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,961

Post#8 » by Ducklett » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 am

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:What if was WeHam's master plan was to build assets for this draft just so they can get Cade + Suggs.

Both could be transformational. Add that to a 3rd possible lottery pick and 2 seconds to round out that C/PF position, and wow.... Insta-Rebuild.

Possibly the most exciting thing to happen in the Magic Kingdom in the last Decade if they don't eff up the draft.

KEKW How the F do you see us ending up with Cade and Suggs. Share those drugs brother.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#9 » by jonbob17 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 am

The Athletic had an article on potential buy outs.
1. Otto Porter, Magic — It’s possible Orlando values Porter’s Bird rights because the Magic could be in position to re-sign him as their starting small forward, but if not, Porter would be hugely attractive to a number of contending teams as a smart combo forward who can shoot. He would pretty clearly be the best player on the board if he’s let go after being traded from the Bulls on Thursday.

Khem Birch and James Ennis were also on this list. I am guessing we couldn't find any takers. Jeff Teague was told not to report will be waived.
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:47 am

Ducklett wrote:
sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:What if was WeHam's master plan was to build assets for this draft just so they can get Cade + Suggs.

KEKW How the F do you see us ending up with Cade and Suggs. Share those drugs brother.

It's Alcohol actually...

Thought the thread title gave it away in all candor...
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:48 am

That said do we not have maybe 3 chances here at top 5 picks, especially with the new odds?
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#12 » by EAS Law » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:49 am

I don’t mean to be a downer, but what exactly indicates to anyone that the WeHam “vision” exists beyond a team full of guys with impressive measurables? They traded two guys that literally gave up and requested out, got back an extremely mediocre return, and then traded away a 2x all star in their prime for a very mediocre return.

WeHam has no vision. This is novelty and with novelty comes hope.
Ducklett
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Ducklett » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:49 am

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:That said do we not have maybe 3 chances here at top 5 picks, especially with the new odds?

Huh? The Chicago picks are top 4 protected and the Nuggets pick is in 2025 and top 5 protected.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#14 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 am

well whatever happens next year our SL are all lotto picks

pg - fultz. #1
sg - cade #1
sf - otto?? wasnt he #8?
pf - JI # 6??
c - mo wch #6/#7

lol
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:53 am

Ducklett wrote:
sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:That said do we not have maybe 3 chances here at top 5 picks, especially with the new odds?

Huh? The Chicago picks are top 4 protected and the Nuggets pick is in 2025 and top 5 protected.

Ooof!
I stand corrected...

I thought the Denver pick was 2021 and we could use 2 2nds to move up.

Wait, we still have our pick. + Chi though, correct?

So Magic pick could end up 1-5.

Chi could end up 5-10

2 2nd rounders in 21 from Boston to package with Chi...

Or am I off on that last part as well?

Seems we are in a position of power in the draft, no?
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#16 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:54 am

RookieStar wrote:well whatever happens next year our SL are all lotto picks

pg - fultz. #1
sg - cade #1
sf - otto?? wasnt he #8?
pf - JI # 6??
c - mo wch #6/#7

lol

Otto was #3
Ducklett
Head Coach

Post#17 » by Ducklett » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:06 am

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Ooof!
I stand corrected...

I thought the Denver pick was 2021 and we could use 2 2nds to move up.

Wait, we still have our pick. + Chi though, correct?

So Magic pick could end up 1-5.

Chi could end up 5-10

2 2nd rounders in 21 from Boston to package with Chi...

Or am I off on that last part as well?

Seems we are in a position of power in the draft, no?

So it seems that the Chi pick will be teens. It is statistically impossible for Chi to end up 5-8 based on the other tanking teams.

Unless the trade with BOS has changed it is not a 2021 2nd from them either.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,787

Post#18 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:14 am

Nyce_1 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:well whatever happens next year our SL are all lotto picks

pg - fultz. #1
sg - cade #1
sf - otto?? wasnt he #8?
pf - JI # 6??
c - mo wch #6/#7

lol

Otto was #3

Even better lol
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Post#19 » by OrlandoMagic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:16 am

shadrock wrote:I feel like i finally have a reason to believe in this team again. I am filled with happiness and hope. The Vucevic and Fournier years have been the worst for me as a 30 year Magic fan, bar none. The acceptance of mediocrity killed my passion for the sport and the team, and im ready to get excited about basketball again. I just hope we move on from Clifford and get a coach that will let or young guys play, and not run Gary Harris and Porter for 40 minutes a game.

I have to assume we are near the same age. But this 100% describes me and my sentiments as well. Glad to know I’m not alone.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,132

Post#20 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:16 am

Bask in the glow hahaha

Sent from my Pixel 5 using RealGM mobile app
aka: prorl

Return to Orlando Magic