Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Re: Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#1341 » by Slim Tubby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:56 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:How about us making a run at andre Drummonds.. Guy is a reb machine and good shot blocker. Maybe switch towns to PF?

Every player wants to go to the same 5 or so contending teams. Pretty much no shot he will want to come here, just not how players operate today.

What if those teams don't want him?

He’s rumored to be headed to the Lakers and Aldridge is headed to the Heat, FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Post#1342 » by Slim Tubby » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:58 am

RiRuHoops wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:How about us making a run at andre Drummonds.. Guy is a reb machine and good shot blocker. Maybe switch towns to PF?

:roll: yeah I bet he sleeps in twolves pajamas and daydreams about playing for the worst team in the league :lol:

some fans are just brain dead

I know I’m not supposed to laugh when someone is being cruel but the “Wolves pajamas” comment just busted me up.

Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
RiRuHoops
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,812

Post#1343 » by RiRuHoops » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:28 am

Spoiler:
IceManBK1 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:Every player wants to go to the same 5 or so contending teams. Pretty much no shot he will want to come here, just not how players operate today.

knicks were one of the teams rumored to be interested..but they have mitchell and noel. he's gonna have to split playing time with those guys. alot of talk has drummonds going to Lakers. But we can sell drummonds on a starting role and a max contract if he fits well. Lakers don't have cap space to max him?

Another clueless genius talking about stuff he knows nothing about. Maxing Drummond? how ? you know sweet fk all about CBA.

Make your point without the personal attacks. -Dome
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,957

Post#1344 » by shrink » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:29 am

One last point.

I would give Rosas a little credit earlier in the season for trying to make the team into a vehicle to make a small profit by being the third team grease to lube a deal. Two moves that jump to mind were keeping a roster spot free rather than sign Rondae-Hollis Jefferson, and combining Spellman with Jacob Evans to get Ed Davis. Davis wasn’t acquired to be a player - he was a $5 mil salary matching expiring (and we paid an extra $1 mil to do it). These are the deals on the edges a good GM makes, and cashes out at the deadline for small gains.

This year, Rosas didn’t cash them out. There is no reason we couldn’t have profited from using a roster space, even if that profit was just cash (though I’d prefer a 2nd). There is no reason Ed Davis is still on this team. These are both very Tradeable assets - I have a hard time believing there was no opportunity to use them.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,122

Post#1345 » by GopherIt! » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:30 am

Rosas would be lucky to find someone who wears Wolves Depends.
shrink
RealGM

Post#1346 » by shrink » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:32 am

Wolves PJs? Flannel One-piece, with the old time button-up flap over the behind, right?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1347 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:36 am

shrink wrote:Wolves PJs? Flannel One-piece, with the old time button-up flap over the behind, right?

Those would sell like hotcakes if Butler and Rose were still here winning games.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1348 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 am

Slim Tubby wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:Every player wants to go to the same 5 or so contending teams. Pretty much no shot he will want to come here, just not how players operate today.

He’s rumored to be headed to the Lakers and Aldridge is headed to the Heat, FWIW.

Shouldn't these be more than rumors by now?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#1349 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:49 am

Jedzz wrote:Shouldn't these be more than rumors by now?

No, because NBA transactions don't work that quickly
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1350 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:39 am

Klomp wrote:

I heard they had to be in the phone Queue at NBA office by a certain time, maybe 4pm?

It's not like all that many trades occured. 5,5 hours? The leaks from the NBA office happen faster than this. Maybe more like preferential treatment of a couple playoff teams taking their time and being allowed to? idk seems odd not to hear until midnight unless it was crazy trades like last years deadline moves. Has there really been that many?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,569

Post#1351 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I heard they had to be in the phone Queue at NBA office by a certain time, maybe 4pm?

It's not like all that many trades occured. 5,5 hours? The leaks from the NBA office happen faster than this. Maybe more like preferential treatment of a couple playoff teams taking their time and being allowed to? idk seems odd not to hear until midnight unless it was crazy trades like last years deadline moves. Has there really been that many?

16 trades today.

And you were replying to someone talking about guys likely on the buyout market, not trade guys. Those don't get processed until minimum 24 hours after the initial buyouts, which haven't happened yet.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1352 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:49 am

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:No, because NBA transactions don't work that quickly

16 trades today.

And you were replying to someone talking about guys likely on the buyout market, not trade guys. Those don't get processed until minimum 24 hours after the initial buyouts, which haven't happened yet.

Oh good call then. I didn't even think about them as buyouts. I failed at GM today. past tense
shrink
RealGM

Post#1353 » by shrink » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:42 am

Do you think we’ll buy out anyone? Ed Davis maybe?
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#1354 » by ChiefKeith91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:23 am

Depending on how DLo or Beasley looks the rest of this season id be interested to see if we could get Sabonis from Indy. He’s set to make 18 mil for the next 3. Maybe Beasley and some picks

Sabonis avg 20, 11 and 6 and would def fill that PF need. The most impressive thing is his 6 assist, he would have good shooters around him in KAT, DLo or Beasley and Nowell
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,674

Post#1355 » by Domejandro » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:25 am

People have already been warned to tone done the personal attacks multiple times. Suspensions are being given out to users that continue this behaviour. Make your points without calling people stupid, act like adults.

Mod-text aside, this is probably the most lenient forum on the entire board. None of us want to crack down, but people need to mellow out and be civil. There is mostly good conversation going on, but instances of name-calling turns threads into dumpster fires.
Macwolf527
Junior
And1: 217

Post#1356 » by Macwolf527 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:56 pm

I'm not troubled by the lack of movement because as I mentioned before, we still don't know anything about the identity of this team. I put a lot of our losses on the youth of this team. I watched a rerun of the 3rd quarter stretch in the 2nd Portland game and the game against Dallas. The collapse was the same for both games and pretty hard to watch, because the team was competing in both games up to that point.

PF is an obvious need on this team, but at what costs. I'm hesitant to move young pieces like McDaniels and Reid, but Culver, or Okogiie will not get it done. With the post season already determined, I think these type of moves are better reserved for the off-season. Take the next 28 games at close to full strength under Finch to determine your identity, then make your moves. You'll know if you have a 1st round pick by that time, and having it, could open up doors to move somebody that you would not consider otherwise. The last thing this team needs is to bring in someone new and mess with the already fragile psyche of that locker room.
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#1357 » by Baseline81 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:29 pm

From today's Star Tribune article:
The Wolves, a source confirmed, could have made deals for veterans Ricky Rubio and Ed Davis, but Rosas opted not to make any moves because the potential return wasn't worth the shake up of the roster. Rubio has been instrumental in the development of rookie Anthony Edwards and one of the reasons the Wolves acquired Rubio was to help mentor Edwards.

How is dealing Ed Davis "shaking up" the roster? Davis played 5 and 3 minutes the last two games.
TheZachAttack
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,087

Post#1358 » by TheZachAttack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Klomp wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:
Klomp wrote:What does it change? In the next two years, we are losing one pick. Why does it really matter if it's this year or next year?

Why? Come on Klomp

A top-3 pick this season would change everything. Would give us another HUGE asset to improve the roster by trade or by drafting the best guy available.

And by improving the team for next season you are increasing the chances of giving Golden State a worse pick (range) in 2022.

Losing the pick this year also frees up the 2022 pick to use in a trade as early as this summer. If we keep, earliest we can trade in another deal is 2023.

Personally, I'm not a strong believer in the current class outside of the top few guys. So if we keep our pick, fine, we'll get a Cunningham/Suggs/Mobley. If not, I'm not too worried about losing a pick 4-14 this year. Yeah it sucks kinda but it'd be par for the course as a Wolves fan.

Green is legit as well. Some would argue Kuminga, but I don't see it. Functionally there is no difference between 5 and 15 or so in this draft--some would argue 6. That's what the Chad Ford's and John Hollinger's of the world are saying about it anyways based on their sources and talking to NBA GMs as well as their own knowledge.

I'm not too concerned with losing the pick as long as it's 5 or lower--which is why I hope we can get to the 3rd worst seed to set the Warriors up for a better chance of getting 5-6-7.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,167

Post#1359 » by Neeva » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:02 pm

It’s a 4 man draft, bulls gm agrees. I think Suggs helps the most right away but longterm whoever passes on Jalen Green will regret it.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1360 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:45 pm

Baseline81 wrote:From today's Star Tribune article:
The Wolves, a source confirmed, could have made deals for veterans Ricky Rubio and Ed Davis, but Rosas opted not to make any moves because the potential return wasn't worth the shake up of the roster. Rubio has been instrumental in the development of rookie Anthony Edwards and one of the reasons the Wolves acquired Rubio was to help mentor Edwards.

How is dealing Ed Davis "shaking up" the roster? Davis played 5 and 3 minutes the last two games.

Or even Rubio.
Rubio is already playing off ball when Edwards is out there. With the return of Dlo things are going to get worse for him.

Look at usage of Edwards and especially Dlo. Is crazy high. And we all know that Rubio playing off the ball doesn't make any sense.

I don't get it. The return was to balance the roster and try to increase the value of some guys (Culver, Nowell). I guess we are going to see a 12-man rotation in Rosas mind now.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves