Post#41 » by 76thBearCub » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:47 pm

We need a big defensive minded combo forward to put in certain lineups imo
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Re: Welcome George Hill 

Post#42 » by Aussiepiston1 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:48 pm

76thBearCub wrote:
Aussiepiston1 wrote:If he just plays up to his career stats average he will be exactly what we need.
Simmons can play the 5 when Howard is unplayable while you have 4 shooters in Hill, Milton, Korkmaz and Scott

Blew a few chunks in my mouth but that shouldn't have to happen to often.

Haha obviously not in the playoffs
The rotation will be shortened but what I meant was that Hill can play the point better than Curry, Milton and obviously Maxey so now Simmons can play back up 4 or 5 more often when teams play small ball.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,713

Post#43 » by 76thBearCub » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Aussiepiston1 wrote:Haha obviously not in the playoffs
The rotation will be shortened but what I meant was that Hill can play the point better than Curry, Milton and obviously Maxey so now Simmons can play back up 4 or 5 more often when teams play small ball.

I agree, maybe he can give a little more structure to the second unit. I'm just more interested in how much he can help Embiid. I think it will be a pretty good amount.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#44 » by mithrandir17 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:39 am

So, when will Hill be able suit up in a game for us? Is the clipper game too soon?
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#45 » by agiaco » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Kobblehead wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:George Hill walks in the door ready to help us win a playoff game more than Shake. Reed is 100 unproven.

That's what the Bucks thought and George Hill was trash for them.

He was very good in the playoffs 2 years ago and had other things on his mind during the bubble last year.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,481

Post#46 » by elchengue20 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:47 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Hill
Green
Harris
Simmons
Embiid

When the playoffs begins

Bench:
Milton
Curry
Thybulle
Howard

Mixed in when need be, Olynyk and or Dedmon in the buyout market would be fine acquisitions. It’s no championship roster but you can run out very solid/versatile units.

If Hill is 100% healthy for the Playoffs and still has something left in the tank, that looks pretty good to me.

Defenetively a much better rotation than last season and a much better overall fit between our players.

If we could add a good SF/PF(Otto Porter) or stretch C(Ollynk, Dieng) in the buyout market it would be huge for us.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#47 » by sixers4real » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:50 pm

LloydFree wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Might have been an overpay by 1 2nd, but that was because Poirier and Ferguson weren't allowed to be traded back to OKC this year so they had to be rerouted to the Knicks. Either way that extra 2nd will be like the 59th pick in the draft.

Hill will be very helpful. Wouldn't shock me if he started some games.

People think it's an overpay, because they're caught up in Tony Bradley looking competent the last 5 games.

A month ago, everybody on the trade the board was convinced the 76ers would have to trade at least two 2nds minimum, just to dump the salaries of Bradley, Porier and Ferguson without getting ANYTHING in return.

That is not true. Why would we want to dump expirings?
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#48 » by LloydFree » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:55 pm

sixers4real wrote:
LloydFree wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:Might have been an overpay by 1 2nd, but that was because Poirier and Ferguson weren't allowed to be traded back to OKC this year so they had to be rerouted to the Knicks. Either way that extra 2nd will be like the 59th pick in the draft.

Hill will be very helpful. Wouldn't shock me if he started some games.

People think it's an overpay, because they're caught up in Tony Bradley looking competent the last 5 games.

A month ago, everybody on the trade the board was convinced the 76ers would have to trade at least two 2nds minimum, just to dump the salaries of Bradley, Porier and Ferguson without getting ANYTHING in return.

... Because the 76ers are in the tax and those "expirings" count against the tax. To remove 10.5 million dollars worth of salary without taking any money back, takes minimum two 2nds.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#49 » by sixers4real » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:59 pm

LloydFree wrote:
sixers4real wrote:
LloydFree wrote:People think it's an overpay, because they're caught up in Tony Bradley looking competent the last 5 games.

... Because the 76ers are in the tax and those "expirings" count against the tax. To remove 10.5 million dollars worth of salary without taking any money back, takes minimum two 2nds.

That's rarely what championship caliber team fans worry about
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#50 » by LloydFree » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 pm

agiaco wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
76thBearCub wrote:George Hill walks in the door ready to help us win a playoff game more than Shake. Reed is 100 unproven.

That's what the Bucks thought and George Hill was trash for them.

He was very good in the playoffs 2 years ago and had other things on his mind during the bubble last year.

Exactly. Outside of Lebron James and apparently Jimmy Butler, the bubble was hell on vets last year. Rookies and young players, with no family, were the players that thrived. Vets were trying to get out of there.

If he's trash with us, it's because age has caught him. His bubble performance means little to nothing.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#51 » by youngcrev » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:46 pm

Kinda funny that we ended up with him. While the Horford trade was in limbo, everyone was hoping we could sneak him into that deal instead of Ferguson and Poirier. Now it ends up happening (involving both of those other guys) a few months later.

Anyway, not the big splash I was hoping for that would push our championship odds, but he certainly helps. Steady hand for late in games when Shake trips over the ball while dribbling and Ben can't touch it due to the foul shooting. Really good spot up shooter. I think Mike Levin called him the combo guard version of Danny, which feels about right.

So... Solid addition that will help at the margins.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#52 » by Negrodamus » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:07 pm

Hill for a couple of years will really pay off. Based on what I've read, he feels like a great locker room leader and has a track record of playing for successful teams (although no championships). The fact that we don't have to rely on Shake as the PG for the second unit is going to be a relief. I'd obviously like a better creator than him since we are struggling in that department, but he has been quite good this year with exceptional percentages. I think he'll keep those percentages up with the return of Embiid and the team at large being healthy.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#53 » by Murray_17 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:09 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I would have rather landed creator instead. Lou Williams was available and we went after George Hill?

This X100000!!!

Notable "creator" Lou Williams
tgo2223
Rookie
And1: 5

Post#54 » by tgo2223 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:51 pm

Murray_17 wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:I would have rather landed creator instead. Lou Williams was available and we went after George Hill?

This X100000!!!

Notable "creator" Lou Williams

I don’t think Lou helps this team much against a team like Brooklyn.

Hill
Green
Ben
Tobi
Biid

At least gives us a lineup with no holes on either end of the court. It’s a lineup that can make Brooklyn work for their shots and not be able to double and triple Biid without consequences.
Be the GM 5.0

Jennings, Hinrich
Derozen, Hirich
Ariza, Derozen
B. Wright, Monroe
Monroe, Mahinmi
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#55 » by Murray_17 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:53 pm

My commentary was ironic, you have to stretch a lot the word creator to put Lou there
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,042

Post#56 » by Sixerscan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:07 pm

Lou’s stuff just doesn’t work in the playoffs unfortunately. He was effective in that one golden state series where the warriors were sleepwalking and otherwise it’s been bad for a decade at this point.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#57 » by LloydFree » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:36 pm

Sixerscan wrote:Lou’s stuff just doesn’t work in the playoffs unfortunately. He was effective in that one golden state series where the warriors were sleepwalking and otherwise it’s been bad for a decade at this point.

Lou Williams is more useless than JJ Reddick in the playoffs.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#58 » by stormi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Lou Will is absolutely garbage.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#59 » by youngcrev » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Negrodamus wrote:Hill for a couple of years will really pay off. Based on what I've read, he feels like a great locker room leader and has a track record of playing for successful teams (although no championships). The fact that we don't have to rely on Shake as the PG for the second unit is going to be a relief. I'd obviously like a better creator than him since we are struggling in that department, but he has been quite good this year with exceptional percentages. I think he'll keep those percentages up with the return of Embiid and the team at large being healthy.

I feel like him and Shake collectively give you what you need off the bench in terms of shooting/creation. Shake gives you the PnR option, while Hill can handle and run a team better. If Shake can regain his shooting touch you've got 2 really good spot up guys to put on the floor with the big money guys as well.
Murray_17
RealGM

Post#60 » by Murray_17 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:27 pm

I'm interest now to see if Doc uses the small line up more foten

Ben
Tobi
Hill
Seth/Shake
Danny

Return to Philadelphia 76ers