ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1661 » by Coxy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:35 am

Jeff Teague got waived. Could be a good vet for the rest of this season?
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#1662 » by cdubbz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:23 pm

Coxy wrote:Jeff Teague got waived. Could be a good vet for the rest of this season?

Yeah sure. More solid vets the better for young guys, BUT it's really difficult to tell which way the Warriors are going. Play the young guys or veterans?! If Teague won't be here next season I don't see the point.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1663 » by and1GS » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:23 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Coxy wrote:Jeff Teague got waived. Could be a good vet for the rest of this season?

Yeah sure. More solid vets the better for young guys, BUT it's really difficult to tell which way the Warriors are going. Play the young guys or veterans?! If Teague won't be here next season I don't see the point.
Yeh I think this sums up my thoughts. Adding a buyout guy would be cool if they become part of the long term plan AND don't take time away from the young guys. Which leaves us with....no options.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#1664 » by Old_Blue » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:22 pm

How many guys can we add? Who's still on a two way contract...Mannion and JTA?
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#1665 » by donkeylips » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:25 pm

2 roster spots
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
TinoDubs
Junior
And1: 45

Post#1666 » by TinoDubs » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:27 pm

Aldridge will join the Nets.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#1667 » by wco81 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:31 pm

Interesting, how many minutes is he getting or is he just going to be cheering from the bench along with Blake once KD comes back?

Or maybe KD isn't coming back?

If Harden is saying he's the MVP, maybe he knows something about KD's health.

Poor KD, overshadowed by Curry on the Warriors and now he may be overshadowed by Kyrie and Harden on the Nets.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,407

Post#1668 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:38 pm

TinoDubs wrote:Aldridge will join the Nets.

Amazing how easy it is to get the vets when you are the favorite :) That was sweet when Warriors were in that spot.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#1669 » by killmongrel » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:43 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

Amazing how easy it is to get the vets when you are the favorite :) That was sweet when Warriors were in that spot.
It didn't seem easy to get the vets though.

Aside from an injured Boogie, who did we really get?

Zaza wasn't a top center. McGee came in at training camp. West joined from retirement. Jerebko as middling player. We had to pay the MLE for Young. Casspi was another middling player. So even during our dynasty, it was still difficult to get top vets.
TinoDubs
Junior

Post#1670 » by TinoDubs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:25 am

ILOVEIT wrote:

As for buyout players, we didn't get ****. Oh, we got Matt Barnes one year.
TinoDubs
Junior

Post#1671 » by TinoDubs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:28 am

killmongrel wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:

It didn't seem easy to get the vets though.

Aside from an injured Boogie, who did we really get?

Zaza wasn't a top center. McGee came in at training camp. West joined from retirement. Jerebko as middling player. We had to pay the MLE for Young. Casspi was another middling player. So even during our dynasty, it was still difficult to get top vets.

And people (the local media), oh, players love to come here and play with Curry and Klay bla bla bla
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1672 » by Mylie10 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:21 am

Ibaka said he was coming if Klay didn’t get hurt
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1673 » by cdubbz » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:08 pm

Anything but Lakers vs Nets with everyone healthy would be a crime.

I'd be a happy Warrior fan if we can stay in playoffs and have a competitive first round.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#1674 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:53 am

wco81 wrote:Interesting, how many minutes is he getting or is he just going to be cheering from the bench along with Blake once KD comes back?

Or maybe KD isn't coming back?

If Harden is saying he's the MVP, maybe he knows something about KD's health.

Poor KD, overshadowed by Curry on the Warriors and now he may be overshadowed by Kyrie and Harden on the Nets.

I'm not much into the legacy narratives but he really should have gone to the knicks and taken the Manhattan challenge.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#1675 » by Coxy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:35 am

Mylie10 wrote:Ibaka said he was coming if Klay didn’t get hurt

Wow, how different our season could have been.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#1676 » by tarantism » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:54 am

Gordon looks like a great fit for Denver.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#1677 » by Old_Blue » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:10 am

tarantism wrote:Gordon looks like a great fit for Denver.

Denver has a great starting five. They're young and talented. They're going to be around for a while too. Jokic (26), Gordon (25), Murray (24), Porter (22)...This team could dominate for the next 5 years. There were trade deadline rumors they were interested in Lonzo. If they somehow get their hands on him this offseason, they've got the best starting five in the NBA. Period.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1678 » by kingcong95 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:39 am

Old_Blue wrote:
tarantism wrote:Gordon looks like a great fit for Denver.

Denver has a great starting five. They're young and talented. They're going to be around for a while too. Jokic (26), Gordon (25), Murray (24), Porter (22)...This team could dominate for the next 5 years. There were trade deadline rumors they were interested in Lonzo. If they somehow get their hands on him this offseason, they've got the best starting five in the NBA. Period.

I find it hard to see that happening. Nuggets will have to sign and trade for Lonzo, which would put them very close to the hard cap. Salary matching will be a big challenge due to the rule once known as base year compensation. Lonzo counts as 20M or whatever his starting salary is as Nuggets incoming salary, but only 11M as outgoing salary for the Pelicans. Would Barton and Cancar satisfy both ends? It will be a very close call.

Even if the Nuggets and Pelicans get past this step, the deal would hit another roadblock over the fact that the Nuggets don't have any more 1st round picks left to trade, unless they do a separate deal during the draft where the Pelicans acquire the Nuggets' first rounder this year for only second rounders.

There are too many moving parts to manage for the Nuggets to acquire Lonzo Ball this offseason.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#1679 » by wco81 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:49 pm

Nuggets still depend on Murray going off.

But he's inconsistent, because he takes difficult shots a lot of the times. Yeah he may have practiced them a lot but these jump stop shots going away from the basket from 3 point range will always be low-percentage.

He was hot in the bubble, after being nowhere in the first few games vs. Utah. He was hot against the Lakers but at end of game, he couldn't keep making those shots. Or a couple of times he went to the basket and got brutalized, with no calls.

They may still do it when Jokic and Murray are around 30 but this season? Not likely.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1680 » by cdubbz » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:49 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:

We never hit home runs. Always went safe with David west. Cousins was huge but that’s it

Return to Golden State Warriors