ImageImageImageImageImage

Is RJ Barrett a beast?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Is RJ Barrett a bust?

Yes
34%
No
66%

Total votes: 347

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Re: Is RJ Barrett a bust? 

Post#941 » by moocow007 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:08 pm

knicks94 wrote:How does 29% of fans believe that RJ is a bust? No wonder players rarely want to play for the Knicks.

Pretty much. And guys that actually do want to play here we accuse them of being the anti Christ if they can't pull miracles out their butt and lead the team to anything by themselves.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,754

Post#942 » by YouthMovement » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:31 pm

BugginOut wrote:Jesus what happened to Ja this season. It looked like he was about to tear up the league in the first 2 games. Now he is playing terribly. His poor shooting is really a negative.

he'll be fine. still has his team over .500 in the west with practically no help
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,631

Post#943 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:52 pm

YouthMovement wrote:
BugginOut wrote:Jesus what happened to Ja this season. It looked like he was about to tear up the league in the first 2 games. Now he is playing terribly. His poor shooting is really a negative.

he'll be fine. still has his team over .500 in the west with practically no help

No help? They played .500 without him.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#944 » by Jimmit79 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 pm

NowWHYcee7 wrote:
Jimmit79 wrote:I only called RJ bust because I believed that will motivate him to get where he is now sometimes fans have to be the stick instead of carrot.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

How bout you just admit you were wrong instead of making these dumb ass excuses? Nobody knows who you are let alone RJ Barrett.
Nah it's better to be harsh it means we care for him to get better blindly pampering wouldn't have pulled him to where he is today.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
YouthMovement
General Manager

Post#945 » by YouthMovement » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
YouthMovement wrote:

small sample size. either way, other than valenciunas his best teammate is dillon brooks.
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#946 » by Dave DaButcher » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#947 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:16 pm

moocow007 wrote:
knicks94 wrote:How does 29% of fans believe that RJ is a bust? No wonder players rarely want to play for the Knicks.

Pretty much. And guys that actually do want to play here we accuse them of being the anti Christian if they can't pull miracles out their butt and lead the team to anything by themselves.

So Phil Jackson was right?

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,911

Post#948 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:25 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That's that shyt right there. I LOVE this kid.
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,442

Post#949 » by NYKnickerbocker » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:28 pm

YouthMovement wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:
YouthMovement wrote:

small sample size. either way, other than valenciunas his best teammate is dillon brooks.
kyle Anderson, bane and Brandon Clarke have all been pretty good for them as well. Grizzlies roster is solid. A lot more solid than ours
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#950 » by moocow007 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:16 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Pretty much. And guys that actually do want to play here we accuse them of being the anti Christian if they can't pull miracles out their butt and lead the team to anything by themselves.

So Phil Jackson was right?

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk

In that part of his recent comment about Knick fans? Yeah. It's true. Though obviously I think Phil used it to try to implicitly defend himself rather than guys like Carmelo (who was who I was referring to lol).
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,856

Post#951 » by KnicksGod » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:36 pm

I think it should / must stay open but this thread has become comedy.
YouthMovement
General Manager

Post#952 » by YouthMovement » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:35 pm

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
YouthMovement wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

kyle Anderson, bane and Brandon Clarke have all been pretty good for them as well. Grizzlies roster is solid. A lot more solid than ours

both are not great rosters and that’s why i’m impressed by the records
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,592

Post#953 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:37 am

A bunch of horrible takes on here from impatient Knick fans. We shouldn't let this thread die down because it's ridiculous how some posters didn't believe in RJ.

RJ has the work ethic and the right mindset to improve and it was well documented that he was a hardworker. All fans could see was his shortcomings. I dunno about Obi though but he seems to be a hard worker as well so we should give him til his 2nd season.
NewKnicks
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#954 » by NewKnicks » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:09 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
ctorres wrote:Last 11 games:

21.1 ppg
52.1% fg's (15.4 fga/g)
41.7% 3pt fg's (3.3 3pa/g)
73.2% ft's (5.1 fta/g)
5.8 rpg
3.2 apg
0.6 spg
0.4 bpg

Far from a bust at this point. Even if you think the last 11 games is a small sample, he has averaged 18/6/3 on 49/43/75 shooting over the last 33 games.

Those are legit #2 numbers and Randle is putting up legit #1 numbers. Mix in Mitch non box score dominance with random decent group guard play and you get our record.

Imagine with even a semi legitimate backcourt? Could be knocking on 50 win level

Let’s hope they realize the obvious and pour all the resources into the backcourt. Assuming IQ is in their plans, all the picks / cap space is more than enough to build a good if not great backcourt rotation

Legit #1 and legit #2 numbers does not mean they are legit #1's and legit #2's on a championship team. I'm starting to really like RJ, though. He's going to be a really good player in the league for a long time. And Randle is Randle, a very good player.

We need two more dominant NBA players to get this roster near the top on the East. I think both RJ and Randle would be legit #3's on a championship roster, and we happen to have two of them which is incredible. We need a 'superstar', and another player at the level of Randle/RJ to get there. I don't know how we do it, but I hope the front office has a plan to get there.

Looks like getting into the top 5 this year really is a pipedream, unless we drop to maybe the 10th slot, and then we'd have the ability to get into the top 5 by trading one of Randle or RJ to get there.

I'd trade Randle over RJ (believe it or not).

So,

10th pick in the draft, plus another 1, plus Randle might get us into the top 5 (or even top 3??) I know it's a pipedream, but I'm still holding out hope. This draft has 5 players that could come in and change the trajectory of any franchise.

This coming draft will be the last one that we'll have a chance at landing a franchise player through the draft. If we don't get there this year, it's over. Our team is too good moving forward to land us a high lottery pick in the coming years. Plus, I don't care about it unless we can get it done THIS YEAR AND THIS DRAFT. So, the only chance of landing any 'stars' moving forward will be a trade (which we'll need to give up RJ or Randle), or free agency, which never works for the Knicks.

I know my post sounds pessimistic, but it's not meant to be. This is the first time I'm excited about the franchise in a long time. Thibs was an amazing hire, and is getting the most out of all them (except Mr. Bust Obi).

We're two big moves away from putting ourselves in the conversation in the East.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#955 » by dakomish23 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:54 pm

NewKnicks wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
ctorres wrote:Last 11 games:

21.1 ppg
52.1% fg's (15.4 fga/g)
41.7% 3pt fg's (3.3 3pa/g)
73.2% ft's (5.1 fta/g)
5.8 rpg
3.2 apg
0.6 spg
0.4 bpg

Far from a bust at this point. Even if you think the last 11 games is a small sample, he has averaged 18/6/3 on 49/43/75 shooting over the last 33 games.

Those are legit #2 numbers and Randle is putting up legit #1 numbers. Mix in Mitch non box score dominance with random decent group guard play and you get our record.

Imagine with even a semi legitimate backcourt? Could be knocking on 50 win level

Let’s hope they realize the obvious and pour all the resources into the backcourt. Assuming IQ is in their plans, all the picks / cap space is more than enough to build a good if not great backcourt rotation

Legit #1 and legit #2 numbers does not mean they are legit #1's and legit #2's on a championship team. I'm starting to really like RJ, though. He's going to be a really good player in the league for a long time. And Randle is Randle, a very good player.

We need two more dominant NBA players to get this roster near the top on the East. I think both RJ and Randle would be legit #3's on a championship roster, and we happen to have two of them which is incredible. We need a 'superstar', and another player at the level of Randle/RJ to get there. I don't know how we do it, but I hope the front office has a plan to get there.

Looks like getting into the top 5 this year really is a pipedream, unless we drop to maybe the 10th slot, and then we'd have the ability to get into the top 5 by trading one of Randle or RJ to get there.

So,

10th pick in the draft, plus another 1, plus Randle might get us into the top 5 (or even top 3??) I know it's a pipedream, but I'm still holding out hope. This draft has 5 players that could come in and change the trajectory of any franchise.

This coming draft will be the last one that we'll have a chance at landing a franchise player through the draft. If we don't get there this year, it's over. Our team is too good moving forward to land us a high lottery pick in the coming years. Plus, I don't care about it unless we can get it done THIS YEAR AND THIS DRAFT. So, the only chance of landing any 'stars' moving forward will be a trade (which we'll need to give up RJ or Randle), or free agency, which never works for the Knicks.

I know my post sounds pessimistic, but it's not meant to be. This is the first time I'm excited about the franchise in a long time. Thibs was an amazing hire, and is getting the most out of all them (except Mr. Bust Obi).

We're two big moves away from putting ourselves in the conversation in the East.

Just citing the numbers with no context (IE playoff team, contender)

I think RJB will continue to ascend and become the #1. He’s 20. Wait till he’s 25
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
jas65
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#956 » by jas65 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:31 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
NewKnicks wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

So,

Just citing the numbers with no context (IE playoff team, contender)

I think RJB will continue to ascend and become the #1. He’s 20. Wait till he’s 25

Like others have said, he's got the alpha male mentality. He may not have pizzazz, but he's got the iron will.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#957 » by Meat » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:43 am

Is rj an all star next year?
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,812

Post#958 » by knicks94 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:41 am

RJ is the only bust in the league that can carry a team on his back.
KnixtapeH20
General Manager
And1: 14,472

Post#959 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:50 am

Am I the only one who sees Paul Pierce when you watch RJ play?

As much as I cant stand Pierce I cant help but see all the similarities.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#960 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:10 pm

NBA RJ starting to look more like Duke RJ

Return to New York Knicks