ImageImageImage

Which players have more trade value this summer?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Re: Which players have more trade value this summer? 

Post#21 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Baseline81 wrote:For me, I am not questioning his stats but rather his style of play. Russell seemed to predetermine his shot in a possession regardless of his teammates. And then of course, his defense or lack thereof.

His stats are brutal too... There's no other way to look at.
For example...

Let's talk about some reality. FACTS, NUMBERS. Not basic and raw shooting numbers.

How is possible that D'Angelo Russell in his 6th year in the league doesnt have one single season without a positive net rating Per 100 Poss. The closest he was to have a positive impact on the floor was in Brooklyn, the "all-star season" and guess what? He still was negative. And before some of you talk about how bad his teamates were/are and to give some prespective Ricky Rubio in his first 6 seasons in the NBA with this franchise and with horrible rosters (oh boy, we know that) he managed to be a net positive in three of those seasons, and the other three the difference was minimum. KAT was a net positive in all-seasons since he arrived in the league.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#22 » by ChiefKeith91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Baseline81 wrote:For me, I am not questioning his stats but rather his style of play. Russell seemed to predetermine his shot in a possession regardless of his teammates. And then of course, his defense or lack thereof.

Everybody wants to mention DLo and Beasley defense like they’re the only 2 out of 15 that aren’t All Defensive team . Okogie and McDaniels are the only people I expect great defensive form on this team.

You’re being unrealistic if you think these 2 playing above average defense is what’s holding this team back from being contenders. Only about 15 people in the entire league get effort on the defensive end all year round.

-Do you see the Warriors complaining about Curry defense who consistently is targeted in playoff games?

-Is Harden defense the reason why the Rockets never got over the hump?

-Does Dame, CJ, Booker, Luka lack of defensive efforts keep them from winning?

These days Players are asked to focus on their strengths only and not worry too much about their weaknesses. If they did Curry would’ve came turned into Gary Payton after the 2016 Finals when everyone targeted him in PNR.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#23 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:12 pm

ChiefKeith91 wrote:

Everybody wants to mention DLo and Beasley defense like they’re the only 2 out of 15 that aren’t All Defensive team . Okogie and McDaniels are the only people I expect great defensive form on this team.

You’re being unrealistic if you think these 2 playing above average defense is what’s holding this team back from being contenders. Only about 15 people in the entire league get effort on the defensive end all year round.

-Do you see the Warriors complaining about Curry defense who consistently is targeted in playoff games?

These days Players are asked to focus on their strengths only and not worry too much about their weaknesses. If they did Curry would’ve came turned into Gary Payton after the 2016 Finals when everyone targeted him in PNR.

I agree. Your stars doesnt beed to be top 1 defense ever. Just play an honest D, dont get lost and hands up everytime the other team shoots, dont jump at pump fakes.
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,412

Post#24 » by shrink » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:41 pm

ChiefKeith91 wrote:Everybody wants to mention DLo and Beasley defense like they’re the only 2 out of 15 that aren’t All Defensive team .

All Defensive Team? I’ve talked about DLo before, but Beasley has the sixth worst DBPM in the nba season.

And we should be talking about Anthony Edwards with the third worst as well.

Talking about both sides of the court is necessary for a realistic evaluation of players, not “other guys aren’t All Defense either.” I would be happy with “mediocre” from any of these three.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,824

Post#25 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:42 pm

m2002brian wrote:Passing ability?

Like how when he’s playing defense his guy always gets passed him?

No. Stop being dense, you know exactly what I'm talking about.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
m2002brian
Veteran
And1: 1,104

Post#26 » by m2002brian » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:46 pm

Klomp wrote:

No. Stop being dense, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Oh come on.

It’s a joke my man. Lighten up (the opposite of dense).
BLUEGREENRED
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#27 » by theGreatRC » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:06 pm

No, but seriously....DLO is a GREAT passer. He's a pick & roll player..problem is, we have horrible pick setters & KAT never really rolls to the basket, but maybe Finch will change that?
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#28 » by ChiefKeith91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:17 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:
ChiefKeith91 wrote:

I agree. Your stars doesnt beed to be top 1 defense ever. Just play an honest D, dont get lost and hands up everytime the other team shoots, dont jump at pump fakes.

That sound just like Ant lol. I will say that DLo gets a good amount of deflections while playing defense. The only way to get the team to buy into that disciplined defensive mindset is having someone lead by example or a no nonsense coach to implement it. Example- that play vs OKC when Ant was ball watching and lost his man, a ruthless coach would’ve called a TO and subbed him out. Players see that and take notice

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#29 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:57 pm

Are you saying he can't assist? You also might want to peak at the rest of those numbers.

52 pts on 51% FG, 53% 3FG on 37 shots with 13 assists, 9 rebounds (WAR) (No Towns)
44 pts on 50% FG, 60% 3FG on 34 shots with 14 assists, 10 rebounds (BRK) Triple dble (No Towns)
40 pts on 54% FG, 54% 3FG on 26 shots with 11 assists, 8 rebounds (LAK) (No Towns)
39 pts on 61% FG, 67% 3FG on 23 shots with 8 assists, 10 rebounds (LAK) (No Towns)
33 pts on 50% FG, 54% 3FG on 24 shots with 11 assists, 13 rebounds (BRK) Triple dble (No Towns)
33 pts on 50% FG, 46% 3FG on 22 shots with 11 assists, 5 rebounds (MIN) (No Towns)
29 pts on 48% FG, 50% 3FG on 23 shots with 13 assists, 9 rebounds (MIN) (No Towns)

Every one of these games are losses for his team. His fault? I suppose his defense caused the losses. Right?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#30 » by Jedzz » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:35 pm

shrink wrote:
ChiefKeith91 wrote:Everybody wants to mention DLo and Beasley defense like they’re the only 2 out of 15 that aren’t All Defensive team .

All Defensive Team? I’ve talked about DLo before, but Beasley has the sixth worst DBPM in the nba season.

And we should be talking about Anthony Edwards with the third worst as well.

Talking about both sides of the court is necessary for a realistic evaluation of players, not “other guys aren’t All Defense either.” I would be happy with “mediocre” from any of these three.

The last stretch of consecutive games which included full team defensive play was when Roco and Saric first came over. It's been that long as far as I know. I could be overlooking a game since then, but not a stretch of games.

Most of the time they all look like ants standing in the middle of a tennis court looking up at passes, shots, rebounds going one way or the other and swaying with the ball. All of them at once like a bunch of cats sniffing a catnip ball and mesmerized by it.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#31 » by Jedzz » Sat Apr 3, 2021 5:27 pm

Jedzz wrote:

Are you saying he can't assist? You also might want to peak at the rest of those numbers.

52 pts on 51% FG, 53% 3FG on 37 shots with 13 assists, 9 rebounds (WAR) (No Towns)
44 pts on 50% FG, 60% 3FG on 34 shots with 14 assists, 10 rebounds (BRK) Triple dble (No Towns)
40 pts on 54% FG, 54% 3FG on 26 shots with 11 assists, 8 rebounds (LAK) (No Towns)
39 pts on 61% FG, 67% 3FG on 23 shots with 8 assists, 10 rebounds (LAK) (No Towns)
33 pts on 50% FG, 54% 3FG on 24 shots with 11 assists, 13 rebounds (BRK) Triple dble (No Towns)
33 pts on 50% FG, 46% 3FG on 22 shots with 11 assists, 5 rebounds (MIN) (No Towns)
29 pts on 48% FG, 50% 3FG on 23 shots with 13 assists, 9 rebounds (MIN) (No Towns)

Every one of these games are losses for his team. His fault? I suppose his defense caused the losses. Right?

I see no comeback came on this one. This is why Dlo will still have value long after the hapless Timberwolves make no use of him as it appears they won't. Just like Rubio plays more effectively with a better club. They have their unique abilities that can be used. They just need to be on a decently built team so their best abilities aren't subverted or wasted. Other teams that play better team defense would be a great spot for Dlo. A team that doesn't exist on park court offense for two will be a great spot for Rubio. Not sure what value the Timberwolves will get for them while destroying their values all season.
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#32 » by m2002brian » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:22 am

Jedzz wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

I see no comeback came on this one. This is why Dlo will still have value long after the hapless Timberwolves make no use of him as it appears they won't. Just like Rubio plays more effectively with a better club. They have their unique abilities that can be used. They just need to be on a decently built team so their best abilities aren't subverted or wasted. Other teams that play better team defense would be a great spot for Dlo. A team that doesn't exist on park court offense for two will be a great spot for Rubio. Not sure what value the Timberwolves will get for them while destroying their values all season.

I didn’t realize a come back was necessary. It was a pretty obvious joke to begin with.
Of course coach was referencing his ability to pass the ball.
BLUEGREENRED
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#33 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:33 am

m2002brian wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

I didn’t realize a come back was necessary. It was a pretty obvious joke to begin with.
Of course coach was referencing his ability to pass the ball.

yeah right. You guys have been calling him a no passing bitc all year but he's maybe the only one on the team really capable of staying in double digit assists often enough like a Rubio.
m2002brian
Veteran

Post#34 » by m2002brian » Sun Apr 4, 2021 3:40 am

You guys?
I’m just one guy.
BLUEGREENRED
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,526

Post#35 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:15 am

Jedzz wrote:
shrink wrote:
Anthony Edwards - improved play and fame when he gets the Rookie of the Year Award should help, if he can continue to get then minutes and touches to average 25 PPG. Will he get those minutes?

25ppg on 30% or less isn't going to help his value....so simple minutes isn't his answer. It will lock him onto the wolves forever as if his middle name is Wiggins. His best bet is to aim for 18-20ppg on substantually less horrific shots to get that percentage up. His numbers have been looking really good at the net, stay there more. He might even learn how to get to 25ppg on half his current shots one day.

He's actually averaging 43.5% FG over his last 10 games and putting up 23.5PPG. 3pt shot is about 30% tho.

He's growing and learning like any rookie does. He's significantly better than he was at the beginning of the year. If he literally just learns to kick the ball out on drives he'll get to 45-48% shooting easy.
My bet is provided DLo doesn't hog the ball when he gets back that Edwards will probably finish the last 15 games of the year averaging 25ppg on 45% shooting.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:40 am

Jedzz wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

He has the highest usage rate on the team and has the lowest assist ratio out of our PGs, since Towns came back, it's lower than Towns too.

His usage rate/assist ratio is comparable to Jamal Murray and Steph Curry, and has an TS% 4 percent lower than both and higher ast to turnover ratio. Yeah I would say for a PG he's not a pass first guard and for a scoring guard he's not exactly cream of the crop.
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#37 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:54 am

Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

He has the highest usage rate on the team and has the lowest assist ratio out of our PGs, since Towns came back, it's lower than Towns too.

His usage rate/assist ratio is comparable to Jamal Murray and Steph Curry, and has an TS% 4 percent lower than both and higher ast to turnover ratio. Yeah I would say for a PG he's not a pass first guard and for a scoring guard he's not exactly cream of the crop.
Blah blah hippity hoopla. No, I'm not going in moronic circles with you again. Save it.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by Note30 » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:04 am

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Blah blah hippity hoopla. No, I'm not going in moronic circles with you again. Save it.

No real comeback came on this one? This is why DLo will continue to bounce around the league and at best will serve as a role player or great 6th man and not a star.

But yeah much like my post on the PF thread (which was airtight) I see that when you are confronted with facts you runaway.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#39 » by Jedzz » Sun Apr 4, 2021 5:36 am

Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:

No real comeback came on this one? This is why DLo will continue to bounce around the league and at best will serve as a role player or great 6th man and not a star.

But yeah much like my post on the PF thread (which was airtight) I see that when you are confronted with facts you runaway.
We've already been al through breaking down why this season was different and why his numbers this year don't contain high assists this year. Enough of your trash fairytales.

Look at his stats I've posted and you quoted already. No other guards on this team have ever been capable of that. No other guards this team has had many many many years have been capable of scoring, assisting and rebounding like that. Rosas chose to take that possibility away from us this year and from Dlo this season.

He just turned 25 in February. He was a #2 in his draft. You same people won't stop about how the next top 3 pick will save us. How this years current #1 is sooooo worth it. Russell has already shown all the flashes, had the big games during inconsistent development years. He was ready and timed for the next step now. All he needed was a season with Towns, Beas and a supporting cast of believers getting after it. Kat is the same age and just today, TODAY, for really the first time showed us a huge step in maturity level and true desire to beat a team with focus. This is what was supposed to happen this season for both Kat and Dlo, maybe even younger Beasley who had been showing he was all in earlier then everyone.

So show us you can understand the chance we lost this season and just shut the fk up already about your hate for Dlo if you are going to sit here at the same time claiming the next inconsistent rookie nobody is going to save us immediately.

I am no longer talking to such idiots in my life again. So next time I decide not to answer your terrible repeated takes, you now know why .
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#40 » by packforfreedom » Sun Apr 4, 2021 9:25 am

Your constantly aggressive tone towards other posters is really killing the board for me lately.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves