ImageImageImageImageImage

OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Re: OT any of you investing in Cryptocurrencies? 

Post#1661 » by Garbagelo » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:22 am

Stannis wrote:Why is KSM out performing DOT?

The intelligent answer, because KSM is more free and without boundaries, less restrictions.They get projects earlier before making their way to DOT.

The real answer, the market cap. Most people think buying lower market cap means faster gains. Those that feel they missed the boat with DOT will buy KSM. I also think KSM performance was lagging DOT for a little so now there is some catch up.

In the end, they are the same thing with different rules. DOT = Institutions. KSM = developers. I might have underestimated KSM a little but I had no allocation for it left anyway lol. Once KSM corrects, I will have more money by then and going to buy it for the parachain auctions.

Right now, I am looking at NFT projects because they are gaining faster. Soon I will look at enterprise projects.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#1662 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:57 am

NYKinMIA wrote:
knickfan wrote:Coinbase adding Cardano starting tomorrow :O

I was just gonna ask about this. Coinbase Pro actually, but regular Coinbase shouldn't be far behind.

Heard something about Bloomberg and Grayscale too.

Are we looking for a big pop here?

I would assume so. I had 800 shares months ago lol

As far as btc is concerned they're saying this was a fake pump with little volume so expect it to dump again before it rockets. Just what I heard rumblings on telegram crypto chats
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,970

Post#1663 » by NYKinMIA » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:17 pm

WTF Cardano!?!?!?
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1664 » by j4remi » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:19 pm

Garbagelo wrote:

The intelligent answer, because KSM is more free and without boundaries, less restrictions.They get projects earlier before making their way to DOT.

The real answer, the market cap. Most people think buying lower market cap means faster gains. Those that feel they missed the boat with DOT will buy KSM. I also think KSM performance was lagging DOT for a little so now there is some catch up.

In the end, they are the same thing with different rules. DOT = Institutions. KSM = developers. I might have underestimated KSM a little but I had no allocation for it left anyway lol. Once KSM corrects, I will have more money by then and going to buy it for the parachain auctions.

Right now, I am looking at NFT projects because they are gaining faster. Soon I will look at enterprise projects.

NFT feels like the wave. I've been looking at the Veve app and brands associated and debating copping OMI for a minute. Grabbed a couple of the collectibles in case it gets next after NBA Topshots.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#1665 » by Stannis » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:44 pm

Fidelity launching their own Bitcoin ETF. Pretty big deal if you ask me:

Fidelity to launch bitcoin ETF as the firm builds its digital asset business

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/24/fidelity-to-launch-bitcoin-etf-as-investment-giant-builds-its-digital-asset-business-.html?__source=androidappshare
Free Palestine
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#1666 » by KnixtapeH20 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 pm

Hey fellas if yall have bybit downloaded they have a tiny floating widget that stays on any screen on your phone at all times. Its dope so convenient

Prolly the size of two of my box avatars
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1667 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:03 pm

j4remi wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

NFT feels like the wave. I've been looking at the Veve app and brands associated and debating copping OMI for a minute. Grabbed a couple of the collectibles in case it gets next after NBA Topshots.

Copped some OMI a few days ago. Looks very promising to me. (shrug)

It's a bit of a pia to buy. Had to transfer USDT(Binance) to Bitforex, then the trade for OMI. I've read about there being big delays for some on the transfer, but I had zero issues with the whole process. (shrug again 8-) )
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#1668 » by Garbagelo » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:05 pm

NYKinMIA wrote:Copped some OMI a few days ago. Looks very promising to me. (shrug)

It's a bit of a pia to buy. Had to transfer USDT(Binance) to Bitforex, then the trade for OMI. I've read about there being big delays for some on the transfer, but I had zero issues with the whole process. (shrug again 8-) )

Yea I would use Bitmax instead.

I was actually trading OMI recently and tried to withdraw after I was done, took a full week.
NYKinMIA
Lead Assistant

Post#1669 » by NYKinMIA » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:24 pm

Garbagelo wrote:
NYKinMIA wrote:Copped some OMI a few days ago. Looks very promising to me. (shrug)

I was actually trading OMI recently and tried to withdraw after I was done, took a full week.

Word? A week to withdraw from Bitmax or Bitforex?

Appreciate the heads-up.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#1670 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:32 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Hey fellas if yall have bybit downloaded they have a tiny floating widget that stays on any screen on your phone at all times. Its dope so convenient

Prolly the size of two of my box avatars

Oh snap forgot to mention it displays the price of the stock/coin fluid. Very convenient u dont have to click into an app or website. And ir displays over any screen
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#1671 » by Garbagelo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:22 am

NYKinMIA wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:

Word? A week to withdraw from Bitmax or Bitforex?

Appreciate the heads-up.

bitforex
ZKnicks
Junior
And1: 276

Post#1672 » by ZKnicks » Fri Apr 2, 2021 5:29 am

ZKnicks wrote:
Garbagelo wrote:
Grinditout wrote:I know all the hype is on BTC, but don't underestimate ETH guys, lotta room for growth there arguable more than BTC

High gas prices are getting people looking for alternatives like DOT, ADA, and BNB

You research Hathor (HTR) at all?
Some other digital assets I love are NOIA, VRA and UTK.

Hope some people looked into these suggestions.
VRA alone is up 35X since this post in mid February :eek1:
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#1673 » by Garbagelo » Sun Apr 4, 2021 4:10 am

NFT mania is dying
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1674 » by Stannis » Mon Apr 5, 2021 3:14 pm

Garbagelo wrote:NFT mania is dying

I know it's not the investment thread. But all my value stocks and my crypto is going up. All the speculative/hype BS is dying (SPACs, pennies, renewables, and NFTs apparently).

Steel, Lumber, Copper, Oil, Banks, Chips, Bitcoin/ETH (yes, I consider these value assets), all keeping me pretty.

Just seems to me people finally want to hold stuff that actually has worth, which is how a market should be.

PS: Thanks for the TSM suggestion a while ago. That's been stellar and also got me into invest in other chip stocks like Lam Research and ASML which are also killing it.
Free Palestine
Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Post#1675 » by Dave DaButcher » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I fear that since it’s the Kings at the vanguard of this, we may be near a peak.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#1676 » by dakomish23 » Tue Apr 6, 2021 2:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#1677 » by j4remi » Wed Apr 7, 2021 7:40 pm

dakomish23 wrote:https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/struggles-at-dispo-trumps-own-social-media-network/id1073226719?i=1000514058549

Good podcast on the NFT stuff

This is a good breakdown. The NFT concept isn't going anywhere, but it's getting spammed by a bunch of people speculating and/or just trying to make a quick buck. It's like the crypto boom a few years ago, lots of crap but some NFT brands are going to stick.

NBA Topshot prices are inflated, but I think they'll correct and eventually be a literal digital equivalent to trading cards.

Veve's interactive element looks really promising if it develops like promised (OMI is an interesting crypto attached).

I don't know the art or music stuff's value. But I've been into a gang of collectibles and I see the same charm in those two as a comparison for the collectibles that I used to collect as a kid (my old cards and comics have some hidden gems in 'em decades later).
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Garbagelo
Veteran

Post#1678 » by Garbagelo » Wed Apr 7, 2021 9:48 pm

Stannis wrote:

I know it's not the investment thread. But all my value stocks and my crypto is going up. All the speculative/hype BS is dying (SPACs, pennies, renewables, and NFTs apparently).

Steel, Lumber, Copper, Oil, Banks, Chips, Bitcoin/ETH (yes, I consider these value assets), all keeping me pretty.

Just seems to me people finally want to hold stuff that actually has worth, which is how a market should be.

PS: Thanks for the TSM suggestion a while ago. That's been stellar and also got me into invest in other chip stocks like Lam Research and ASML which are also killing it.

Yea, just looking at the obvious trends. Caught some of the EV bubble and SPACs but probably didn't put as much as I should since I was in crypto. For now I have no idea what the next stock trend it, might just be good old sideways.

IMO the next trend that is about to set up soon in crypto, DOT and KSM time is here. Look into parachain auctions https://polkadot.network/launch-parachains/, they are starting this month and will drive up demand in both of them. Equilibrium starts on the 12th https://medium.com/equilibrium-eosdt/heres-your-step-by-step-guide-to-our-dot-eq-token-swap-85ba23dd8885. I would keep track of these projects, they are big and literally free money. Look at Acala, Moonbeam, Centrifuge, Parity, Equilibrium, Subsocial -> go thru the list https://parachain.live/ and dyor. Complicated but big money here. Remember, KSM then DOT.

I also don't think crypto has topped despite all the fud about the PI cycle
knickfan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#1679 » by knickfan » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:21 am

Way to go XRP fighting back the big bad SEC.
http://www.knicksology.com - Knicks board fantasy ball
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1680 » by Stannis » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:52 pm

Garbagelo wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Yea, just looking at the obvious trends. Caught some of the EV bubble and SPACs but probably didn't put as much as I should since I was in crypto. For now I have no idea what the next stock trend it, might just be good old sideways.

IMO the next trend that is about to set up soon in crypto, DOT and KSM time is here. Look into parachain auctions https://polkadot.network/launch-parachains/, they are starting this month and will drive up demand in both of them. Equilibrium starts on the 12th https://medium.com/equilibrium-eosdt/heres-your-step-by-step-guide-to-our-dot-eq-token-swap-85ba23dd8885. I would keep track of these projects, they are big and literally free money. Look at Acala, Moonbeam, Centrifuge, Parity, Equilibrium, Subsocial -> go thru the list https://parachain.live/ and dyor. Complicated but big money here. Remember, KSM then DOT.

I also don't think crypto has topped despite all the fud about the PI cycle

Thank you!

You like KSM more than DOT?
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks