Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

ChiefKeith91
Sophomore
And1: 59

Re: Trade Talk (Part Six) 

Post#1361 » by ChiefKeith91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:31 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:From today's Star Tribune article:
The Wolves, a source confirmed, could have made deals for veterans Ricky Rubio and Ed Davis, but Rosas opted not to make any moves because the potential return wasn't worth the shake up of the roster. Rubio has been instrumental in the development of rookie Anthony Edwards and one of the reasons the Wolves acquired Rubio was to help mentor Edwards.

How is dealing Ed Davis "shaking up" the roster? Davis played 5 and 3 minutes the last two games.

Or even Rubio.
Rubio is already playing off ball when Edwards is out there. With the return of Dlo things are going to get worse for him.

Look at usage of Edwards and especially Dlo. Is crazy high. And we all know that Rubio playing off the ball doesn't make any sense.

I don't get it. The return was to balance the roster and try to increase the value of some guys (Culver, Nowell). I guess we are going to see a 12-man rotation in Rosas mind now.

Wtf is Rosas talking about lol. Just admit you kept Rubio to keep Ant happy. I’m with paying vets to mentor young players (Ex. Haslem) but not at 17 mil a year! It’ll be harder to trade Rubio in the off-season, at least last week Clippers, & Raptors could’ve used him for a postseason push.

Nobody is gonna want him next year for that price with this guard heavy draft.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,529

Post#1362 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:48 pm

ChiefKeith91 wrote:
Merc_Porto wrote:

How is dealing Ed Davis "shaking up" the roster? Davis played 5 and 3 minutes the last two games.

Or even Rubio.
Rubio is already playing off ball when Edwards is out there. With the return of Dlo things are going to get worse for him.

Look at usage of Edwards and especially Dlo. Is crazy high. And we all know that Rubio playing off the ball doesn't make any sense.

I don't get it. The return was to balance the roster and try to increase the value of some guys (Culver, Nowell). I guess we are going to see a 12-man rotation in Rosas mind now.

Wtf is Rosas talking about lol. Just admit you kept Rubio to keep Ant happy. I’m with paying vets to mentor young players (Ex. Haslem) but not at 17 mil a year! It’ll be harder to trade Rubio in the off-season, at least last week Clippers, & Raptors could’ve used him for a postseason push.

Nobody is gonna want him next year for that price with this guard heavy draft.

I don't think he kept Rubio to keep Ant happy, which is something much different than helping Ant become a better player. Ant's weaknesses are Rubio's strengths, so hopefully he helps Ant figure things out. Ultimately you have to judge whether the return for Rubio is worth more than his impact on Ant. I think that's tough to judge from the outside, but I don't think we would get much in return for Rubio, maybe some better roster balance.
Heimdal
Sophomore
And1: 147

Post#1363 » by Heimdal » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:48 pm

Rubio gets paid to play, not to coach. Rosas should have traded Rubio:

1 Because it was good for the team: his value was as high as it's going to be and playoff teams needed a PG and were interested. Now, Russell is back, Rubio will be demoted again, he will play much less and his performance will suffer.

2 Because it was good for Rubio: he would be a part of a much better team right now. Rubio could be a Clipper instead of Rondo, for instance. Imagine how Rubio feels right now. He's going to hate every second he spends here from now on. Oh, but he's kept to coach Ant and finish 15-57! That's great. He's going to love it.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1364 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:52 pm

Heimdal wrote:Rubio gets paid to play, not to coach. Rosas should have traded Rubio:

1 Because it was good for the team: his value was as high as it's going to be and playoff teams needed a PG and were interested. Now, Russell is back, Rubio will be demoted again, he play much less and his performance will suffer.

2 Because it was good for Rubio: he would be a part of a much better team right now. Rubio could be a Clipper instead of Rondo, for instance. Imagine how Rubio feels right now. He's going to hate every second he spends here from now on. Oh, but he's kept to coach Ant and finish 15-57! That's great. He's going to love it.

He's paid to help the team and if keeping him on the team helps the team more than trading him, then you should keep him. Regardless of what form that help is. If he wants to leave that should be accounted for.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#1365 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:11 pm

The Wolves, a source confirmed, could have made deals for veterans Ricky Rubio and Ed Davis, but Rosas opted not to make any moves because the potential return wasn't worth the shake up of the roster. Rubio has been instrumental in the development of rookie Anthony Edwards and one of the reasons the Wolves acquired Rubio was to help mentor Edwards.

Because there's more to a veteran player's impact than what he provides on the court.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#1366 » by Baseline81 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:18 pm

Merc_Porto wrote:Or even Rubio.

Dane Moore asked Rosas a question about the Rubio and Russell pairing. He acknowledged it hasn't worked when both were on the floor together, thus admitting it won't happen as much to finish out the season.

Again, why keep a $17M contract to play less than 20 MPG? Even if Rosas valued Rubio as a late first-round pick, an expiring would have been better in the long run. Or do we think he couldn't get that in return?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,952

Post#1367 » by Klomp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:19 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

Dane Moore asked Rosas a question about the Rubio and Russell pairing. He acknowledged it hasn't worked when both were on the floor together, thus admitting it won't happen as much to finish out the season.

Again, why keep a $17M contract to play less than 20 MPG? Even if Rosas valued Rubio as a late first-round pick, an expiring would have been better in the long run. Or do we think he couldn't get that in return?

Because his impact goes far beyond his 20 mpg on the court.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1368 » by moonpie » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,264

Post#1369 » by Baseline81 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Klomp wrote:Because his impact goes far beyond his 20 mpg on the court.

$17M worth, I suppose...
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#1370 » by IceManBK1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:56 pm

moonpie wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wouldn't mind if we sign him for rest of season. Seem like good defensive big. J Parker, Deng, just see how the team looks like with a vet PF. One who's a legit starter. Don't need to be a star player.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore

Post#1371 » by ChiefKeith91 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Klomp wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

If that’s the case then convince him to retire and hire him as a coach. Only Impact a bottom 3 team needs to worry about is on the court production. Especially when that player is making the same amount or more than Sabonis, Bojan, Wood, Bertrand and Smart.

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1372 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:38 pm

ChiefKeith91 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:Dane Moore asked Rosas a question about the Rubio and Russell pairing. He acknowledged it hasn't worked when both were on the floor together, thus admitting it won't happen as much to finish out the season.

If that’s the case then convince him to retire and hire him as a coach. Only Impact a bottom 3 team needs to worry about is on the court production. Especially when that player is making the same amount or more than Sabonis, Bojan, Wood, Bertrand and Smart.

Who cares what he’s making? We’re not getting below the salary cap.
moss_is_1
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#1373 » by moss_is_1 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:40 pm

Sign Gorgui. Trebuchet.
IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1374 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:08 am

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/otto-porter-staying-in-orlando-for-now/

if otto porter jr gets bought out..we should give him a chance to prove his worthiness signing a new contract.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore

Post#1375 » by ChiefKeith91 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:14 am

IceManBK1 wrote:https://hoopshype.com/rumor/otto-porter-staying-in-orlando-for-now/

if otto porter jr gets bought out..we should give him a chance to prove his worthiness signing a new contract.

He got paid already I think his next phase is to play for an contender like Celtics or Lakers

IceManBK1
Analyst

Post#1376 » by IceManBK1 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:17 am

ChiefKeith91 wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:https://hoopshype.com/rumor/otto-porter-staying-in-orlando-for-now/

He got paid already I think his next phase is to play for an contender like Celtics or Lakers

warriors don't seem too high on oubre..they gonna give him a bench role when klay returns. i would rather have oubre than porter jr.
ChiefKeith91
Sophomore

Post#1377 » by ChiefKeith91 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:47 pm

If we get a Top 2 pick and OKC calls cause they want either Cade or Suggs, do you make the trade for their 2021 FRP & 2023 FRP (Top 3 Protected).

I’d like to do a Culver or Okogie for Dort swap but that’s pushing it lol

Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#1378 » by Worm Guts » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:52 pm

ChiefKeith91 wrote:If we get a Top 2 pick and OKC calls cause they want either Cade or Suggs, do you make the trade for their 2021 FRP & 2023 FRP (Top 3 Protected).

I’d like to do a Culver or Okogie for Dort swap but that’s pushing it lol

It depends on where they’re picking, but probably not. I don’t think you trade out of the top 4(at least not for picks).
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,197

Post#1379 » by Neeva » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Rosas aint trading out unless Suggs or Green will be there at 4 or 5.
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,496

Post#1380 » by Wolveswin » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:49 am

Now that the trade deadline has passed...best trade Towns rebuild offer from Wolveswin on draft day:

Wizards:
Westbrook + Bertans + Avdija
FOR
Russell + Wiggins + Hernangomez

Warriors:
Wiggins + Wiseman + Picks (see below)
FOR
Towns + Bertans

Wolves:
Towns + Russell + Hernangomez
FOR
Westbrook (huge buyout terms)
Wiseman
Avdija
2021 Wolves 1st (returned)
2021 Warriors 1st (rights to #13)
2022 Warriors 1st (unprotected)
2023 Warriors 1st Swap (unprotected)
2026 Warriors 1st (unprotected, two years after Griz owed 1st conveyed)

Wiseman | Reid
McDaniels | Vanderbilt
Avdija | Culver
Edwards | Nowell | Okogie
Rubio | Wolves 2021 (Cunningham or Suggs)
*Beasley ideally traded by adding to Warriors #13 to get Wolves into top 8 OR for best 2022 1st owed they can get.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves