Image ImageImage Image

Woj: Gafford & Hutchison to Washington for Troy Brown & Mo Wagner

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Re: Woj: Gafford & Hutchison to Washington for Troy Brown & Mo Wagner 

Post#221 » by CaPiTanAK » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:26 pm

Red8911 wrote:
R3AL1TY wrote:Watching clips of Brown, I'm surprised Washington rather take a chance with Hutch over him. Brown looks faster and more reliable despite being an end of the bench guy like Hutch. I guess the value mainly came from the athleticism and length of adding Gafford.

Westbrook is going to yell at Hutchinson a lot if he misses open shots and ruins his assists numbers.

Westbrook is going to mentally abuse mentally soft players like Hutchison back to the China league.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#222 » by bad knees » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
Mirotek wrote:
The Explorer wrote:Hutchison all of a sudden is available to play tomorrow for the Wizards - this lends me to believe he had a falling out with Donovan.

He def had some problems with someone before he left. The first sentence on his Instagram post was, "Heading to the next chapter like (running man emoji)." Maybe i'm reading too much into it but it felt like a jab.

He had a conversation with BD was told to think it over and we never saw him again, it is not a big stretch to see that there was some personal issue going on. Hope for him that Washington is a good new chapter for him. Gar might have been watching the TV and screaming AK you idiot Hutch is a god!

My latest guess, putting everything together: He missed a Covid test, and was penalized by the league. The Bulls FO decided to add to his punishment. He took exception, and words were said. BD told him that he stood by management's decision, and Hutch got pissed.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#223 » by gobullschi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:28 pm

AK’s Will Barton 2.0
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#224 » by logical_art » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:09 pm

R3AL1TY wrote:Watching clips of Brown, I'm surprised Washington rather take a chance with Hutch over him. Brown looks faster and more reliable despite being an end of the bench guy like Hutch. I guess the value mainly came from the athleticism and length of adding Gafford.

I disagree on faster. Hutchison has been compared to Pippen for a reason. He's the better athlete. Brown looks like he's more skilled with better BBIQ though. And he's younger.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#225 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:18 pm

bad knees wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
Mirotek wrote:
He def had some problems with someone before he left. The first sentence on his Instagram post was, "Heading to the next chapter like (running man emoji)." Maybe i'm reading too much into it but it felt like a jab.

He had a conversation with BD was told to think it over and we never saw him again, it is not a big stretch to see that there was some personal issue going on. Hope for him that Washington is a good new chapter for him. Gar might have been watching the TV and screaming AK you idiot Hutch is a god!

My latest guess, putting everything together: He missed a Covid test, and was penalized by the league. The Bulls FO decided to add to his punishment. He took exception, and words were said. BD told him that he stood by management's decision, and Hutch got pissed.

That seems logical to me. It seems more likely at this point than a mental health issue which is what I thought it was initially, regardless of what it is though the change should be good for all parties.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,312

Post#226 » by Mbrahv0528 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:36 pm

logical_art wrote:

I disagree on faster. Hutchison has been compared to Pippen for a reason. He's the better athlete. Brown looks like he's more skilled with better BBIQ though. And he's younger.
Wait.. who is comparing that dude to Scottie Pippen ?

Sent from my SM-F707U using RealGM mobile app
logical_art
RealGM

Post#227 » by logical_art » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:47 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
logical_art wrote:

The announcers I believe. It' the way he moves. He glides across the court with long strides and gets places in a hurry.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 14,828

Post#228 » by Mk0 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:58 pm

Mbrahv0528 wrote:
logical_art wrote:

Stacey King. Because he was paid to.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,676

Post#229 » by GoBlue72391 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:10 am

Mk0 wrote:
Mbrahv0528 wrote:
logical_art wrote:

Stacey King. Because he was paid to.

I think Stacey is really just that big of a homer that he actually believes the things he says.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#230 » by sco » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:44 pm

I really hope Brown makes the rotation. I think he should be our primary back-up SF and be getting 22-23 min. PWill can stay the starter and still develop playing 25-26 MPG.
:clap:
HOTCARL_o
Sixth Man
And1: 155

Post#231 » by HOTCARL_o » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:54 pm

Brown can handle the ball and play point forward off the bench so Coby doesn’t have to handle the ball as much and just focus on scoring
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,017

Post#232 » by FriedRise » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:03 pm

Just read that Troy Brown played point guard in high school, kinda like PaW. That’s kinda cool. Certainly the type of player that AKME value.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#233 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:19 pm

sco wrote:I really hope Brown makes the rotation. I think he should be our primary back-up SF and be getting 22-23 min. PWill can stay the starter and still develop playing 25-26 MPG.

Even though I still backed WCJ, based on past seasons alone, if you told me before this season that at the tradeline one of WCJ and TBJ would be dumped for nothing and the other would be an asset in a trade for an all-star, and I had to guess which one did what, I would surely have picked the wrong alternative.
In the pre season, TBJ was a most improved player candidate (board friend Mort picked him as his candidate on his podcast). He was viewed as a low key steal back at the draft, and as an up-and-comer before the bubble. Did really well there and appeared to be just about to come into his own.

Seriously, unless there's a behind the scenes motive unbeknownst to us, I still can't understand Washington's reasoning for this trade.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,870

Post#234 » by Wingy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:28 pm

I see some highlights, and I get unreasonably excited for TBJ.

Wizards brass probably saw some of this, and got similarly excited.

TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#235 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:49 pm

Wingy wrote:I see some highlights, and I get unreasonably excited for TBJ.

Best NBA skill first and foremost is availability. Hutch doesnt pass that. So they can get excited watching him in suit.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#236 » by sco » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:00 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:

Best NBA skill first and foremost is availability. Hutch doesnt pass that. So they can get excited watching him in suit.

2nd best skill is making an open layup...
:clap:
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#237 » by TheFinishSniper » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:08 pm

sco wrote:

:lol: You not wrong. Hutch missing a lot of NBA basic skills.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,870

Post#238 » by Wingy » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:14 pm

sco wrote:
TheFinishSniper wrote:

The point wasn’t to make an argument for Chandler. It was that sometimes it’s easy to see the flashy good, and forget about the bad.

Someone ought to make the availability point to the dude that lamented the loss of Mo Wagner for about two dozen posts.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#239 » by Axl Rose » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:08 pm

logical_art wrote:The announcers I believe. It' the way he moves. He glides across the court with long strides and gets places in a hurry.

Stacey King doesn't count :lol:
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
logical_art
RealGM

Post#240 » by logical_art » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Axl Rose wrote:
logical_art wrote:The announcers I believe. It' the way he moves. He glides across the court with long strides and gets places in a hurry.

Stacey King doesn't count :lol:

We're getting sidetracked here. Hutchison is clearly more athletic than Brown.

Return to Chicago Bulls