Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

GBanga3
Rookie
And1: 404

Re: Wright Traded to Sacramento 

Post#121 » by GBanga3 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:42 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
vege wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:So let me make sure I understand this correctly. The resident Debbie downer who has poo pooed everything Weaver has done, which by the way, is exactly what every Piston fan has been wanting, a total and complete reset, is upset with gentle ribbing? I am addressing you by calling you Smeagol as you have made such a huge deal about 2nd round picks and as soon as Weaver gets 2 back, you crap all over this deal.

Your unbelievable. Oh, and of course you use this trade to once again make sure everyone knows you hate the Wood deal. You have made your feelings well known about Weaver, but there is a fact that is inescapable;

The old Pistons are dead. The last decade has been miserable for all Piston fans and it is finally erased. The Pistons are set to get(hopefully, fingers crossed, whatever good luck charm you got)a very high pick because the team is finally properly tanking, Weavers deals have worked out better then basically anyone thought they would, and we have two very promising rookies, and hopefully a third.

Speaking on that, your stance on Hayes is another thing that drives me nuts. 7 games is all he has played. 7! I've spoken on this before in how I give Piston players to much latitude to improve, (people here will vouch for that. My Andre hope was absurd, but I've come to realize he was nothing but a mirage)but to give up on a rookie after 7 games makes no sense whatsoever.

So have I addressed your arguments of complaining about sending out 2nd round picks, and then complaining when the team gets 2 back? I've stated repeatedly that 2nd round picks are nothing but trade filler, and the odds of getting a good player is a Longshot as well.

I am still unsure what you expected Weaver to do when he inherited this dumpster fire of a team. The first thing you do when you get handed trash, is to take it out. Guess what? He has done exactly that. One player remains.

Also, on another note, who cares if the player returning is a good player in this type of deal? This was a deal to get picks, plain and simple. The contract he is on is nominal, and he is a bad player.

What did you expect to happen here? A blockbuster trade bringing in a starter? What is it exactly that you expected Weaver to do with this trainwreck he inherited?

As I expected, you have 0 content to add, that's why you try to be funny using those stupid names and try to insult me.

I have 1 thing to say. CONTEXT. Just because it's bad to give away 2nds for free, doesn't mean we should be happy every time we get a 2nd.

I gave you the chance to make this something productive, but once again, like I said, and like I expected, you are not capable of doing that, so, good bye.
Clearly beauty of a 2nd rounder is in the eye of the beholder.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

:lol: yeah I enjoyed this one.
-Official #1 Australian Pistons Fan-
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#122 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:39 pm

GBanga3 wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
vege wrote:
As I expected, you have 0 content to add, that's why you try to be funny using those stupid names and try to insult me.

I have 1 thing to say. CONTEXT. Just because it's bad to give away 2nds for free, doesn't mean we should be happy every time we get a 2nd.

I gave you the chance to make this something productive, but once again, like I said, and like I expected, you are not capable of doing that, so, good bye.
Clearly beauty of a 2nd rounder is in the eye of the beholder.

yeah I enjoyed this one.
Yeah the cognitive dissonance on this board is pretty strong man.

DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#123 » by DetroitSho » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:41 pm

chrbal wrote:
edmunder_prc wrote:.

Late 2nd picks suck - but if a team is as bad as the Pistons, you play them and hope for the best. Or you could be the Pistons - draft guys, never bring them up, play guys on expiring that will be out of the league the following year.

Was that easy enough for you to digest?

Which other than the two ways, they did. Up until the covid closure. Had they managed to make a bubble, you would’ve seen Thomas, Svi, Kennard, Sekou, Wood, Patton, and Brown playing key roles.

Complaining because King (solid season in the g league this season) and Bone (waived out of a two way by Orlando) didn’t play is completely pointless.
Yeah at this point, it's complaining just to complain with literally zero context.

zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#124 » by zeebneeb » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:26 pm

vege wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
vege wrote:
Why don't you try to address my arguments, instead of trying to make fun of me calling me Smeagol, for some dumb reason?

Show me where I am wrong.

Is CoJo a good player? Show me with data to backup that.

Does he have a good contract?

Does a late 2nd in a draft we already have 2 2nds have any value? When was the last time a player drafted 55-60 (which is likely where that pick will land), turn into a NBA player? Or was an asset to move up in the draft?
So let me make sure I understand this correctly. The resident Debbie downer who has poo pooed everything Weaver has done, which by the way, is exactly what every Piston fan has been wanting, a total and complete reset, is upset with gentle ribbing? I am addressing you by calling you Smeagol as you have made such a huge deal about 2nd round picks and as soon as Weaver gets 2 back, you crap all over this deal.

Your unbelievable. Oh, and of course you use this trade to once again make sure everyone knows you hate the Wood deal. You have made your feelings well known about Weaver, but there is a fact that is inescapable;

The old Pistons are dead. The last decade has been miserable for all Piston fans and it is finally erased. The Pistons are set to get(hopefully, fingers crossed, whatever good luck charm you got)a very high pick because the team is finally properly tanking, Weavers deals have worked out better then basically anyone thought they would, and we have two very promising rookies, and hopefully a third.

Speaking on that, your stance on Hayes is another thing that drives me nuts. 7 games is all he has played. 7! I've spoken on this before in how I give Piston players to much latitude to improve, (people here will vouch for that. My Andre hope was absurd, but I've come to realize he was nothing but a mirage)but to give up on a rookie after 7 games makes no sense whatsoever.

So have I addressed your arguments of complaining about sending out 2nd round picks, and then complaining when the team gets 2 back? I've stated repeatedly that 2nd round picks are nothing but trade filler, and the odds of getting a good player is a Longshot as well.

I am still unsure what you expected Weaver to do when he inherited this dumpster fire of a team. The first thing you do when you get handed trash, is to take it out. Guess what? He has done exactly that. One player remains.

Also, on another note, who cares if the player returning is a good player in this type of deal? This was a deal to get picks, plain and simple. The contract he is on is nominal, and he is a bad player.

What did you expect to happen here? A blockbuster trade bringing in a starter? What is it exactly that you expected Weaver to do with this trainwreck he inherited?

Again gentle ribbing as I don't have to insult you, you do that to yourself everytime you post.

Glad you gave me a chance though.

:kiss
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#125 » by flow » Mon May 17, 2021 12:52 pm

flow wrote:A couple thoughts:

1. The Lakers 2nd will be low, but probably not as low as people are presuming. They're currently 7th in league, and descending. With no Lebron for another month.5, they're going to lose plenty more games.

Looks like LA finished 10th overall.

DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#126 » by DetroitSho » Mon May 17, 2021 1:34 pm

flow wrote:

1. The Lakers 2nd will be low, but probably not as low as people are presuming. They're currently 7th in league, and descending. With no Lebron for another month.5, they're going to lose plenty more games.

I honestly forgot about this 2nd. So the Pistons have like the 37th, 40th and 51st pick. Those who apparently rub one out to 2nds should be ecstatic, no?

flow
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by flow » Mon May 17, 2021 1:45 pm

DetroitSho wrote:
flow wrote:

I honestly forgot about this 2nd. So the Pistons have like the 37th, 40th and 51st pick. Those who apparently rub one out to 2nds should be ecstatic, no?

Khris Middleton, Spencer Dinwiddie, Bruce Brown & Saben Lee were selected in the 2nd round. No reason not to be pleased with multiple 2nd round picks. Especially when you have a good talent evaluator making the selections.

NYPiston
Analyst
And1: 3,122

Post#128 » by NYPiston » Mon May 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Question about the 2nds. Do they get effected by playoff results or are they locked in after the regular season?
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#129 » by DetroitSho » Mon May 17, 2021 1:55 pm

flow wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:
flow wrote:

Khris Middleton, Spencer Dinwiddie, Bruce Brown & Saben Lee were selected in the 2nd round. No reason not to be pleased with multiple 2nd round picks. Especially when you have a good talent evaluator making the selections.

I agree, the more the better. But there's people on this forum that complained about us giving up future seconds AND complained about getting seconds in this trade. It's double speak that gets tiresome.

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#130 » by Manocad » Mon May 17, 2021 2:01 pm

I'm a pretty optimistic guy so I look at it this way--what's worse than having three 2nd round picks in any draft? Having two, one or no 2nd round picks.

That being said, given where the Pistons are at right now with their young players and likely will be landing a top 4 player, would I try to package this year's 2nds to move up into the 1st? Hell yes. I get the idea of more lottery tickets being better, but as I posted previously the Pistons right now only really have one throwaway guy on their roster--Okafor. Ellington and Cojo will likely go and DSJ and Plumlee too if the right deals come along, but it's not like the Pistons have to look at it like all vets and fringe players (JJ, Diallo, McGruder, Sirvydis) must be moved RIGHT NOW to make way for more draft picks. Point being, in this draft I'd be willing to take quality over quantity given the Pistons' current situation.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#131 » by chrbal » Mon May 17, 2021 2:04 pm

NYPiston wrote:Question about the 2nds. Do they get effected by playoff results or are they locked in after the regular season?

I don’t think playoff results affect them. Tiebreakers might
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#132 » by flow » Mon May 17, 2021 2:05 pm

NYPiston wrote:Question about the 2nds. Do they get effected by playoff results or are they locked in after the regular season?

2nd round is determined by regular season record.

This is a very useful page. Both the chart and the explanations below it. Right now it has us slotted with picks 37, 42 & 51.

http://www.tankathon.com/full_draft

* Unlike how their playoff seedings are determined, apparently there's a blind draw between teams with identical records to determine their draft order. So LA didn't necessarily finish 10th for draft purposes. Finished 8th, 9th or 10th.

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#133 » by The Moose » Mon May 17, 2021 2:19 pm

flow wrote:

This is a very useful page. Both the chart, and the explanations below it. Right now it's got us with picks 37, 42 & 51.

*Apparently there's a blind draw between teams with identical records to determine their draft order. So LA didn't necessarily finish 10th for draft purposes. Finished 8th, 9th or 10th.

interesting to see how many 2nd picks are traded these days

17 out of the last 18 picks in the draft have been traded
DetroitSho
Head Coach

Post#134 » by DetroitSho » Mon May 17, 2021 3:05 pm

The Moose wrote:
flow wrote:

This is a very useful page. Both the chart, and the explanations below it. Right now it's got us with picks 37, 42 & 51.

*Apparently there's a blind draw between teams with identical records to determine their draft order. So LA didn't necessarily finish 10th for draft purposes. Finished 8th, 9th or 10th.

interesting to see how many 2nd picks are traded these days

This point has been made ad nauseum but when the Pistons do it apparently it's criminal.

whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,507

Post#135 » by whitehops » Tue May 18, 2021 1:39 am

The Moose wrote:interesting to see how many 2nd picks are traded these days

in the NFL there are 7 rounds so it gives teams a lot more options when adding making value in a trade equal out. in the NBA there is such a big difference between 1st and 2nd round picks (and even huge differences in value within the same round) that second round picks are almost a given to the team giving up the better asset.

that's also why it's not uncommon to see late second round picks traded for nothing but CASH. it's like the team picking there didn't like any of the options so they opted for money instead. but at the same time, teams that need to add talent will try to add second round picks as more lottery tickets so there's always going to be a balanced supply/demand for them.
flow
Assistant Coach

Post#136 » by flow » Wed May 26, 2021 12:33 pm

flow wrote:

This is a very useful page. Both the chart and the explanations below it. Right now it has us slotted with picks 37, 42 & 51.

* Unlike how their playoff seedings are determined, apparently there's a blind draw between teams with identical records to determine their draft order. So LA didn't necessarily finish 10th for draft purposes. Finished 8th, 9th or 10th.

The tie-breaker draws were conducted yesterday. The Lakers 2nd will be pick #52.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/05/2021-pre-lottery-nba-draft-order.html

Return to Detroit Pistons