Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,075

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1661 » by MrSparkle » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:31 pm

Wonder if a Felicio buyout is still looming. Vonleh would be one final upgrade.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#1662 » by sco » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:33 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Wonder if a Felicio buyout is still looming. Vonleh would be one final upgrade.

Would love Vonleh, but we are overloaded at PF/C. Need a PG.
:clap:
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#1663 » by Andi Obst » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:12 pm

MrSparkle wrote:Wonder if a Felicio buyout is still looming. Vonleh would be one final upgrade.

If anything, they would have to waive him. Buyout would only make sense for him if he could actually find a spot on another team, which he obviously won’t.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1664 » by gobullschi » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:34 pm

Based on all the rumors we’ve seen at the deadline, I think the most likely trade that is made in the offseason is a S&T Markkanen deal where Lonzo Ball or DeMar DeRozan ends up in Chicago. I’d be happy with both options.

Tomas Satoransky / Coby White
Zach LaVine / Troy Brown Jr.
DeMar DeRozan / Al-Farouq Aminu
Patrick Williams / Thaddeus Young
Nikola Vucevic / Marco Simonovic

Lonzo Ball / Tomas Satoransky
Zach LaVine / Coby White
Patrick Williams / Troy Brown Jr.
Thaddeus Young / Al-Farouq Aminu

Side Note: DeMar DeRozan and Nikola Vucevic were teammates at USC
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,386

Post#1665 » by Michael Jackson » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:07 am

gobullschi wrote:Based on all the rumors we’ve seen at the deadline, I think the most likely trade that is made in the offseason is a S&T Markkanen deal where Lonzo Ball or DeMar DeRozan ends up in Chicago. I’d be happy with both options.

Zach LaVine / Coby White

After the season is over their may be more players who will be on the move. Say the Clippers fall apart, both Leonard and PG might be available as an example. Who knows, but rosters turn over way more than they used to.
jStuNNa
Head Coach
And1: 548

Post#1666 » by jStuNNa » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:34 am

gobullschi wrote:Based on all the rumors we’ve seen at the deadline, I think the most likely trade that is made in the offseason is a S&T Markkanen deal where Lonzo Ball or DeMar DeRozan ends up in Chicago. I’d be happy with both options.

Zach LaVine / Coby White

If the Bulls can't get Lonzo, which should be the first option, another name to watch for will be Devonte Graham. I know he doesn't provide the size that Lonzo does, but he checks a lot of boxes. His future in Charlotte is uncertain after this season.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1667 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:06 am

jStuNNa wrote:

Zach LaVine / Coby White

If the Bulls can't get Lonzo, which should be the first option, another name to watch for will be Devonte Graham. I know he doesn't provide the size that Lonzo does, but he checks a lot of boxes. His future in Charlotte is uncertain after this season.

Completely agree, I was coming here to post about this. I like Lonzo, but I think Graham would be more cost effective, and Charlotte might be a better fit for Markannen.
Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1668 » by gobullschi » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:53 am

Grodoboldo wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:

Zach LaVine / Coby White

Completely agree, I was coming here to post about this. I like Lonzo, but I think Graham would be more cost effective, and Charlotte might be a better fit for Markannen.

36%FG% DeVonte Graham? Wjat boxes does he really check? That's quite far down the list of guys I think the Bulls should target.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#1669 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:05 am

gobullschi wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:

36%FG% DeVonte Graham? Wjat boxes does he really check? That's quite far down the list of guys I think the Bulls should target.

Exactly he can’t shoot for ****. No thanks.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,408

Post#1670 » by jump » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Looks like Schroder may be available if he can't reconnect with the Lakers. Another Euro may be just what we need.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#1671 » by ChettheJet » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Today Ball and DeRozan would be good bets, any team that makes a trade could end up cutting loose somebody else that would fit it as well or better. I think those two get very different contracts, Ball you want to have around for 5 years, but you wouldn't want to have to bid up the price because another team is in competition. DeRozan is 36? he fits well for a team that doesn't have a FRP next year but could draft his replacement in 2022.

To me the direction they go next year depends much on how this rotation looks getting into the playoffs. If Young and Satoransky mesh with Lavine, Vucevic and Williams who are staying, likely Coby White too, do you hang onto them rather than go FA shopping after trading or buying them out. How Markkanen looks as a piece determines if he stays, because he's not the #2 option now and if Williams works during the summer he might be #3.

You bring up Simonovic and if he was the third center option behind Theis now might be the time to get him over here to learn the NBA game. From what I read he's 22 and has played 5 21 game seasons so let's not make him out to be more than he is. He could probably improve in two ways, getting better as a three point shooter to look like a stretch 4 or adding some muscle to be more of a center. And at 22 he could do either or both. Watching Vucevic would teach him a lot.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#1672 » by Jstock12 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:37 pm

If I'm Karnisovas this summer, I'm going to try and acquire the rights to the best point guard in the Euroleague - Vasilije Micic, who's currenty 27 yo and in his prime. His rights currently belong to OKC, but given that Micic's age doesn't really fit their timeline and because they have a million of picks and only so many available roster spots, this shouldn't be too difficult.

Big body for a point-guard (6'6), strong, pretty athletic, above average defender, great court vision and playmaking. He stated he doesn't want to come to the NBA just to be a part of the roster, but wants to go to a winning team and have a role in it. He wants to win.

gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1673 » by gobullschi » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:46 pm

ChettheJet wrote:

Today Ball and DeRozan would be good bets, any team that makes a trade could end up cutting loose somebody else that would fit it as well or better. I think those two get very different contracts, Ball you want to have around for 5 years, but you wouldn't want to have to bid up the price because another team is in competition. DeRozan is 36? he fits well for a team that doesn't have a FRP next year but could draft his replacement in 2022.

DeRozan probably gets a 3 or 4 year deal. He’s 31 years old, but he doesn’t look like he’s slowing down. His evolution as a passer also fits AKs archetype. He would be an ideal veteran to mentor Troy Brown Jr. & Patrick Williams too. The combination of DeRozan, LaVine, & Voochs passing ability might allow Coby to handle point guard (assuming he develops some after another offseason).
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#1674 » by kodo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:21 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Grodoboldo wrote:
jStuNNa wrote:

And just last season the board was debating if Lavine for Graham would be a good trade for us. Time moves quickly in the league.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1675 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:25 pm

gobullschi wrote:
ChettheJet wrote:

DeRozan probably gets a 3 or 4 year deal. He’s 31 years old, but he doesn’t look like he’s slowing down. His evolution as a passer also fits AKs archetype. He would be an ideal veteran to mentor Troy Brown Jr. & Patrick Williams too. The combination of DeRozan, LaVine, & Voochs passing ability might allow Coby to handle point guard (assuming he develops some after another offseason).

As much as I like DeRozan's fit offensively, it would be a major problem on defense. I do think it's an intriguing possibility, and I agree the Spurs are a good S&T partner for a Lauri trade, but both of their prime candidates (Mills and DeRozan) would be problematic defensively.
Ugly Duckling
Veteran
And1: 1,538

Post#1676 » by Ugly Duckling » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:26 pm

i think he's getting serviceable players man its good. they're all relatively athletic and can play a little on both ends. should make a good practice squad. im high on theis and vooch is obviously a great pairing with lavine. i think top 4 protected for this yrs pick wasn't enough but hoping for the best
mudsak wrote:Watching Kawhi plow through the playoffs like the most stoic gangster to walk the earth has been one of the most epic things I've watched in a while.
Grodoboldo
Analyst

Post#1677 » by Grodoboldo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:27 pm

Jstock12 wrote:If I'm Karnisovas this summer, I'm going to try and acquire the rights to the best point guard in the Euroleague - Vasilije Micic, who's currenty 27 yo and in his prime. His rights currently belong to OKC, but given that Micic's age doesn't really fit their timeline and because they have a million of picks and only so many available roster spots, this shouldn't be too difficult.

Big body for a point-guard (6'6), strong, pretty athletic, above average defender, great court vision and playmaking. He stated he doesn't want to come to the NBA just to be a part of the roster, but wants to go to a winning team and have a role in it. He wants to win.

Never heard of him, but he surely is intriguing judging from this clip. Loved the outside the box thinking!!!
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 580

Post#1678 » by Almost Retired » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:52 pm

Grodoboldo wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:If I'm Karnisovas this summer, I'm going to try and acquire the rights to the best point guard in the Euroleague - Vasilije Micic, who's currenty 27 yo and in his prime. His rights currently belong to OKC, but given that Micic's age doesn't really fit their timeline and because they have a million of picks and only so many available roster spots, this shouldn't be too difficult.

Never heard of him, but he surely is intriguing judging from this clip. Loved the outside the box thinking!!!

I'll send my Brother to pick him up at O'Hare....If OKC is reasonable for his rights he'd be worth a contract. Especially since we have no FRP this year. His age fits with Zach's prime. I like his size and shooting ability. Kudos. Best idea I've seen on this forum in a while. Maybe Vooch can help lure him over. Mici is Serbian, Vooch is a Montenegrin. They're "neighbors".
SfBull
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

Post#1679 » by SfBull » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:30 pm

Austin Rivers was released by Thunder,the Bulls could go after him,he'd be certainly better than Coby and Sato.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1680 » by StunnerKO » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:32 pm

He’s going to the Bucks

Return to Chicago Bulls