ImageImageImageImageImage

Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

dgr81
General Manager
And1: 10,888

Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer 

Post#1 » by dgr81 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:01 pm

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/report-nba-executives-believe-teams-didnt-offer-top-assets-at-deadline-because-kawhi-leonard-bradley-beal-could-be-available-in-offseason/

While there were some fairly big trades completed prior to the trade deadline earlier this week, there were not any major fireworks.

According to a recent report, some executives believe that trades involving top assets were not involved because some around the league think superstars Kawhi Leonard and Bradley Beal could be available this offseason.

“A round of phone calls with front office executives clarifies this tremendously: Teams didn’t offer their best assets now because Bradley Beal and Kawhi Leonard could be available this summer, and if you empty the cupboard now you’ll never be in position to get them then,” TrueHoop’s Tom Haberstroh reported.

If Beal or Leonard were to become available this summer, it would create major shockwaves throughout the NBA.

Beal is considered to be one of the top players in the NBA despite the fact that he has remained on the floundering Washington Wizards.

As for Leonard, he is regarded as one of the top closers and two-way stars in the league. That is true despite the Los Angeles Clippers’ collapse in the playoffs last season.

If one or both of the aforementioned players were to be put on the trading block this summer, there’s no doubt that teams around the league would put together their best packages to try to lure them.

Only time will tell if these two huge stars could be on the move in a matter of months.
Carter_Kobe
Sophomore
And1: 175

Re: Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer 

Post#2 » by Carter_Kobe » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:05 pm

Basically we get Beal and Kawhi + Ibaka and resign lowry.

Lowry
Beal
Kawhi
Siakam
Ibaka

Raps in 4. The dream lives
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,300

Re: Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer 

Post#4 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:10 pm

Wooooo... we all need to cheer for the Clippers to choke in the playoffs so he comes back home. The dream is still alive.

Funny how we don't care about sources when the news is potentially favorable for us lol
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,913

Post#5 » by T-d0t » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Kawhi would rather stay in LA and not win a title than go to a championship contender.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,714

Post#6 » by metafisical » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:12 pm

The most I am offering for Beal or Leonard is Hood and Baynes. I also demand 2 or 3 unprotected firsts for the burden of taking on Beal's or Leonard's contracts.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#7 » by mintsa » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:12 pm

Kawhi is coming back......this was Masai’s secret plan all along.

He knew, Kawhi knew.

Can wait until August......
TheRedRocket
Junior
And1: 351

Post#8 » by TheRedRocket » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 pm

I would think Pascal would need to be involved for a Beal deal. If Kawhi says yes to come back in condition for Beal, you make that trade.

Beal > Pandemic P
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#9 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:14 pm

T-d0t wrote:Kawhi would rather stay in LA and not win a title than go to a championship contender.

Would we even be a championship contender with him anymore?
No Lowry, no Ibaka, no Powell, no Gasol, no
Green. I’m not sure...
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#10 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:15 pm

TheRedRocket wrote:I would think Pascal would need to be involved for a Beal deal. If Kawhi says yes to come back in condition for Beal, you make that trade.

Beal > Pandemic P

Would we have the cap space to even sign Kawhi ?
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,913

Post#11 » by T-d0t » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:15 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
T-d0t wrote:Kawhi would rather stay in LA and not win a title than go to a championship contender.

Green. I’m not sure...

Who said I'm referring to him coming here LOL
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#12 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:17 pm

T-d0t wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:

Green. I’m not sure...

Who said I'm referring to him coming here LOL

I’m just posing a hypothetical question.
TheRedRocket
Junior
And1: 351

Post#13 » by TheRedRocket » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:19 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
TheRedRocket wrote:I would think Pascal would need to be involved for a Beal deal. If Kawhi says yes to come back in condition for Beal, you make that trade.

Beal > Pandemic P

Would we have the cap space to even sign Kawhi ?

Not right now but the Raptors would need to renounce a couple of people to get to that max slot.

You could also look at it for trading Pascal for Beal to get out of Pascal’s contract (3 year remaining vs 1 year + PO for Beal).
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,778

Post#15 » by DelAbbot » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:19 pm

He has proven this point twice now, by leaving SAS and TOR. I don't get why people are still delusional about him coming back to Canada.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,758

Post#17 » by ItsDanger » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Kawhi bought a house in LA recently probably because of commuting issues. The odds he leaves LA is slim to none. However, if Clippers lose in 2nd round badly, anything is possible.

Consider this: Are these "leaks" out there in order to put teams on the defensive and hence, at a disadvantage. I would not discount players/agents being involved at some level. Why? This helps orchestrate moves for themselves.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#18 » by J-Roc » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:23 pm

Same execs believed Giannis would be available and didn't maintain a team with a starting 5 of championship winning players.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#19 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Even if Kawhi leaves the Clippers. There is no way he comes here. There’s so many better teams out there that he can join and win with.
We’re in rebuild mode.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,915

Post#20 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Certainly Beal could be on the market, but Kawhi is UFA anyway.

Return to Toronto Raptors