ImageImageImageImageImage

Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mulamutti
Pro Prospect
And1: 775

Re: Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer 

Post#21 » by mulamutti » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:31 pm

TheRedRocket wrote:I would think Pascal would need to be involved for a Beal deal. If Kawhi says yes to come back in condition for Beal, you make that trade.

Beal > Pandemic P

Do you mean Paul or pascal? Or maybe both?
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,957

Re: Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer 

Post#22 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:37 pm

Masai's probably ending up in either LAC or Washington, so Morey and Riley are going to have to pivot to "um, uh... we're waiting on KAT now."
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#23 » by Son Goku 25 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:41 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Kawhi bought a house in LA recently probably because of commuting issues. The odds he leaves LA is slim to none. However, if Clippers lose in 2nd round badly, anything is possible.

Consider this: Are these "leaks" out there in order to put teams on the defensive and hence, at a disadvantage. I would not discount players/agents being involved at some level. Why? This helps orchestrate moves for themselves.

Considering the Troll job Kawhi and his camp did, I wouldn't be surprised at all. And I haven't forgotten what they did, **them
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#24 » by Son Goku 25 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:42 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Even if Kawhi leaves the Clippers. There is no way he comes here. There’s so many better teams out there that he can join and win with.
We’re in rebuild mode.

I can definitely see him joining the heat and Lowry goes there for cheap.

Mia if I'm not mistaken has max slot, they can make moves to make room. Kawhi likes Jimmy and Lowry and it's warm.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#25 » by alienchild » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:44 pm

God Squad wrote:You guys are delusional lol

Water is wet.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#26 » by will » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:53 pm

mintsa wrote:Kawhi is coming back......this was Masai’s secret plan all along.

He knew, Kawhi knew.

Can wait until August......

HE KNOW.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#27 » by will » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:54 pm

God Squad wrote:You guys are delusional lol

10 years since you signed up to realgm...surely you know there is mass amounts of delusion on our board :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Raptors_128
Analyst
And1: 3,275

Post#28 » by Raptors_128 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:58 pm

This sounds like Miami and Pat Riley. Delusional. Kawhi is not leaving LA for anyone. The man walked away from a repeat for LA. Any other player would have ran it back for at least another year.

Miami missed on Harden and Lowry because they didn’t want to trade Lou Williams 2.0 after they just made the finals, crazy.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#29 » by agkagk » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:03 pm

If I’m the clippers I trade everyone else first.

Kind of pie in the sky and probably a bit of click baiting to assume he’s going to test free agency.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#30 » by Kingsway_fan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Totally irrelevant for toronto which has a history of never signing a decent free agent.

Now if masai was really smart, he would resign Norm, trade Fred, do a sign and trade of gtjr....

Now that would be impressive....
Lunchpailhero1
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,105

Post#31 » by Lunchpailhero1 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:21 pm

Not sure it will be him but this is why you always maintain flexibility.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,998

Post#32 » by anotherhomer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:30 pm

errr.....
Kawhi - the guy is staying in clippers. Steve Ballmer has mortgaged the entire future for Kawhi, so he's staying there, and has a lot of influence there
Beal - well he can get max with Washington, and Ujiri will help turn the team around (Sorry guys, he's going to Wizards duh)
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,480

Post#33 » by Spida888 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Doubt Kawhi leaves LA, a big reason for him going there was going back home and being with family. Beal can be available but still think he's a 2nd/3rd best guy on a contender. He'll be essentially be an expiring with that player option, and his next contract will be huge.
ac1011990
Junior
And1: 986

Post#35 » by ac1011990 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:47 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:Totally irrelevant for toronto which has a history of never signing a decent free agent.

Now if masai was really smart, he would resign Norm, trade Fred, do a sign and trade of gtjr....

Now that would be impressive....

I love the “ if masai was really smart” bit, if Masai leaves, I nominate you to fill his position, screw Bobby, it’s you I want. How were they so dumb, they let the championship piece in Norm get away. I vividly remember Norm turning our 9 game losing streak to a marvellous 9 game winning streak where we blew out all of our opponents by 50 points, stupid Masai!!!
planetmars
Sixth Man
And1: 1,437

Post#36 » by planetmars » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:48 pm

These two guys aren't leaving. Kawhi will sign his vet max which is 35% of the cap or starting value of $39M (same as what Giannis got). Beal loves Washington.. he's a broken record at this point about staying. He's sinking with that ship.

I bet the exec was Ainge, and gave an excuse as to why he wouldn't give up some picks for Vucevic.
canada_dry
Head Coach
And1: 5,278

Post#37 » by canada_dry » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:05 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Wooooo... we all need to cheer for the Clippers to choke in the playoffs so he comes back home. The dream is still alive.

Funny how we don't care about sources when the news is potentially favorable for us lol
Haberstroh is a well known name...lol

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,574

Post#38 » by bluerap23 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:08 pm

Gary Trent trade makes a Beal trade easier to execute.
Michael Bradley
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#39 » by Michael Bradley » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:27 pm

The Clippers and Lakers could both say they are tanking in 2021-22, and Kawhi would still sign with one of them. If he left the Raptors after 2019, then it makes very little sense for him to come back with a vastly inferior roster behind him. It's a nice dream, but not happening. Beal is an actual possibility since it would involve a trade.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#40 » by Danny1616 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:32 pm

I doubt Kawhi leaves LA, BUT I could see him join a team like the Warriors that are still located in California. San Francisco is only like a 1 hour fight to LA.

Kawhi doesn't seem particularly happy with the Clippers roster. He probably realizes by now that George wasn't the best fit for him, and I'm sure deep inside he regrets leaving an established veteran roster that fit perfectly next to him like the team we had last year. Unless the Clippers make it to the conference finals or finals, I honestly see him seriously doubting continuing with that team. They have no draft picks or future assets.

Now, on the other hand, he may just care about securing max dollar. He can get the ultimate super max now. We'll see.

Joining Curry, the growth of Wiseman and the return of Klay could be enticing for him to get one last crack at another championship while remaining in the state of California.

Return to Toronto Raptors