ImageImageImageImageImage

Lou Will appreciation

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Re: Lou Will appreciation 

Post#21 » by Clemenza » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:30 pm

esqtvd wrote:yes that was the org's scapegoat narrative and 3 of the 4 are gone now
but the issues persist
the overreliance on the Lou and Trezz Show was the front office's fault
the problem remains that the rest of the team doesn't step up
33 points in the second half of a Game 7 can't even win in the NCAA

now we're hoping Rondo can magically cure it all
maybe he can
he better

He's not going to magically cure things but the pieces are in place for him to help the team play much better in crunch time as opposed to last season. New coach, more of a motion offense, Ibaka and Batum added, Zu playing more, Mann and Kennard potentially stepping up, lock down defenders in Kawhi, PG, Mann, and Pat Bev, etc.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,802

Post#22 » by esqtvd » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:45 pm

from Lou on Instagram

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 146

Post#23 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:22 am

esqtvd wrote:Unlike so many NBAers, and so many guys who ran through here, Lou outplayed his contract. By miles. We are in his debt.

I absolutely agree!!
I also agree with your other post: with Lou gone, I don't even know what this team is anymore. No personality! NO identity!!! :nonono:
And somehow, it doesn't feel right at all.... Rondo?!! Are you kidding me?!! This DISGUSTING trade is making me lose interest in this organization... Somehow it doesn't really matter if they're winning or losing...
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,802

Post#24 » by esqtvd » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:50 am

BenchOnaQUEST wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Unlike so many NBAers, and so many guys who ran through here, Lou outplayed his contract. By miles. We are in his debt.

I absolutely agree!!
I also agree with your other post: with Lou gone, I don't even know what this team is anymore. No personality! NO identity!!! :nonono:
And somehow, it doesn't feel right at all.... Rondo?!! Are you kidding me?!! This DISGUSTING trade is making me lose interest in this organization... Somehow it doesn't really matter if they're winning or losing...

Mrs. TVD isn't a sports fan but when she does pay attention, it's the Clippers. She knows Kawhi of course but when I told her we just dumped Lou she said the same thing. I mean she knows who the Unibrow is more than our army of interchangeable robots.

BTW, ever notice that Kennard moves like R2D2? Forward/backward, right or left. No angles, no curves. :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#25 » by NickP » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:07 am

I sure appreciate what Lou did but reading some posts in this thread makes me wonder if we just traded Lebron :)
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 956

Post#26 » by clipperlover » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:11 pm

Lou Williams wasn't traded because we couldn't use his talents. Lou Williams was traded because Patrick Beverley cannot stay healthy. Because PB can't stay on the court, it leaves a big hole that we had to fill. We couldn't trade PB because of his health, so the only piece we could give up is Lou. If we could have moved PB for Rondo, then I think we would have done that, but we couldn't.

I wish Lou well. Lou will be able to help the Hawks in ways that Rondo couldn't. With McMillan as coach and the addition of Lou, the Hawks can make a serious run at the #4 seed in the East.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 524

Post#27 » by Kelphus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:07 am

Lou Williams let us down when he decided to go to the strip club before the playoffs last year. I don't care how good those wings are, he lost sight of the big picture in that moment. But except for that, he was great for us, often provided a big spark later in the game. Earned his 6th MOY trophies and then some.

I really don't know if he was that important to us this year. At times he seemed to be da man, but then the recent 2 for 10 game. If you look at his season stats over the four years he was VERY consistent on FG% and 3Pt%.

His 3pt% this year was second highest of his entire career. Minutes were down, points and rebounds down commensurately.

But yes, we needed a point guard, and we got one.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#28 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:38 am

clipperlover wrote:Lou Williams wasn't traded because we couldn't use his talents. Lou Williams was traded because Patrick Beverley cannot stay healthy. Because PB can't stay on the court, it leaves a big hole that we had to fill. We couldn't trade PB because of his health, so the only piece we could give up is Lou. If we could have moved PB for Rondo, then I think we would have done that, but we couldn't.

I wish Lou well. Lou will be able to help the Hawks in ways that Rondo couldn't. With McMillan as coach and the addition of Lou, the Hawks can make a serious run at the #4 seed in the East.

I do agree with this but I think its a toss up between letting go of Lou Will vs Beverly. Lou Will was so ball dominate that it was hard to unleash a Mann, Zu, or Kennard on the second unit. Now with him gone the ball is moving more and Mann is starting to break out. It kind of became quite clear during that 22 point comeback against Atlanta last week. Pat Bev is always hurt but if he's somehow playable his defense will be a great asset. If he's not healthy for this upcoming playoffs I could see us moving on from him in the offseason if there's any takers
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#29 » by 50CalClips » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:35 am

Lou Williams -- fun while we had him.

Got his 15,000 points :thumbsup:
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,624

Post#30 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:53 pm

Frankly I don't really have anything negative to say about Lou or Trezz or the way we used them (on the whole) in the couple of previous years. We weren't a great team, they were good players, so we played them.

Yes there were tactical mistakes here and there, but overall I look back very positively on their time here, and their pick-and-roll game together was absolute butter.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 956

Post#31 » by clipperlover » Wed Apr 7, 2021 11:18 pm

Don't know if anyone has been paying attention, but the Hawks are undefeated since Lou Will started playing for them. He is more of a fit for them than Rondo was and Rondo is more of a fit here than Lou was. i think the trade is a win-win for both teams and Lou gets a chance to help advance his hometown team in the playoffs. We get a major missing piece that helps us on the court, but more importantly is able to step right into the PG role when Beverley is out yet again.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,804

Post#32 » by og15 » Thu Apr 8, 2021 1:55 pm

clipperlover wrote:Don't know if anyone has been paying attention, but the Hawks are undefeated since Lou Will started playing for them. He is more of a fit for them than Rondo was and Rondo is more of a fit here than Lou was. i think the trade is a win-win for both teams and Lou gets a chance to help advance his hometown team in the playoffs. We get a major missing piece that helps us on the court, but more importantly is able to step right into the PG role when Beverley is out yet again.

They lost to Memphis, but 4-1 is still pretty good. They blew out the Pelicans twice, sees like the Pelicans can't matchup with them, and they took on from GS and SAS. GS's bench, not surprisingly could not give them adequate help.

I forgot that him and Gallo are reunited on that team. That's a very nice offensive bench combination.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers