20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Re: 20-21 OKC Thunder Regular Season News 

Post#541 » by Old Man Game » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:07 pm

Remember Baze? What happened to him? We don't even get injury updates on him anymore.

Sent from my moto g power using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#542 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:46 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Remember Baze? What happened to him? We don't even get injury updates on him anymore.

He’s still out today with a shoulder injury. He fills like a guy that could be moved at the deadline next year if he doesn’t get better.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
acheema0
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#543 » by acheema0 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:46 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Remember Baze? What happened to him? We don't even get injury updates on him anymore.

He’s still out today with a shoulder injury. He fills like a guy that could be moved at the deadline next year if he doesn’t get better.

wonder how much value he would have. maybe he could be used to move up in the draft a bit if a team likes him. I think I'd lean more toward roby going forward than bazley. would like to see Bazley be more assertive he gives me Ferguson like vibes sometimes with how he's just running around
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#544 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:07 pm

acheema0 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

wonder how much value he would have. maybe he could be used to move up in the draft a bit if a team likes him. I think I'd lean more toward roby going forward than bazley. would like to see Bazley be more assertive he gives me Ferguson like vibes sometimes with how he's just running around

Well Cameron Payne was included in a trade that for us some decent value. I would guess that is about as good as it gets. I definitely agree about that Ferguson vibes.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#545 » by thedoppelganger » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Read on Twitter

Appreciate how hard we’re trying at this at least
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,017

Post#546 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:14 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't like this. Would be fine if that was a month ago. Now it's too late for the tank and it's lowering his trade value.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#547 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:37 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would be surprised if this don’t come with an off-season guarantee to Al
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#548 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:53 pm

I hope Presti ''knows'' he can trade him for neutral value in the offseason
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#549 » by jake_swivel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:27 am

ThunderBolt wrote:I would be surprised if this don’t come with an off-season guarantee to Al

Hmm. I mean, I wouldn't guarantee Al anything if it meant giving up value to move him.

Very, very strange.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#550 » by jake_swivel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:34 am

Dadouv47 wrote:Don't like this. Would be fine if that was a month ago. Now it's too late for the tank and it's lowering his trade value.

I don't think it lowers Al's value. I don't think Al was capable of playing any better than he has been and other teams understand the situation. Al proved he's still a capable player and at this point, there is only risk in continuing to play him, both injury-wise and wins-wise.

This is one of the weirder seasons of basketball I've seen from a team. So many different considerations. They wanted to build draft capital, develop players, attempt to get Al tradeable, keep Shai happy, and still have good team culture. And it all went wrong by being too good at development and culture.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Sam's meetings to see how he felt about the season and what the plans are.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#551 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:40 am

Guess a Horford / Williams package is even more likely now. Could be the reason why Presti didn't trade Kenrich at the deadline.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#552 » by Devilanche » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:32 am

jake_swivel wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I would be surprised if this don’t come with an off-season guarantee to Al

Hmm. I mean, I wouldn't guarantee Al anything if it meant giving up value to move him.

Very, very strange.

It depends , maybe a team had some exploratory talks on AL over the last deadline but can only make moves for him in the offseason .

We needed to proof he can still play . He has proven that . His contract will be a year shorter come the offseason . Team can probably avoid paying much value for him over say bidding for a UFA and overpaying in terms of money and/or years
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#553 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:51 am

jake_swivel wrote:

Very, very strange.

The thunder are overly accommodating to players that are respected around the league, so i dont know. Overall it looks like one of presti’s worst trade of the rebuild. It’s not horrible but it was unnecessary and hurt our draft position.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#554 » by Devilanche » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:00 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Very, very strange.

The thunder are overly accommodating to players that are respected around the league, so i dont know. Overall it looks like one of presti’s worst trade of the rebuild. It’s not horrible but it was unnecessary and hurt our draft position.

How much of him being around have helped to unlock our younger players skills? Or improve their learning skills
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#555 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:04 am

Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Very, very strange.

How much of him being around have helped to unlock our younger players skills? Or improve their learning skills

I think Horford has been great for that. He’s been great for Shai. The problem is everyone have been too good. No one thought Shai was this good. Al was supposed to be cooked. Kenny Hustle is a bad man and David Robinson is like a poor man’s Moses brown. This team is the most baffling thunder team ever. I would love to keep Al and let him play. We just can do that if it costs us draft positioning.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#556 » by Devilanche » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:20 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:The thunder are overly accommodating to players that are respected around the league, so i dont know. Overall it looks like one of presti’s worst trade of the rebuild. It’s not horrible but it was unnecessary and hurt our draft position.

I think Horford has been great for that. He’s been great for Shai. The problem is everyone have been too good. No one thought Shai was this good. Al was supposed to be cooked. Kenny Hustle is a bad man and David Robinson is like a poor man’s Moses brown. This team is the most baffling thunder team ever. I would love to keep Al and let him play. We just can do that if it costs us draft positioning.

I think this season has been good on all accounts other than the below
1) our draft picks - cause we are outperforming
2) the first rounder we owed . Still a 50-50 for houston
3) Bazely performance . Abit inconsistent for our liking
4) poku early season performance . But even then he has been trending up since the G league
5) not being able to move mike muscala and justin Jackson at the deadline even if it’s for cash.

Note : it seems that it was a deliberate attempt by presti to not use up more of our salary floor this season perhaps as an additional payment to the younger ones on the team for their effort this year so I wouldn’t look too much into not reaching the floor .
mr570
Senior
And1: 290

Post#557 » by mr570 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:48 am

Poku dunk. Whew lads.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#558 » by jake_swivel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:44 am

Tough stretch coming up. Should be favored to win 2 of the next 10. Hopefully it's demoralizing.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#559 » by jake_swivel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:50 am

Shoulder injuries are weird to rehab. It’s a really complicated joint because it doesn’t just hinge in one direction. It’s usually not the kind of injury where you just need to rest it, because the cause of the injury is often a weakness in the stabilizing back muscles. That means the rehab takes a lot of time to build up muscles in your back and rear delt. Those are the kinds of muscles that a lot of young dudes have literally never even tried to work on.

(Source: my shoulder has hurt for like 5 years now)
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#560 » by Old Man Game » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:59 am

jake_swivel wrote:Tough stretch coming up. Should be favored to win 2 of the next 10. Hopefully it's demoralizing.

Was looking at the schedule. 27 games remaining. I think we could go 4 and 23. We've got the Wiz and the Pistons twice each. Raptors Twice also and Cavs once. They're the only ones I really worry about winning but you got to think we won't win them all and if we're really all in on the "develop young players" thing they're honestly all losable. Lot depends on how long they can convince Shai to stay on the shelf.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder