Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread (Trade deadline activity here) 

Post#1301 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:38 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:[tweet]1375206

Another missed opportunity for Presti.
Read on Twitter

Just teasing you, man. 8-)
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#1302 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:43 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:[tweet]1375206

Another missed opportunity for Presti.
Read on Twitter

Just teasing you, man. 8-)

Not american and not a fan of NFL so I don't understand those trades at all.

I guess Presti would love to be a NFL GM if you can collect 6 round picks :)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#1303 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:46 pm

Btw, I never criticized Presti about ''missed opportunity''. Can't complain with his ability to collect so many assets last two offseasons.

Not his fault if our roster is overperforming...

EDIT : I still don't get the Poku pick though even if I like to watch him dancing
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#1304 » by Dn4sty » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:35 am

So is it safe to say OKC actually improved today. The added another center who has flashed somewhat with Philly for a guy who was already off the roster.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#1305 » by thedoppelganger » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:18 am

Read on Twitter
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#1306 » by jake_swivel » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:51 am

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Heh, wow. So dipo had basically zero value. That’s wild.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1307 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:07 am

jake_swivel wrote:
thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Heh, wow. So dipo had basically zero value. That’s wild.

Rafael stone doesn’t have an easy job but he’s made some questionable decisions.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#1308 » by PhillyNj » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:17 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:OKC saved some money and got four 2nds in the last two weeks...not funny but that's ok.

Any potential for Tony Bradley?

Sixers fans liked him.

I’m a Sixers fan. He’s pretty good could be your backup. He’s definitely better than I though when he got in Philly.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1309 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:20 am

PhillyNj wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:OKC saved some money and got four 2nds in the last two weeks...not funny but that's ok.

Any potential for Tony Bradley?

Sixers fans liked him.

I’m a Sixers fan. He’s pretty good could be your backup. He’s definitely better than I though when he got in Philly.

Or maybe our starter after today’s announcement.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#1310 » by Devilanche » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:43 am

Anyone knows what’s the full list of TPEs we have now ?

I remember reading we have a new one from the Ariza and George Hill trade . But it seems spotrac only has the TPE from the Ariza trade. Pretty sure we have used up the TPE from Gallo trade for the incoming from Ariza/Hill

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/cap/
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#1311 » by jake_swivel » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:46 am

Devilanche wrote:Anyone knows what’s the full list of TPEs we have now ?

I remember reading we have a new one from the Ariza and George Hill trade . But it seems spotrac only has the TPE from the Ariza trade. Pretty sure we have used up the TPE from Gallo trade for the incoming from Ariza/Hill

What's the benefit of trade exceptions when you're under the cap more than exception you have?
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1312 » by Devilanche » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:55 am

I think we have more in total TPEs than available cap space next season. That’s depending on the draft of course . I don’t believe draft hold counts against the TPEs
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1313 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:09 am

This is all I can find.

Read on Twitter
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1314 » by cjmcallist » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:59 am

Am I correct in remembering that if we use cap space to sign a FA we immediately renounce our trade exceptions?
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1315 » by Devilanche » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:58 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

This is all I can find.

Read on Twitter

Thanks , I remember reading that oubre TPE was used for the George hill returns ( rivers and Bradley ) and generating a new 10m TPE
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1316 » by Devilanche » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:00 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Am I correct in remembering that if we use cap space to sign a FA we immediately renounce our trade exceptions?

This is correct .

Keeping the TPEs only works if we have more in TPE than cap once we sign whoever is our first rounder for next draft. My understanding is that the draft picks cap hold all doesn’t count against TPEs . If I’m incorrect then it doesn’t make sense to hold the TPEs over cap
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#1317 » by cjmcallist » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:40 pm

Devilanche wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Am I correct in remembering that if we use cap space to sign a FA we immediately renounce our trade exceptions?

This is correct .

Keeping the TPEs only works if we have more in TPE than cap once we sign whoever is our first rounder for next draft. My understanding is that the draft picks cap hold all doesn’t count against TPEs . If I’m incorrect then it doesn’t make sense to hold the TPEs over cap

Got it. Thanks.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1318 » by Devilanche » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Devilanche wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

This is all I can find.

Read on Twitter

Thanks , I remember reading that oubre TPE was used for the George hill returns ( rivers and Bradley ) and generating a new 10m TPE

Not sure how to find the original tweet

From hollinger

Oklahoma City added to its staggering array of trade exceptions by creating a new one worth $9.6 million in the George Hill trade. In addition to owning every draft pick for all eternity, the Thunder now have exceptions worth $27.5 million, $12.8 million, $10.1 million, $9.5 million, $7.4 million, and $6.7 million.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#1319 » by Balkman32 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
Devilanche wrote:

This is correct .

Got it. Thanks.

I don't think this would restrict the Thunder in making an offer. I wonder if Presti is willing to sign a guy to an offer sheet this offseason. or if the plan to stink, prioritizes an offer sheet to a Ball or Collins.

One thing to note the Thunder 2022 FRP is owed to ATL if the picks falls outside the protected range of the Lottery.

Emoni Bates will probably be the #1 pick in the 2022 draft. The Thunder should try to load up on the lottery balls.

There are 27 games left this season with next year looking like another tank. That just leaves 109 games & 15 month until this team is putting its all on the line to built a team that can contend for a decade.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#1320 » by cjmcallist » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Balkman32 wrote:I don't think this would restrict the Thunder in making an offer. I wonder if Presti is willing to sign a guy to an offer sheet this offseason. or if the plan to stink, prioritizes an offer sheet to a Ball or Collins.

One thing to note the Thunder 2022 FRP is owed to ATL if the picks falls outside the protected range of the Lottery.

Emoni Bates will probably be the #1 pick in the 2022 draft. The Thunder should try to load up on the lottery balls.

There are 27 games left this season with next year looking like another tank. That just leaves 109 games & 15 month until this team is putting its all on the line to built a team that can contend for a decade.

Yeah, it's a good question. I'm sure that Presti wants at least one more year in the top 5 before adding pieces.

Doesn't Shai's extension kick in for the 2023 season? Said another way, I believe we have two seasons before Shai's max affects free agency.

If we keep it clean (rookies and minimums), we could still have mega space between 2022 and 2023 seasons anyway, even with his max. Assuming we move Horford and only bring in vet mins or rookie scales, we could have somewhere in the $40m range to throw at a free agent the same offseason that Shai signs his extension.

Someone needs to check me on all that math/CBA understanding.

Unfortunately, don't know who will sign with us that summer. Looks like most desirable FAs then are RFAs or unrealistic for OKC (e.g. Kyrie Irving).

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder