ImageImageImage

RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pels (Sat. 9PM EST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 831

Re: RS 20/21 - Mavs @ Pels (Sat. 9PM EST) 

Post#41 » by Teffer10 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:16 am

leolozon wrote:I see that THJ is killing it. I can't believe that some people want him gone. I doubt we find someone who can be a better offensive option. Even if we do, THJ can be a 4th option on a championship team and he likes to be here.

I wish JRich found his groove though. If he could hit his potential, the team wouldn't be far from contending status. It looks more and more like it won't happen though... He still has time to prove himself.

That is the problem with Timmy though....star or no-show.
Thank goodness he is playing at star level tonight.
If he could ever become consistent he'd be a legit #3 option.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,724

Post#42 » by leolozon » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:24 am

Teffer10 wrote:
leolozon wrote:I see that THJ is killing it. I can't believe that some people want him gone. I doubt we find someone who can be a better offensive option. Even if we do, THJ can be a 4th option on a championship team and he likes to be here.

I wish JRich found his groove though. If he could hit his potential, the team wouldn't be far from contending status. It looks more and more like it won't happen though... He still has time to prove himself.

That is the problem with Timmy though....star or no-show.losing.
Thank goodness he is playing at star level tonight.
If he could ever become consistent he'd be a legit #3 option.

Ideally, he's your 4th option and I don't mind as much having an inconsistent 4th option. In some series, it can actually be an advantage. If you're against a better team than you and a guy like THJ goes off, you're suddenly winning a game that you would have normally lost.

He's more often okay to good than bad too. This year, he has only 5 games where he shot under .300 from the field out of 42 games. 14/42 where he shot under .400. Considering nearly 60% of his shots are 3s, it's not bad.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#43 » by Pinkyring » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:36 am

Its amazing how terrible maxi is offensively without luka spoon feeding him
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#44 » by Pinkyring » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:15 am

30 for timmy -18 on the floor
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#45 » by agentofatlas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:37 am

Those punted games are starting to bite the Mavs in the ass.
BlueSan
Sixth Man
And1: 828

Post#46 » by BlueSan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:38 am

Rookies didnt play because Rick thought this was winnable, cause we hanged in there till the end or something?

I mean for ****'s sake

Also I dont see a point giving max amount of money to players to sit them down for every back to back. What is the point really. Not to mention they get injured anyway
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Post#47 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:40 am

agentofatlas wrote:Those punted games are starting to bite the Mavs in the ass.

I wonder how many we gifted away by now. has anyone done the maths?
agentofatlas
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#48 » by agentofatlas » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:43 am

dirkules_41 wrote:

They're 1-3 when Luka sits. Lone win was vs the Thunder before allstar break and KP played I think.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#49 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:07 am

agentofatlas wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

They're 1-3 when Luka sits. Lone win was vs the Thunder before allstar break and KP played I think.

1-4. Averaging 100 points.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Post#50 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:05 am

What a bunch of mediocre player, at least they are all FA this Summer.

J-Rich and Powell were terrible. I don't think that the rookies can plays worse than thems, it's impossible.
guille_4
Sixth Man
And1: 845

Post#51 » by guille_4 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:08 am

Luka's injury being in these 2 games is very unfortunate. These are games that the Mavs should have won, it won't be easy to recuperate and the 6th position is further and further away.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#52 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:10 am

41Dirk41 wrote:What a bunch of mediocre player, at least they are all FA this Summer.

J-Rich and Powell were terrible. I don't think that the rookies can plays worse than thems, it's impossible.

Unfortunately stats say they can.

https://www.nba.com/stats/team/1610612742/onoffcourt-summary/

But it's small sample size and I agree Mavs have nothing to lose in games like that. So they should play. Problem with benching Richardson is that you admit trade was a mistake.

Mavs have Luka, KP, THJ and Brunson. Then you have few role players, who can be in the court only with Luka, because they can shoot only totally open shots.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:27 am

Bob8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:What a bunch of mediocre player, at least they are all FA this Summer.

Don't view the stats like the holy bible my friend, without Luka on the floor you can see clearly who deserves a contract next year.

Probably you and the stats are right, the rookies are trash but i still prefer lose game with them on the court because it's obvious that without Luka this roster will lose against all other teams.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:28 am

I agree with your second part of the post...
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,764

Post#55 » by Archx » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:31 am

Pinkyring wrote:Its amazing how terrible maxi is offensively without luka spoon feeding him

I don't think he was that terrible. He was guarding Zion who was slamming into his body everytime he tried to go to the rim. And then was punished for that so refs gifted Zion a lot of FT's. But Maxi did miss a lot of open shots, that is true. Still don't think he would be better with Doncic. Those were makeable shots.

But i still don't understand how Zion can get to the line almost 20 times in a match, while Luka can't even have 5 or 6 FTA anymore and he's attacking the rim almost more than anyone. That's such BS. NBA is working overtime at getting Zion to the superstar status now that Lebron and their precious LaMelo are injured.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#56 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 am

41Dirk41 wrote:I agree with your second part of the post...

Yes, I edited my post. Rookies were awful, but they should get benefit of doubt, because sample size is very small and even Green, who played a little more, played in the most difficult part of the season with many players missing.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#57 » by Teffer10 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:51 am

Bob8 wrote:

But it's small sample size and I agree Mavs have nothing to lose in games like that. So they should play. Problem with benching Richardson is that you admit trade was a mistake.

Mavs have Luka, KP, THJ and Brunson. Then you have few role players, who can be in the court only with Luka, because they can shoot only totally open shots.

And RC doesn't have any other options defensively...especially after moving Iwundu.
Green might be a better option but the lack of involvement throughout the first half of the year makes him virtually impossible to play in the second half.

I don't blame Donnie for making that trade but we are basically in the same boat as last season in terms of defense now.
One of the biggest needs going into the off-season was getting better defensively so we substituted O for D with the Curry/JRich trade, traded Wright/Jackson for Johnson, signed Iwundu, and drafted Green and Bey.

JRich and Wright basically cancel each other out, Iwundu and Johnson get dealt for more offense, and Rick refuses to develop the others. We are basically back to where we were a year ago in terms of defense.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#58 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:56 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

And RC doesn't have any other options defensively...especially after moving Iwundu.
Green might be a better option but the lack of involvement throughout the first half of the year makes him virtually impossible to play in the second half.

Offseason was just a disaster. Richardson is playing way below expectations, Johnson and Iwundu are not anymore here, Burke is incredibly bad and rookies are not playing. I don't believe you can have worse offseason.
Teffer10
Head Coach

Post#59 » by Teffer10 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:07 am

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Offseason was just a disaster. Richardson is playing way below expectations, Johnson and Iwundu are not anymore here, Burke is incredibly bad and rookies are not playing. I don't believe you can have worse offseason.

I don't blame Donnie for making that trade but we are basically in the same boat as last season in terms of defense now.
One of the biggest needs going into the off-season was getting better defensively so we substituted O for D with the Curry/JRich trade, traded Wright/Jackson for Johnson, signed Iwundu, and drafted Green and Bey.

JRich and Wright basically cancel each other out, Iwundu and Johnson get dealt for more offense, and Rick refuses to develop the others. We are basically back to where we were a year ago in terms of defense.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#60 » by Bob8 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:11 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:And RC doesn't have any other options defensively...especially after moving Iwundu.

...and we're without Seth.

More or less all teams in front of us in standings improved their roster, Mavs are worse.

Return to Dallas Mavericks