RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: Official trade thread/buy-out market 20-21 edition 

Post#821 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:21 am

lakerRD wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
lakerRD wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
The Lakers have emerged as a strong frontrunner to sign free agent center Andre Drummond, sources tell ESPN.
4:45 PM · Mar 27, 2021·Twitter Web App

M Robinson also fractured his foot too ... negligence on the part of his agent if he doesn’t go back to the Knicks and say pay us big money so he can start here and help you to the playoffs

I want him on the lakers but that injury just changed a landscape of negotiations

I think Drummond still comes to LAL and Dieng now goes to the Knicks.

I hope Drummond comes here, just saying if I’m him I need my agent to call them real quick and see what’s up because they have money and a starting role there

I think it goes like this

- Drummond to Lakers
- Dieng to Heat
- Olynk to Knicks if bought out
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,832

Post#822 » by Beethoven » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:22 am

lakerRD wrote:Yeah LMA is off the list, although I never really thought he would be on our list anyway, since he's not what we need.

I'd be happy with either Olynyk/Drummond and Bradley/Porter.
one big, one wing .

and then we'd be set for the stretch run and playoffs

Olynyk? If hes getting bought out oh man i love this guy way more than Drummond

--
Aldridge to the nets sounds scary bc of all the big names but i think it is going to be a big mess there.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
kblo247
RealGM

Post#823 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:59 am

Drummond clears waivers on Sunday at 5 p.m. ET but is expected to formalize his decision to join the Lakers as soon as Sunday, a league source told ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31148988/los-angeles-lakers-front-runners-land-andre-drummond
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#824 » by iamworthy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:32 am

kblo247 wrote:
@wojespn
The Lakers have emerged as a strong frontrunner to sign free agent center Andre Drummond, sources tell ESPN.

M Robinson also fractured his foot too ... negligence on the part of his agent if he doesn’t go back to the Knicks and say pay us big money so he can start here and help you to the playoffs

I want him on the lakers but that injury just changed a landscape of negotiations

It would also be bad business practice if he and his agent gave a verbal commitment to the Lakers and go back on their word.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#825 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:00 am

iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
@wojespn

It would also be bad business practice if he and his agent gave a verbal commitment to the Lakers and go back on their word.

Did you know Pelinka used the be his agent?
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#826 » by iamworthy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:04 am

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:M Robinson also fractured his foot too ... negligence on the part of his agent if he doesn’t go back to the Knicks and say pay us big money so he can start here and help you to the playoffs

Did you know Pelinka used the be his agent?

yeah, I saw the draft video with Pelinka in the background
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#827 » by iamworthy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:47 am

If we do sign Drummond, what did Pelinka tell him to ensure he's in the fold for the long run and will get his money?
kblo247
RealGM

Post#828 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:53 am

iamworthy wrote:If we do sign Drummond, what did Pelinka tell him to ensure he's in the fold for the long run and will get his money?

I would assume come start now and if he wants to stay you promise him the tax mle so he can’t be traded next year without his permission and will take care of him later. The take care of him later part has to be proven because it hasn’t been done since Rick Fox.

I have a question though for you worthy ...

My question is if you get Drummond and AD/Bron are both out over the next two weeks, who do you start next to him Kieff or Marc?

I might start Drummond and Marc together so Marc spaces the floor and they do the old Zach/Marc routine and then let Kieff space the floor with Trez, THT, Wes, and Caruso?

That way Drummond can get used to playing with a second big, he can play high low, Marc can point out the rotations some for him, and all that. I just think Marc takes advantage of the lob threat better in the now and you get Marcs legs under him from covid while getting Drummonds legs under him too since he been sat forever.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#829 » by iamworthy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:04 am

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:If we do sign Drummond, what did Pelinka tell him to ensure he's in the fold for the long run and will get his money?

I would assume come start now and if he wants to stay you promise him the tax mle so he can’t be traded next year without his permission and will take care of him later. The take care of him later part has to be proven because it hasn’t been done since Rick Fox.

My question is if you get Drummond and AD/Bron are both out over the next two weeks, who do you start next to him Kieff or Marc?

I might start Drummond and Marc together so Marc spaces the floor and they do the old Zach/Marc routine and then let Kieff space the floor with Trez, THT, Wes, and Caruso?

That way Drummond can get used to playing with a second big, he can play high low, Marc can point out the rotations some for him, and all that. I just think Marc takes advantage of the lob threat better in the now and you get Marcs legs under him from covid while getting Drummonds legs under him too since he been sat forever.

Marc would get killed guarding 4s on defense though. I'd probably keep it simple and start kiefff. The backup big is going to be interesting. Is it Marc or Trez?
kblo247
RealGM

Post#830 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:22 am

iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

Marc would get killed guarding 4s on defense though. I'd probably keep it simple and start kiefff. The backup big is going to be interesting. Is it Marc or Trez?

I would maybe let Drummond guard the 4 to be honest with his mobility. I wasn’t thinking about that, just about how they can practice zones, high-low play, and both Drummond and Marc can get their legs.

I think you can play Marc and Trez together though. Let Trez be the 5 on O and 4 on D. Marc could plug the middle on D and defend the bigs who use size versus Trez, while Trez and Kuz hit the glass. Marc is a better floor spacer than Caruso, Tucker, and Wes. He’s a better passer too so Trez could get some easier shots.

Dennis / THT
KCP / Caruso
Kuzma / Wes
Kieff / Trez
Drummond / Marc

For 2-3 weeks could at least work possibly
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#831 » by iamworthy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:34 am

kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:I would assume come start now and if he wants to stay you promise him the tax mle so he can’t be traded next year without his permission and will take care of him later. The take care of him later part has to be proven because it hasn’t been done since Rick Fox.

I would maybe let Drummond guard the 4 to be honest with his mobility. I wasn’t thinking about that, just about how they can practice zones, high-low play, and both Drummond and Marc can get their legs.

I think you can play Marc and Trez together though. Let Trez be the 5 on O and 4 on D. Marc could plug the middle on D and defend the bigs who use size versus Trez, while Trez and Kuz hit the glass. Marc is a better floor spacer than Caruso, Tucker, and Wes. He’s a better passer too so Trez could get some easier shots.

Dennis / THT
KCP / Caruso
Kuzma / Wes
Kieff / Trez
Drummond / Marc

In that scenario kuz is playing the 3. Hasn't he struggled historically at that spot? My guess is we tell Marc he's going to the bench and get ready for the playoffs. If Lakers are ready to slide Drummond in at the 5 they surely aren't happy with Marc. Wojo reported as much. But he can still be key in the playoffs
ROballer
General Manager
And1: 2,752

Post#832 » by ROballer » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:41 am

Even a Gasol outright benching doesn't solve the problem.

You don't get Drummond to play Gasol's 15 min starting role. Harrell's time is up, he won't sniff over 20 mins a game again.

If I'm to guess anything, Drummond gets 28-30 mpg, Harrell the scraps of what's left, Gasol DNP-CD.

Neither will ever play together on the court at any time. That's even right now, not even talking about when Lebron/Davis come back.

And for the playoffs I expect for Gasol to take Harrell's spot. I don't see Harrell playing much if at all in the playoffs with Drummond/Davis/Gasol/Lebron healthy.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#833 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:45 am

iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

Dennis / THT
KCP / Caruso
Kuzma / Wes
Kieff / Trez
Drummond / Marc

In that scenario kuz is playing the 3. Hasn't he struggled historically at that spot? My guess is we tell Marc he's going to the bench and get ready for the playoffs. If Lakers are ready to slide Drummond in at the 5 they surely aren't happy with Marc. Wojo reported as much. But he can still be key in the playoffs

Kuz has played the 3 more this year than any before and really picked up his pf time since the injuries really rolled out. He’s fine there.

I think they play Marc and Trez together while AD and Bron are out. Marc is coming off being covid positive so he’s got to play his way into shape. Drummond hadn’t played since the cavs set him too so he has to play his way in shape. And then AD is going to have to play himself into shape. What I’m thinking is that Kieff, Marc, Drummond, and Trez can all get minutes for a few weeks. Then when the playoffs come we will see Marc and Kieff being situational. I also think Kuz and KCP is going to eat up the time up on the perimeter along with Dennis playing 30 plus a night. I expect Caruso to get teen minutes and THT and Wes to be used in spots too for the playoffs.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#834 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:58 am

We get Drummond, that brings down denvers Aaron Gordon and Joker, clamps down on utahs Gobert and pounds Ibaka for the clipps. I would be satisfied with his signing vs the Western conference interior play.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
kblo247
RealGM

Post#835 » by kblo247 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:00 am

LAKESHOW wrote:We get Drummond, that brings down denvers Aaron Gordon and Joker, clamps down on utahs Gobert and pounds Ibaka for the clipps. I would be satisfied with his signing vs the Western conference interior play.

It may sound silly but it helps you pound Kanter too. People forget the reason they beat Denver and got to the wcf years ago was Kanter beat the hell out of Jokic that series and he’s a monster on the offensive glass
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#836 » by Ball so hard » Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:44 am

ROballer wrote:Even a Gasol outright benching doesn't solve the problem.

You don't get Drummond to play Gasol's 15 min starting role. Harrell's time is up, he won't sniff over 20 mins a game again.

If I'm to guess anything, Drummond gets 28-30 mpg, Harrell the scraps of what's left, Gasol DNP-CD.

Neither will ever play together on the court at any time. That's even right now, not even talking about when Lebron/Davis come back.

And for the playoffs I expect for Gasol to take Harrell's spot. I don't see Harrell playing much if at all in the playoffs with Drummond/Davis/Gasol/Lebron healthy.

In the event you are right, this could be problematic for many reasons. Harrell is likely to be very disgruntled and could possibly cause issues in the locker room. I would guess Harrell may have been promised a significant role when he decided to join in the offseason; now he's almost entirely out of the rotation. This is also obviously not conducive to his getting a big payday next offseason. We may have squandered an opportunity to get almost anything of value for Harrell at the trade deadline... I know hindsight is 20/20.
ROballer
General Manager

Post#837 » by ROballer » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:00 pm

Ball so hard wrote:
ROballer wrote:Even a Gasol outright benching doesn't solve the problem.

In the event you are right, this could be problematic for many reasons. Harrell is likely to be very disgruntled and could possibly cause issues in the locker room. I would guess Harrell may have been promised a significant role when he decided to join in the offseason; now he's almost entirely out of the rotation. This is also obviously not conducive to his getting a big payday next offseason. We may have squandered an opportunity to get almost anything of value for Harrell at the trade deadline... I know hindsight is 20/20.

It's the same thing happening in Brooklyn. Jordan, Aldridge, Griffin, Claxton and Jeff Green.
But 3/5 of those guys can actually shoot the 3 so they can pair those guys together in stretches so that they don't only split the 48 mins from the C position. And they are veteran ring chasers, not 27 year olds FA like Drummond and Harrell.

You can't ever do that with Harrell/Drummond. You're clogging the lane into oblivion. I can see a Marc/Harrell lineup on some spot occasions but not often, and only while Davis is out. When Davis is in alongside Kuzma and Morris, you already have a logjam at the 4 to worry about giving some minutes there to the 5's.

I already stated the same a few weeks back. If you get Drummond, you trade Harrell everyday.
They are both 27 and FA and looking to get paid. One of them is gonna pout about his role eventually and my money's on Harrell.

Oasislover
Ballboy
And1: 8

Official trade thread/buy-out market 20-21 edition 

Post#838 » by Oasislover » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when is the first game he can play
ROballer
General Manager

Post#839 » by ROballer » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Probably as soon as Milwaukee in 3 days.

He stayed ready, I saw multiple posts made on insta by his trainer. Not like he missed 1.5 months because of an injury and he didn't train at all.

Ok, maybe not game ready but his conditioning is more than enough to handle 20 mins in his first few games.

chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#840 » by chefy » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Let’s goooooo

Return to Los Angeles Lakers