ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 268 in MSG Usman vs Colby 2, Rose vs Zhang 2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 260 Stipe vs Ngannou 2 (winner fights Jon Jones) 

Post#1601 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:26 pm

Stipe coming in even lighter than the first fight signals to me that he intends to do a lot moving and counter punching in the fight to wear Francis down again. Going through two fights with DC has to have helped Stipe whereas Ngannou hasn't been tested ... since Stipe.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: Official MMA discussion thread pt 2: UFC 260 Stipe vs Ngannou 2 (winner fights Jon Jones) 

Post#1602 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:25 am

Calm Francis just left a hole where Stipe used to be
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1603 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:52 am

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1604 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:18 am

I can’t wait for Francis and Jon Jones to fight.

Do you think Stipe demands a rematch or retires?
Free Palestine
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#1605 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:52 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I can’t wait for Francis and Jon Jones to fight.

I don't think that is the fight to make. It's clear Francis improved. He needs another opponent.

I think Gane and Jones have the tools to him give major problems. That's about it with Carwin and Lesner out of the picture.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#1606 » by GEOLINK » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:02 am

Ngannou 2.0 is a scary sight

Jones might have to rethink this move up now lmao
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1607 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:05 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:

I don't think that is the fight to make. It's clear Francis improved. He needs another opponent.

I think Gane and Jones have the tools to him give major problems. That's about it with Carwin and Lesner out of the picture.

Dana just came out and said that Jones should go down to 185 as opposed to fighting Ngannou. :lol:
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,788

Post#1608 » by Stannis » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:19 am

Jones-Stipe

Winner fights Francis
Free Palestine
HighRyzer83
RealGM

Post#1609 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:09 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:

Dana just came out and said that Jones should go down to 185 as opposed to fighting Ngannou. :lol:

Lol did you see the tweet from Jones after Francis won. He said show me the money. Seems like he's already ducking my pricing himself out. Idk if you really want to fight somebody, money isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Especially when you just signed the contract and know what you're getting.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1610 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:24 am

HighRyzer83 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:I don't think that is the fight to make. It's clear Francis improved. He needs another opponent.

Lol did you see the tweet from Jones after Francis won. He said show me the money. Seems like he's already ducking my pricing himself out. Idk if you really want to fight somebody, money isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Especially when you just signed the contract and know what you're getting.

Great point. Agreed.
Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1611 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:07 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Dana just came out and said that Jones should go down to 185 as opposed to fighting Ngannou.

Great point. Agreed.

Did Jones sign a new contract?
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#1612 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:14 pm

Super happy for Ngannou. Stipe is a great guy but he had a taste of the belt already. I usually root for the challenger
HighRyzer83
RealGM

Post#1613 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:35 pm

GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:Lol did you see the tweet from Jones after Francis won. He said show me the money. Seems like he's already ducking my pricing himself out. Idk if you really want to fight somebody, money isn't the first thing that comes to mind. Especially when you just signed the contract and know what you're getting.

Great point. Agreed.

Indeed he did
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#1614 » by NY 567 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Francis Ngannou is the most terrifying human being on the planet. The guy has an aura of intimidation and destruction around him that hasn't existed since Mike Tyson at his peak. You're going to see guys terrified to fight him, Jon Jones is undefeated and arguably the MMA GOAT and he clearly wants absolutely nothing to do with that monster. The speed, size, strength and bone crushing power this guy possess are ungodly. Hats off to Stipe though, he survived some insane damage and if he could have survived a little longer, he might have been able to make a fight of it. He buckled Francis with a pretty heavy shot and got too excited, he rushed in and made it a firefight and paid the price.

As far as the rest of the card goes, its sad to see how Tyron Woodley fell off so hard so fast. The guy was untouchable and then seemingly got old overnight. At least he went out on his shield last night, guy was throwing heat even when badly hurt, so respect to him.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1615 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:40 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Great point. Agreed.

Indeed he did
When did that go down?

As of last month, he was still saying this:

Read on Twitter
?s=19
HighRyzer83
RealGM

Post#1616 » by HighRyzer83 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:51 pm

GONYK wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:
GONYK wrote:Did Jones sign a new contract?

Indeed he did
When did that go down?

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Dana said he would fight the winner of Stipe/Ngannou. Hmm..
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1617 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:53 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:Indeed he did
When did that go down?

Read on Twitter
?s=19

That's a plan, maybe even a verbal agreement. Not a contract though.

Jones is making it clear all over Twitter today that he hasn't seen numbers that he's agreed to and signed on the dotted line for.

Calm Francis vs Bones should yield both fighters life securing money.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1618 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:39 pm

GONYK wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:
GONYK wrote:When did that go down?

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Jones is making it clear all over Twitter today that he hasn't seen numbers that he's agreed to and signed on the dotted line for.

A promise for a promise can be a contract if one of the parties relied on that promise to their own detriment. It’s called “promissory estoppel.”

So, if Mr. White did indeed make that promise to Mr. Jones who then subsequently declines a huge offer from Bellator based on his reliance on White’s offer, then the conditions for a contract and breach thereof have been met.

Free Palestine
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1619 » by GONYK » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:59 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HighRyzer83 wrote:Dana said he would fight the winner of Stipe/Ngannou. Hmm..

A promise for a promise can be a contract if one of the parties relied on that promise to their own detriment. It’s called “promissory estoppel.”

So, if Mr. White did indeed make that promise to Mr. Jones who then subsequently declines a huge offer from Bellator based on his reliance on White’s offer, then the conditions for a contract and breach thereof have been met.

So Dana better pay up, so Bones doesn't sue!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1620 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:19 pm

GONYK wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
GONYK wrote:That's a plan, maybe even a verbal agreement. Not a contract though.

So Dana better pay up, so Bones doesn't sue!

I only responded to your comment that this "wasn't a contract."

What happens after that is none of my concern.

Addendum: I will add that if Dana in fact made him a firm promise, and Jones did in fact pass up a lucrative offer from another organization, then definitely yes, Jones should sue.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks