ImageImageImage

Evan Fournier Appreciation Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Re: Welcome to Boston, Evan Fournier! 

Post#121 » by Wes-J » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:54 pm

If Ainge is serious about extending him (and I believe him), they shouldn't mess around and play him off the bench as a sixth man.

Yeah I'm only speculating but most players want to start, I believe that played a factor in Hayward going to Charlotte.
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#122 » by jirrit » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:39 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Ernest wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Sure.

But I'm talking about an extension. Even before he becomes UFA. Can we do that? Are we trying to offer him an extension? That's what I am curious about.

Danny can't talk about these things in public but maybe media has picked up on extension chatter from agents, sources inside the org, etc.

I don't know. It used to be that we had poster around here that new that kind of stuff. After the Fournier trade I asked how much do we need to lose to get under the tax again and no one knew. This place used to be somewhere you could go to learn how the NBA works. Lately it has become a bunch of people posting memes and hating on everything.

I personally still learn a lot and enjoy some of the back-and-forth. I come here not just for knowledge but a bit of fun and escape too, so the gifs and memes don't bother me at all. You just have to wade through a ton of garbage (80% of which I contribute to) before finding what you're looking for. If one doesn't have the time and patience, just put certain people on ignore or avoid the trade season threads and game threads altogether.

I never even considered using the ignore button but maybe I should try it out. Any tips who to add to it?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,670

Post#123 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:52 pm

jirrit wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Ernest wrote:

I don't know. It used to be that we had poster around here that new that kind of stuff. After the Fournier trade I asked how much do we need to lose to get under the tax again and no one knew. This place used to be somewhere you could go to learn how the NBA works. Lately it has become a bunch of people posting memes and hating on everything.

I personally still learn a lot and enjoy some of the back-and-forth. I come here not just for knowledge but a bit of fun and escape too, so the gifs and memes don't bother me at all. You just have to wade through a ton of garbage (80% of which I contribute to) before finding what you're looking for. If one doesn't have the time and patience, just put certain people on ignore or avoid the trade season threads and game threads altogether.

I never even considered using the ignore button but maybe I should try it out. Any tips who to add to it?

Anyone who posts at least 20 a day would be a good start. Also, CrowderKeg and ConstableGeneva. **** those guys.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#124 » by Bleeding Green » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Wes-J wrote:If Ainge is serious about extending him (and I believe him), they shouldn't mess around and play him off the bench as a sixth man.

Yeah I'm only speculating but most players want to start, I believe that played a factor in Hayward going to Charlotte.

Yeah but Hayward started every single game he played once he was done with the initial slow ramp-up in 2018.

I definitely expect Fournier to start. I really hope they go small sometimes and just run their five best players. Walker/Smart/Fournier/Brown/Tatum.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach

Post#125 » by Wes-J » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:49 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Wes-J wrote:If Ainge is serious about extending him (and I believe him), they shouldn't mess around and play him off the bench as a sixth man.

Yeah but Hayward started every single game he played once he was done with the initial slow ramp-up in 2018.

I definitely expect Fournier to start. I really hope they go small sometimes and just run their five best players. Walker/Smart/Fournier/Brown/Tatum.

I got the impression from the Brad presser he's looking forward to having Evan off the bench.
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#126 » by robdog_5 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:52 pm

Brad has had the worst bench in the league all year. It's a big relief to not have to manufacture points from 3 guys all games
Wes-J
Assistant Coach

Post#127 » by Wes-J » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:09 am

Wes-J wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:

I got the impression from the Brad presser he's looking forward to having Evan off the bench.

That was poor phrasing on my part, I meant that Hayward was not happy in his role being a factor.
Ernest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,271

Post#128 » by Ernest » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:15 pm

jirrit wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Ernest wrote:

I just started really using it. Can read through pages twice as fast now. Basically just ignoring the posters who continually make one like, "fire Ainge posts" I mean if someone that opinion on Ainge, why would I take their opinion on anything else seriously?
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#129 » by 24istheLAW » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:13 pm

Wes-J wrote:
Wes-J wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:Yeah but Hayward started every single game he played once he was done with the initial slow ramp-up in 2018.

That was poor phrasing on my part, I meant that Hayward was not happy in his role being a factor.

Basically, there's two separate issues here:
1) Who nominally gets the "start"
2) Who plays how much, and with who

Regarding the latter issue, it is pretty evident IMO that the Celtics are best off with Kemba overlapping as little as possible with the other starters. Smart-Fournier-Brown-Tatum-RW3 can switch 1-5, and Fournier doesn't need to dribble as much as Kemba.

Regarding the former issue, like to think that Fournier will be more amenable than Hayward to his role being smaller. Hayward was an All-Star in Utah, and he was more of a ballhandler than Fournier, and he probably (correctly) felt that things should be done better at the offensive end sometimes. On the other hand, EF he had a nice big role in Orlando and the team sucked. He's a good ball mover but I don't think you'll get a passive aggressive situation where he's less involved than he wants to be (and should be), but can't demand the ball or actually jockey for touches on the floor.
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#130 » by Jaqua92 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:27 pm

24istheLAW wrote:
Wes-J wrote:
Wes-J wrote:

Basically, there's two separate issues here:
1) Who nominally gets the "start"
2) Who plays how much, and with who

Regarding the latter issue, it is pretty evident IMO that the Celtics are best off with Kemba overlapping as little as possible with the other starters. Smart-Fournier-Brown-Tatum-RW3 can switch 1-5, and Fournier doesn't need to dribble as much as Kemba.

Regarding the former issue, like to think that Fournier will be more amenable than Hayward to his role being smaller. Hayward was an All-Star in Utah, and he was more of a ballhandler than Fournier, and he probably (correctly) felt that things should be done better at the offensive end sometimes. On the other hand, EF he had a nice big role in Orlando and the team sucked. He's a good ball mover but I don't think you'll get a passive aggressive situation where he's less involved than he wants to be (and should be), but can't demand the ball or actually jockey for touches on the floor.
This is an awesome post.

Is he playing tonight?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
DarkAzcura
General Manager
And1: 7,150

Post#131 » by DarkAzcura » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:30 pm

Hope he is playing tonight to give us a boost.

We are 7-5 in the last 12 games that Kemba has played. 0-6 in the last 6 that he hasn’t played due to back to backs. Mainly because of how offensively deficient we become.

If Kemba played in those 6 back to backs, we are probably 25-20 instead of 22-23 to be honest. Hoping Evan can provide that boost.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,689

Post#132 » by GoCeltics123 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,063

Post#133 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:28 pm

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of freaking course he is...
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#134 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:07 pm

Honestly pretty hilarious if they trade for him and then he just spends the whole season out because of the safety protocol. At least he'd probably be cheap to re-sign.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,372

Post#135 » by titlebound1 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:15 pm

So he's out for 2 weeks then?? This is ridiculous
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#136 » by Red2 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:33 pm

So our prized acquisition can’t play due to health and safety protocol? WTF??
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,431

Post#137 » by Jaqua92 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:26 am

I was wondering why Wagner was able to play last night.

What's the deal? Is this just Brad Stevens being cautious about what to do with the lineup so he doesn't hurt his fragile player's feelings?

themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#138 » by themoneyteam2 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:19 am

Jaqua92 wrote:I was wondering why Wagner was able to play last night.

What's the deal? Is this just Brad Stevens being cautious about what to do with the lineup so he doesn't hurt his fragile player's feelings?

He played because the only other available big was Tacko. But you knew that and just wanted attention, had nothing to do with "Fragile players" you clown.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#139 » by Ill News » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:44 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Does this mean he's out for two weeks? Give me a break. By that time the season will be ending...
La Flame
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,106

Post#140 » by La Flame » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:16 pm

Great pick up, if we can re-sign him at 20-22 a year it's a good deal

Return to Boston Celtics