ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Nets Sign LaMarcus Aldridge (Vet's Minimum/1 year)

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Re: Woj: Nets Sign LaMarcus Aldridge (Vet's Minimum/1 year) 

Post#121 » by GTR11 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:02 pm

It's pretty safe to say his D will prevent him from getting any significant minutes. Putting him as a starter kind of funny.
Blake will eat majority of starting C min imo. He's most skilled and versatile player compared to others.
Nic high energy and best D guy, he'll get some PT.
DJ is a big body, when motivated can provide 20 plus min vs legit C.
In all this I don't see where LMA fits. Occasional stretch five for match up reasons? Well we always could've used Green who's muchore mobile and better shooter.
All in all, I think I'm with Prok here. I'm just not ready to call him trash simply because he can turn back the clock and give us some really valuable min. Can he do it rest of this year, not likely, depth guy imo. If he thinks he'll have sure role here he set himself up for disappointment.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#122 » by FlipFlopShot » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:38 pm

The more I think about this, the more I want to at least it try out.

Kyrie / Harden / KD / Brown / Aldridge as starters.

We have all like how brown slashes and plays on the interior rebounding and slamming. Aldridge spaces out for Brown while being able to bang with other bigs.

Ultimately though, this will come down to what we get from Aldridge.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#123 » by GTR11 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Pretty much what I posted above. There's no guarantee he'll even get min. LMA has lots to prove.
FlipFlopShot
Pro Prospect
And1: 330

Post#124 » by FlipFlopShot » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:15 pm

GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Pretty much what I posted above. There's no guarantee he'll even get min. LMA has lots to prove.

Or it could mean that no one else are locked into their minutes. Eh, eh, eh. :) :D :lol:

Let the hustle begin!
GTR11
RealGM

Post#125 » by GTR11 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:22 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:
GTR11 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Or it could mean that no one else are locked into their minutes. Eh, eh, eh. :) :D :lol:

Let the hustle begin!

Kyrie will be back tomorrow, KD sometime week after and LMA has to get OK from our conditioning team. Sounds like week after this one we will get full team healthy.
I'm all ready to see what LMA has to show. Last night was epic :lol: , Twitter and other blogs had major meltdown. Let's see what they were crying about. You know where I stand as of now, can he prove me wrong? Bring it I'll be here watching, anything he can provide will be welcomed here.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#126 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:00 pm

Lakers are gonna sign Drummond. I wonder if the bitches will start crying about that? No?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#127 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:02 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:After thinking about it more this would be more preferred lineup

Harden/Brown or TJ
Kyrie/Shamet
KD/Harris
Green/Griffin
Claxton/Aldridge

I think this gives us more defensive versatility. Its hard to play Kyrie/Harden/Harris together on defense. Also this lets KD go back to his natural position.

Sucks to take Johnson out of the lineup but I just don't think we have the minutes for him.

Jordan is completely out of it for me. I don't think we need him anymore.

At this point we don't need Green either.

I like Griffin and Claxton playing together either that be starting or not. I like Shamet, Harris and Brown to be rotational. It's up in the air for Jordan and Aldridge, but for this case Aldridge takes Jordan's minutes.

That's 9 man rotation come playoffs.

So
Kyrie / (one of trio)
Harden / Shamet
KD / Harris
Brown / Griffin
Aldridge / Claxton

Or
Kyrie / (one of trio)
Harden / Shamet
KD / Harris
Griffin / Brown
Claxton / Aldridge

Green is absolutely in the rotation.

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,757

Post#128 » by sashaturiaf » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:Lakers are gonna sign Drummond. I wonder if the bitches will start crying about that? No?

LeBron fans make Knicks fans look likeable
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#129 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:24 am

This is what to expect from current Aldridge. Knows what he is doing and doesn't make dumb plays, pretty much automatic from 3 and mid-range when he is open, can't guard the perimeter, not a roll guy (never really has been), runs the floor a bit weird (but he always did) and not totally useless on the offensive boards because of his size.

I'll take that, and his game on the left block is still sex in motion to watch.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#130 » by Paradise » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:54 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#131 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:16 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Lakers are gonna sign Drummond. I wonder if the bitches will start crying about that? No?

I've never seen anything like this, ever over a scrap heap buy out signing.

sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#132 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:37 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

I've never seen anything like this, ever over a scrap heap buy out signing.

It's ridiculous. Just have to learn to ignore the zealots (wouldn't surprise me if there's people getting paid to troll or push agendas) and take the high road.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:43 am

sashaturiaf wrote:This is what to expect from current Aldridge. Knows what he is doing and doesn't make dumb plays, pretty much automatic from 3 and mid-range when he is open, can't guard the perimeter, not a roll guy (never really has been), runs the floor a bit weird (but he always did) and not totally useless on the offensive boards because of his size.

I'll take that, and his game on the left block is still sex in motion to watch.

We have 3 centers to use in situational match ups. The rich always get richer

donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#134 » by donaldtrump_00 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:05 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Anyway, I think this is a smart signing.

Maybe we should just sit Jordan tbh. Aldridge is basically just better than him at everything. This would be my new lineup.

Harden/Brown
Irving/Shamet
Harris/Green
Durant/Blake
Aldridge/Claxton

With our last spot, I would look at add Harkless. He'd be an ok defensive piece in case.

I have a better idea. I feel like Orlando has to let Terrance Ross go eventually. He's over 30 years old. He's in the way of there tanking. hopefully he's bought out soon and Brooklyn can get him. I'm sick of LeBron with his GM act forcing front office to bring him all the help. I'm so gratified yall going out your way to sign everyone.

Nobody said nothing about Drummond going to LA. That's fine and dandy. But yall get blasted for signing two players who are role players right now. And we all know LeBron wanted them as well. Before the season started lakers went after Schroeder,Harrell, and gasol. That's criminal. But all you hear is boyyyyy the Lakers have ramped up there roster.

Hell naw... if everything stayed the same lakers cruise through everybody. That's LeBrons work. Nobody else's but his cheating mind set. Nets fired back with harden and then griffin and Aldridge pretty much said not on my watch.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Woj: LaMarcus Aldridge to Nets! (vet minimum) 

Post#135 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:50 pm

Born_Ready wrote:Great, bout to receive more phone calls and text messages about the Nets "buying their championship".

Tell them to thank LeBron for making it cool for superstars to choose to team up in their prime.

Many younger fans do not understand the seismic shift in the NBA when LBJ made his decision to sign with the Heat to join forces with Bosh and Wade.

Even though I understand and believe there is merit to the argument that players were merely exercising the authority that used to solely belong to teams in constructing rosters, it is very important to consider that the best players avoided playing with each other during their primes, because it was a point of personal pride to show your dominance and claim your stake as the best player.

LBJ's intent was entirely to tilt the odds of winning titles dramatically in his favor when he signed with the Heat. Don't let anyone tell you that his "not 5, not 6, not 7" comment was merely a joke to appease the fans; it's what he was after and what he wanted. The fact that he only ended up winning two instead of 5+ is irrelevant. Intent matters.

I also find it funny when LBJ fans critique KD's decision. KD's intent was merely the same as LBJ's. LBJ's decision made it more palatable for superstars like KD to make such a choice.

To be clear, I don't like the trend. I am biased towards an earlier era when the best players stayed with their franchises and you had to rely upon management to surround them with enough quality players to mold them into contenders. I am not saying that the earlier era was perfect or even objectively better (even though it's what I preferred). But people do need to understand that there are important differences between eras that ought to be discussed and contextualized more often.

While I wholeheartedly agree that LBJ is the best player of his generation, the method for winning championships changed drastically in 2010. Teams are no longer the sole architects of contending squads; superstar players are now in control. Regardless of whether you like it or not, we all have to recognize and deal with it.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#136 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:54 pm

Claud wrote:Keep loading up.

IDGAF that the other fanbases are crying about us getting all these players.

We've been through some **** over the years and fully deserve to see a great team.

I think LMA is going to eat a good chunk of DJ's minutes. I was hoping for McGee but Blake/LMA for vet min. is ridiculous :lol:

We still have 1 roster spot left 8-)

If they haven't experienced a 12-70 season, they can't talk to me! :lol:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#137 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:League fans outraged over this :lol:

I honestly didn't think we were going to sign him and I am surprised that we have. He's definitely more offense, not much (good) defense but he does give us something different. He has legitimate center size and his pick & pop ability/midrange are still very good.

He's hitting threes at 36%, so I think he will fit in fine and we can probably play him and Claxton together

I love how upset people are. For years, they have mocked us. Now look.

Little brother was considered "the ugly stepchild" for years and now that the glow up has happened, the hate is still there but just manifested itself in a different way.

(...And there's nothing wrong with being a stepchild)
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#138 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:17 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:I love how everyone hates us now. We go from a laughing stock to
triggering the entire NBA Fandom in what, 4 years?

I love it. And I don't think the Aldridge signing is that big of a deal, but whatever makes these other fans who talked **** about the Nets, about KD, Kyrie, Harden etc suffer I am all for.

yeah i mean i dont get it either. id expect this kind of hate after we got harden. but people are upset we are getting washed corpses and washed up bums like blake/aldridge like its 2009 or something?

It's all about narrative. They want to make it seem like each of our players are at their peaks and incredibly healthy, so they are ever more justified in dismissing our wins as illegitimate and our losses as inexcusable.

Isn't interesting how people were deriding Blake and LMA as players who were done just a few weeks and months ago? And now that they have officially switched to roles (as middle-to-end-of bench players) that actually match their abilities, people are acting as if they are still the stars they used to be several seasons ago.

I can understand those who may initially complain about it but who haven't seen them in years and just assume they're still stars. But most seem to be intentionally misrepresenting what these guys are able to do now to suit their own agenda.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#139 » by NyCeEvO » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:25 pm

Paradise wrote:Damn. LeBron. 10 years later....look at us now.

Read on Twitter

I never knew or must've forgot he said this. Geez...it only strengthens my point about LBJ's decision to join the Heat being the true tipping point of a new era.
HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#140 » by HardenGoat » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:12 pm

Lakers should be focused on getting out of the west cause Denver, Jazz and Clips have a good chance of showing him the exit before we do. Who will they blame when that happens?

Return to Brooklyn Nets