ImageImageImageImageImage

Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

mrdressup
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,259

Re: Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer 

Post#61 » by mrdressup » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:23 pm

The team we won with in 2019 would not beat the contenders of 2021. Neither Beal nor Kawhi would gain anything in Toronto at this moment in time. What we experienced was quite literally a parting of the seas moment when we won. I do not expect anything like it to ever happen again in my lifetime. The league realized once and for all that it is best served when its best teams are in LA and NY. I expect that to be a constant from now on. The league is failing at serving the owners if it is not maxing revenues. The best players are getting funneled to the markets that can generate basketball income. Unless you like business its pretty pitiful to watch it play out. Winning has very little meaning any more. Its become a game of living up to expectations.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Re: Top Assets Not Offered At Deadline As NBA Execs Believe Kawhi Leonard And Bradley Beal Will Be Available This Summer 

Post#62 » by Dennis 37 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:48 pm

metafisical wrote:The most I am offering for Beal or Leonard is Hood and Baynes. I also demand 2 or 3 unprotected firsts for the burden of taking on Beal's or Leonard's contracts.

Damn right. The btards aren't going to take us for fools a second time.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
rrdjutriurt
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#63 » by rrdjutriurt » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Everyone knows that only about 4 teams matter in the NBA and the rest just exist as a development exercise to feed them talent. These same top teams have the added advantage of picking up top notch older veteran talent at bargain bin prices because they want to play with the haves rather then the have-nots.
NBA ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - BLAKE GRIFFIN
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,461

Post#64 » by Brinbe » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:08 pm

Why do you do it yourselves. Kawhi isn't coming back here and Beal doesn't make us appreciably better in the least.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#65 » by YelloC » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:10 pm

I feel like being bought out without retiring after should disqualify players from th Hall of Fame.
If you’re not good enough for the team that signed you, you’re not good enough for the HOF.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Post#66 » by dagger » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:45 pm

T-d0t wrote:Kawhi would rather stay in LA and not win a title than go to a championship contender.

Based on the photo of his new hilltop mansion near LA, I'd guess that's right. I doubt he's going anywhere, or anywhere far from there.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,435

Post#67 » by KrazyP » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:24 pm

mrdressup wrote:The team we won with in 2019 would not beat the contenders of 2021. Neither Beal nor Kawhi would gain anything in Toronto at this moment in time. What we experienced was quite literally a parting of the seas moment when we won. I do not expect anything like it to ever happen again in my lifetime. The league realized once and for all that it is best served when its best teams are in LA and NY. .

I disagree. The 2019 Raptors team just doesnt get enough credit. That team was STACKED. Kawhi was MVP material. Lowry/Siakam were playing like all-stars. Gasol/Green perfect 3+D, high IQ glue guys and then you had extremely deep bench stacked with several starting level players...VanVleet, Ibaka, Powell, OG. Had Kawhi stayed, that Raptors team had a shot at 3-peating.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#68 » by Mikistan » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:14 am

antonaki1 wrote:Everyone knows that only about 4 teams matter in the NBA and the rest just exist as a development exercise to feed them talent. These same top teams have the added advantage of picking up top notch older veteran talent at bargain bin prices because they want to play with the haves rather then the have-nots.

The Nets were never in the echelon tho
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,833

Post#69 » by JShuttlesworth » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:18 am

I hope Kawhi leaves the Clippers next year, that would be pretty funny

With the way the Lakers bulked up since, and with what Brooklyn has done, no one even talks about the Clippers anymore.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,199

Post#70 » by Childs » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:26 am

If Leonard stayed with Raps for 2020,they prob win the chip again, and there's a high likelihood of talking about him as top player in the league. Now not so much. Oh well.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#71 » by Metallikid » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:38 am

Childs wrote:If Leonard stayed with Raps for 2020,they prob win the chip again, and there's a high likelihood of talking about him as top player in the league. Now not so much. Oh well.

We couldn't have made Kawhi look any better in his year here, and we had to drag him to it almost the whole way.
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 937

Post#72 » by rapluva » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:55 am

We signing all that for a DeMar deozan return...lol.. Kawhi ain't coming.. Beal ain't coming.. there is no reasonable Ufa out there.. we may take a strike at a RFA..but even that is not a sure thing..
rapluva
Analyst
And1: 937

Post#73 » by rapluva » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:57 am

Kawhi could have signed a two year deal with us and not play a day in Canada .. due to the pandemic.. but whatever.. he wants to play at home and no matter what the Clippers do.. they ain't winning a championship..
dsdraps
Sophomore
And1: 72

Post#74 » by dsdraps » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:29 am

I guess this means Kawhi to the Lakers after a Nets championship this year?
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,542

Post#75 » by mdenny » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:45 am

KrazyP wrote:
mrdressup wrote:The team we won with in 2019 would not beat the contenders of 2021. Neither Beal nor Kawhi would gain anything in Toronto at this moment in time. What we experienced was quite literally a parting of the seas moment when we won. I do not expect anything like it to ever happen again in my lifetime. The league realized once and for all that it is best served when its best teams are in LA and NY. .

I disagree. The 2019 Raptors team just doesnt get enough credit. That team was STACKED. Kawhi was MVP material. Lowry/Siakam were playing like all-stars. Gasol/Green perfect 3+D, high IQ glue guys and then you had extremely deep bench stacked with several starting level players...VanVleet, Ibaka, Powell, OG. Had Kawhi stayed, that Raptors team had a shot at 3-peating.

Agreed. The finals last year and watching so many g leaguers and less than average players have such a prominent role. That lakers team was full of below average players. We were stacked even without OG.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#76 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:26 pm

Kawhi ain't leaving LA.

To get Beal you'd have to give up a billion #1 picks which most of the contenders don't have.
prelude00
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#77 » by prelude00 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:36 pm

Kawhi isn't coming here lol

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,525

Post#78 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:20 pm

Mikistan wrote:
antonaki1 wrote:Everyone knows that only about 4 teams matter in the NBA and the rest just exist as a development exercise to feed them talent. These same top teams have the added advantage of picking up top notch older veteran talent at bargain bin prices because they want to play with the haves rather then the have-nots.

The Nets were never in the echelon tho

I'd say the echelon is more like 5 or 6, and some teams move in and out of it. Nets are one of them now. Knicks would be if they ever got truly competitive. Clippers never were in the group for years now they are.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Post#79 » by Kingsway_fan » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:36 pm

dagger wrote:
T-d0t wrote:Kawhi would rather stay in LA and not win a title than go to a championship contender.

Based on the photo of his new hilltop mansion near LA, I'd guess that's right. I doubt he's going anywhere, or anywhere far from there.

Agreed. 0 chance he leaves LA.
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,664

Post#80 » by Jadoogar » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:41 pm

I know we say that the Raptors with Kawhi were a better team than the clippers but this was not the sentiment at the time. Everyon thought the Clippers were loaded with PG.
If Clippers choke again, he might start getting a wandering eye towards a better team. One he has history with.

Return to Toronto Raptors