ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#521 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:38 pm

MH Rise is so good. I only wish it was on PS5 with World-style graphics instead of on Switch. If any of y'all end up picking it up and want to team-up for some hunts, hit me up.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#522 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:37 am

Played Cyberpunk for the first time since launch week. I think I’m going to finish up the story and uninstall — I want to love it, but just find it uninspired.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
jmuelly
Junior
And1: 88

Post#523 » by jmuelly » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Looking to move later this summer, and in doing so I’m looking at possibly changing up my current audio situation. Primarily it’s mostly just my mancave area. I’ve grown quite tired of running wires, my parents went the Sonos route and it’s quite nice, but also very expensive. Does anyone have any recommendations? Additionally I also like to have speakers in my garage and back patio, currently I have 2 shelf speakers mounted in my garage and 2 outdoor speakers wired on the back patio each connected to a receiver with an A/B/AB switch. It work’s very well but in the homes we’ve looked at thus far it would be a great challenge to replicate.

I’ve not spent much time looking, nor would I even know what to look for these days. I’d be ok with the Sonos route and just continuously adding to it over time but is there something maybe better or more cost effective? Or something else entirely that I should be considering?

Thanks
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#524 » by jschligs » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:33 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:Played Cyberpunk for the first time since launch week. I think I’m going to finish up the story and uninstall — I want to love it, but just find it uninspired.

Much like No Man’s Sky, I was punked and let my excitement get the best of me. The more I played the more I realized how incomplete it was and how many corners were cut, and how much of the game was just flat out removed. I’ll let modders do their thing and revisit it in two years.

*Daily unrelated comment about how much I love Stardew Valley*
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,633

Post#525 » by machu46 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:06 pm

One of the things I was excited about when I got a PC was going back to play the old Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. I adored them when I was growing up but never beat either of them.

Finally beat the first one the other day. I really hope the rumors of this series being revived-ish are true.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Post#526 » by Siefer » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Putting my money where my mouth is, and starting another FFXII Zodiac Age playthrough. I'll likely look at MH: Rise after that.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#527 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:02 pm

Siefer wrote:Putting my money where my mouth is, and starting another FFXII Zodiac Age playthrough. I'll likely look at MH: Rise after that.

This is the correct order of operations :lol: I think I played Rise for over 20 hours this past weekend. Was nice to binge a game like that, though; haven't really had something I wanted to do that with in a while.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#528 » by Sauce Boss » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:49 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
Siefer wrote:Putting my money where my mouth is, and starting another FFXII Zodiac Age playthrough. I'll likely look at MH: Rise after that.

This is the correct order of operations :lol: I think I played Rise for over 20 hours this past weekend. Was nice to binge a game like that, though; haven't really had something I wanted to do that with in a while.

I want to get Rise, but I got derailed playing World and never got back to it. I have such a hard time committing to games that need like hundreds or even thousands of hours these days. That 20hr binge sounds nice, but also only a drop in the bucket for progress.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#529 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:54 pm

Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I want to get Rise, but I got derailed playing World and never got back to it. I have such a hard time committing to games that need like hundreds or even thousands of hours these days. That 20hr binge sounds nice, but also only a drop in the bucket for progress.

It sounds like Rise is kinda incomplete right now, with no elder dragons or really any kind of endgame. People are saying you can knock it out in 40-50 hours.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#530 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

It sounds like Rise is kinda incomplete right now, with no elder dragons or really any kind of endgame. People are saying you can knock it out in 40-50 hours.

I'm really slow at playing any RPG really, but certainly this one considering I'm pretty much a newbie to Monster Hunter (I played World for ~30 hours after getting PS5). I'm not near completing the main storyline, but I also don't think I'm an eternity away either. But end game in MH to my understanding can also kind of go on forever, so I guess it all depends on at what point you'll feel fulfilled and not like you left it behind. I'm on LR3 right now and just grinded for awhile to get an armor set I wanted.

Storyline-wise, DB is right, apparently it ends pretty abruptly. It's expected to be expanded upon with their first free title update docked for EOM April. That's supposed to add "several" new HR monsters, and also uncap hunter rank.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#531 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:36 pm

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut hits consoles today. I've been hearing about its greatness for over a year now and I'm excited to play it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#532 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:44 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Disco Elysium: The Final Cut hits consoles today. I've been hearing about its greatness for over a year now and I'm excited to play it.

I'm excited also - it's on my Spring to-play list. But JFYI:
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/hands_on_maybe_dont_buy_disco_elysium_on_ps5_at_launch
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#533 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:58 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Disco Elysium: The Final Cut hits consoles today. I've been hearing about its greatness for over a year now and I'm excited to play it.

I'm excited also - it's on my Spring to-play list. But JFYI:
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/03/hands_on_maybe_dont_buy_disco_elysium_on_ps5_at_launch

The prompts are broken. I have to push the designated interact button two or three times to do almost anything. It's really, really bad. I played for a couple hours on my Mac a few months ago and I didn't remember it being anything like this, and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong. That's why I blindly bought it tonight. It ran fine on a Mac that's years and years old and I couldn't envision it being a bad port on console. I just wanted to play it on my couch. But they really screwed this up.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#534 » by stellation » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 pm

Does anyone know of a way to toggle mouse sensitivity easily in Windows 10? My son has a desktop with a gaming mouse (Razer Naga Trinity), the sensitivity is insane for game play but if you use it in the regular desktop it flies across the screen.

Ideally thinking of something that just retains some profiles with shortcut keys so you can just toggle gaming/non-gaming without having to manually configure it each time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#535 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:49 am

stellation wrote:Does anyone know of a way to toggle mouse sensitivity easily in Windows 10? My son has a desktop with a gaming mouse (Razer Naga Trinity), the sensitivity is insane for game play but if you use it in the regular desktop it flies across the screen.

Ideally thinking of something that just retains some profiles with shortcut keys so you can just toggle gaming/non-gaming without having to manually configure it each time.

I think there’s dpi button(s) behind the scroll wheel you can press to toggle different dpi stages (usually something like 400/800/1200/1600/3200). If not, Razer has some software named Synapse you can download to mess with the settings and setup profiles.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#536 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Apr 1, 2021 1:20 pm

Outriders is out and it’s in GamePass. It’s pretty good mindless fun.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach

Post#537 » by Sauce Boss » Thu Apr 1, 2021 4:37 pm

Does anyone have suggestions for a KVM setup? My girlfriend and I both have desktop PCs and Mac laptops and would like to integrate it where we can use our monitors/keyboards between the two. Would be nice to switch effortlessly between work and play when 5:00pm comes around. I think the only hitch for my setup is one that will support up to 165hz on a 1440p monitor.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#538 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 2, 2021 1:46 am

Ugh. Outriders is really great, but their servers are a mess since the game came out today.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,205

Post#539 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Apr 2, 2021 2:58 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Ugh. Outriders is really great, but their servers are a mess since the game came out today.
Yea I gave up at about 5:30. Hopefully they get it resolved by the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#540 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Apr 2, 2021 3:01 am

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Ugh. Outriders is really great, but their servers are a mess since the game came out today.
Yea I gave up at about 5:30. Hopefully they get it resolved by the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

They've been up now for about 45 minutes or so. You might be safe trying it out.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks