ImageImageImage

Activity in trade talks until the trade deadline

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

How aggresive should Dallas be on the trade market until the trade deadline (March 25th)?

1 - Completely passive (i.e., no discussions, nobody is made available in trade talks)
No votes
15%
15%
19%
5 - Completely aggressive (i.e., everyone except for Luka is made available in trade talks)
50%

Total votes: 26

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,894

Re: Activity in trade talks until the trade deadline 

Post#101 » by HMFFL » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:47 am

Mark Cuban: “Unless it’s a game-changing star, I don’t see us doing anything at all. So, if someone decides they’re blowing it up OK, then we’ll talk to anybody about any great player. If it’s just ‘OK we’ll trade this guy for that guy’ and it’s not really going to move the needle, I’d rather go with continuity.”

Mark Cuban: “It takes somebody really special, you know, where it was like ‘I can’t believe they traded that guy’ for us to trade pretty much anybody, right? Because we’re going well.”

– via YouTube

https://youtu.be/muhDv3GaOpI

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
RafStone
Freshman
And1: 62

Post#102 » by RafStone » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:27 am

Luka is off the table obviously, I think KP is a unicorn. I've seen guys want to be reactive and trade CP when he had injury problems only to get better, kP is different because hes big and has history, but a guy who has such amazing skillset, size, can be a force on both ends and compliments luka so well is hard to give up on so fast. I'd give him time to keep working it out unless a real star is in return.

Luka, like lebron, is elite at seeing the floor. You have to have floor spacing and rough dirty defenders as he does what he does best. ITs easier to build around since you don't need creators, but the mavs future is bright so long as they stay aggressive in finding talent 1-10 for him
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#103 » by arkuo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:44 pm

HMFFL wrote:Mark Cuban: “Unless it’s a game-changing star, I don’t see us doing anything at all. So, if someone decides they’re blowing it up OK, then we’ll talk to anybody about any great player. If it’s just ‘OK we’ll trade this guy for that guy’ and it’s not really going to move the needle, I’d rather go with continuity.”

Mark Cuban: “It takes somebody really special, you know, where it was like ‘I can’t believe they traded that guy’ for us to trade pretty much anybody, right? Because we’re going well.”

– via YouTube

https://youtu.be/muhDv3GaOpI

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

It sounds like Cuban plans to be more active in 2022 than the 2021 free agency. That's when most of those "special players" as he would put it, become free agents. John Collins or Jrue Holiday doesnt fit that category. He's passing on free agency this summer it seems.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Post#104 » by Mavrelous » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:37 pm

2022 Luka's extention kicks in, maybe he's planning on not extending him :)
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks