ImageImageImage

OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,364

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming 

Post#921 » by SuperSunsFan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:52 pm

joss whedon: "look! my flash can push a truck real fast to save a family of 4 people"
Zack Snyder: "Not Impressed"
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,191

Post#922 » by King4Day » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:12 am

If Washington keeps the "Washington Football Team" as it's team name, it would have to be the dumbest laziest idea ever.
Especially for the franchise since they could make so much money on a an actual team name (like Redtails).

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Football Team name has gone from being a generic placeholder to one that will be strongly considered as a permanent one. As the organization inches along in its rebranding, team president Jason Wright said fans have warmed to the name.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31122956/jason-wright-says-washington-football-team-consideration-permanent-name-cites-fan-sennt
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#923 » by King4Day » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:13 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:joss whedon: "look! my flash can push a truck real fast to save a family of 4 people"

That cut was so important for those who didn't get a big enough story in the original.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#924 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:04 am

King4Day wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:joss whedon: "look! my flash can push a truck real fast to save a family of 4 people"

That cut was so important for those who didn't get a big enough story in the original.

He had such a huge role in the Snyder cut compared to saving that stupid family.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
King4Day
RealGM

Post#925 » by King4Day » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:43 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
King4Day wrote:

He had such a huge role in the Snyder cut compared to saving that stupid family.

After the original, I didn't care about Cyborg. This makes you really connect with him and others. All because you now have the time to develop characters more.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#926 » by wheezy » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:21 pm

King4Day wrote:If Washington keeps the "Washington Football Team" as it's team name, it would have to be the dumbest laziest idea ever.
Especially for the franchise since they could make so much money on a an actual team name (like Redtails).

ASHBURN, Va. -- The Washington Football Team name has gone from being a generic placeholder to one that will be strongly considered as a permanent one. As the organization inches along in its rebranding, team president Jason Wright said fans have warmed to the name.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31122956/jason-wright-says-washington-football-team-consideration-permanent-name-cites-fan-sennt

Them being dumb should be a given at this point.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#927 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:40 pm

Since people seem to love super hero stuff around here and a recent DC one, here is a new trailer that a lot of people like...looks like it has a good cast.

SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#928 » by SuperSunsFan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:54 pm

a superhero movie has to have this one truly cool idea for me to consider it to be good. for black panther it is the idea that the most advanced nation put up a deception to make the outside world believe they are just another third world nation in Africa so they don't get invaded by imperialism for those precious metal from space they possess. the coolest idea in justice league is that the most powerful and evil being in the universe tried to invade earth once in the past and was driven back by an alliance of ancient warriors and Gods, what a freak cool idea. the same idea was present in the 2017 version but it was barely touched and half baked, this time the same idea is driven home much better. the concept of the anti-life equation, a weapon that can destroy the freewill of all beings is much cooler that the stupid idea of saving the universe by killing half of all living things.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#929 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:31 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:a superhero movie has to have this one truly cool idea for me to consider it to be good. for black panther it is the idea that the most advanced nation put up a deception to make the outside world believe they are just another third world nation in Africa so they don't get invaded by imperialism for those precious metal from space they possess. the coolest idea in justice league is that the most powerful and evil being in the universe tried to invade earth once in the past and was driven back by an alliance of ancient warriors and Gods, what a freak cool idea. the same idea was present in the 2017 version but it was barely touched and half baked, this time the same idea is driven home much better. the concept of the anti-life equation, a weapon that can destroy the freewill of all beings is much cooler that the stupid idea of saving the universe by killing half of all living things.

The anti-life equation concept sounds high concept and without seeing exactly how it would work, it just seems a bit too abstract for most casuals and honestly for me too. Thanos' philosophy is simpler, much easier to follow and we've seen how he has attempted to apply it so his arrival and importance of defeating him is just played out better.

The anti-life equation which destroys freewill is a concept I understand but how does it get applied? Like the motherboxes come together, the equation is complete and then what? Do you get everyone to touch it? Does it project an equation that everyone is just suppose to get or is it like a feeling of dread that leads to depression that leads to hopelessness like an invisible plague? Maybe I missed it but I didn't quite understand how they were going to apply it and that's where it becomes a little less interesting to me. Perhaps it's played out in the comics but I haven't read it.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#930 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:34 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:a superhero movie has to have this one truly cool idea for me to consider it to be good. for black panther it is the idea that the most advanced nation put up a deception to make the outside world believe they are just another third world nation in Africa so they don't get invaded by imperialism for those precious metal from space they possess. the coolest idea in justice league is that the most powerful and evil being in the universe tried to invade earth once in the past and was driven back by an alliance of ancient warriors and Gods, what a freak cool idea. the same idea was present in the 2017 version but it was barely touched and half baked, this time the same idea is driven home much better. the concept of the anti-life equation, a weapon that can destroy the freewill of all beings is much cooler that the stupid idea of saving the universe by killing half of all living things.

The anti-life equation concept sounds high concept and without seeing exactly how it would work, it just seems a bit too abstract for most casuals and honestly for me too. Thanos' philosophy is simpler, much easier to follow and we've seen how he has attempted to apply it so his arrival and importance of defeating him is just played out better.

The anti-life equation which destroys freewill is a concept I understand but how does it get applied? Like the motherboxes come together, the equation is complete and then what? Do you get everyone to touch it? Does it project an equation that everyone is just suppose to get or is it like a feeling of dread that leads to depression that leads to hopelessness like an invisible plague? Maybe I missed it but I didn't quite understand how they were going to apply it and that's where it becomes a little less interesting to me. Perhaps it's played out in the comics but I haven't read it.

This is in essence my problem with the Snyder cut - well, more of Warner Bros' plan (or lack thereof) for the DCEU - there was so much explaining it had to do but didn't get the chance to hit everything.

I'm a pretty big DC fan. I grew up with their animated shows and have read some of their big comic arcs, but if I hadn't had some knowledge of the players in Justice League I probably would've been lost. The anti-life equation is essentially a form of mind control, and is generally operated as a kind of incantation. Darkseid is essentially the universe's most powerful autocrat, and anti-life is propaganda with 100% efficacy. There's more comic book mumbo jumbo involved, but that's essentially what it comes down to.

Part of me just wishes WB had just let Snyder go full Injustice from the start instead of hinting at it with these flash-back/forward/parallel while half-assing the "traditional" character arcs. That's clearly where his sensibilities lie.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
SuperSunsFan
Sixth Man

Post#931 » by SuperSunsFan » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:35 am

i haven't either, if they ever decided to visualize it in film they better think of a very unique way to present it, it would be real lame if it is just another run of the mill method to produce mindless slave zombie soldiers like enchantress in suicide squad.

my problem with the concept of saving the universe by eliminating half of the population is how does it work? the population can easily grow back to the same number within a generation or two, so he will dust away half again when population doubles back to the same and keep on doing it like getting a flu shot every year? the resource will remains the same so does it work by buying time so the technology can catch up in being able to sustain the population given the resource remains the same? why not use the infinity stones to double the resources, if it can't then why it can't, ain't they supposed to be omnipotence? why not use the infinity stones to hasten the advancement of technology or reduced the amount of resources each life form needed to sustain life by half? if that is the best way to use the stones to solve overpopulation thanos can think of then I think he was real stupid.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#932 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:21 am

SuperSunsFan wrote:i haven't either, if they ever decided to visualize it in film they better think of a very unique way to present it, it would be real lame if it is just another run of the mill method to produce mindless slave zombie soldiers like enchantress in suicide squad.

my problem with the concept of saving the universe by eliminating half of the population is how does it work? the population can easily grow back to the same number within a generation or two, so he will dust away half again when population doubles back to the same and keep on doing it like getting a flu shot every year? the resource will remains the same so does it work by buying time so the technology can catch up in being able to sustain the population given the resource remains the same? why not use the infinity stones to double the resources, if it can't then why it can't, ain't they supposed to be omnipotence? why not use the infinity stones to hasten the advancement of technology or reduced the amount of resources each life form needed to sustain life by half? if that is the best way to use the stones to solve overpopulation thanos can think of then I think he was real stupid.

If you recall, the original Thanos really thought that his only way to fix the issues of the universe was to eliminate half the population, that way there's enough resources, the remaining half would rebuild and would rebuild with sustainability in mind. The only thing he had in his power was his army so he went about it with what he had.

Endgame showed why there was a real fallacy to that thinking which led to Past Thanos to revise Dead Thanos' philosophy from getting rid of half of the population (remaining half became "ungrateful") to killing everyone and rebuilding through the stones.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#933 » by wheezy » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:26 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
SuperSunsFan wrote:i haven't either, if they ever decided to visualize it in film they better think of a very unique way to present it, it would be real lame if it is just another run of the mill method to produce mindless slave zombie soldiers like enchantress in suicide squad.

If you recall, the original Thanos really thought that his only way to fix the issues of the universe was to eliminate half the population, that way there's enough resources, the remaining half would rebuild and would rebuild with sustainability in mind. The only thing he had in his power was his army so he went about it with what he had.

Endgame showed why there was a real fallacy to that thinking which led to Past Thanos to revise Dead Thanos' philosophy from getting rid of half of the population (remaining half became "ungrateful") to killing everyone and rebuilding through the stones.

Also with Thanos... much more interesting when his motivations were to get the attention of a woman (the physical embodiment of Death). The movie version though heavily relies on past movies, but is easily one of the most deftly directed/edited/written/paced comic movies ever.

Finally watched Minari last night. Probably my favorite movie in the last year (Nomadland and Trial of the Chicago 7 probably 2 and 3).
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#934 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:40 pm

RIP DMX

I was in college in the late 90s and you could find a dorm on campus that didn't have some DMX bumping. Brings back some great memories.

He was the Allen Iverson of rap. Raw real with some public demons.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#935 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:24 pm

I saw my dad the other day and he got me a valley shirt... wore it today while doing door dash with my suns mask and hat too...

And literally everywhere I went people would talk to me about the suns... man it feels good to be on top again.

I used to wear my suns gear even when we were bad but no1 would say anything.

I cant wait till they open arenas to full capacity...you all know we got the best fans! Even if some were hiding in the closet the past 10 years.

Was just awesome seeing the hype from everyone today.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#936 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:Catch 22 on Hulu was about the best 6 episode mini run I’ve stumbled across.

Hot pockies, on the other hand......

You watch that Chernobyl miniseries? That **** was gooooood.

I'm originally from Ukraine and Chernobyl happened in 86 one year after I was born. Later in 93 I moved to Arizona from there. So, I'll definitely check out catch 22. Lately, I've been watching " loudermilk" whoever's suggested it thanks a ton it's pretty hilarious.

I must have...there were some good ones on a network called The Audience Network. That, Kingdom (MMA series but much more), and Condor (super action series). They all eventually hit elsewhere....Kingdom on Netflix (but leaving end of April) and the other two on Amazon.

I think I watched a little of Catch 22 and it seemed a bit slapstick...but that was a while back..may have to get back to. Saw Chernobyl.

I've watched a ton of good stuff over the last year or so. The 3 most entertaining to me being TURN, Into the Badlands and Sense8. All on Netflix.

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,250

Post#937 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:You watch that Chernobyl miniseries? That **** was gooooood.

I'm originally from Ukraine and Chernobyl happened in 86 one year after I was born. Later in 93 I moved to Arizona from there. So, I'll definitely check out catch 22. Lately, I've been watching " loudermilk" whoever's suggested it thanks a ton it's pretty hilarious.

I must have...there were some good ones on a network called The Audience Network. That, Kingdom (MMA series but much more), and Condor (super action series). They all eventually hit elsewhere....Kingdom on Netflix (but leaving end of April) and the other two on Amazon.

I think I watched a little of Catch 22 and it seemed a bit slapstick...but that was a while back..may have to get back to. Saw Chernobyl.

I've watched a ton of good stuff over the last year or so. The 3 most entertaining to me being TURN, Into the Badlands and Sense8. All on Netflix.

I haven't seen any of those shows you suggested on Netflix yet. Just seen trailer for Kingdom and it looks like my kind of movie I enjoy martial arts, karate kid type of movies.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#938 » by grumpysaddle » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:20 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:

I haven't seen any of those shows you suggested on Netflix yet. Just seen trailer for Kingdom and it looks like my kind of movie I enjoy martial arts, karate kid type of movies.

I think I watched maybe the first full season of Into the Badlands and started the second. Just got too cheesy for me.

Haven't been watching much lately besides basketball. Slowly working my way through The Expanse when the urge hits. I think I just finished season 3. SUPER GOOD SHOW.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#939 » by bwgood77 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:39 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think I watched maybe the first full season of Into the Badlands and started the second. Just got too cheesy for me.

Haven't been watching much lately besides basketball. Slowly working my way through The Expanse when the urge hits. I think I just finished season 3. SUPER GOOD SHOW.

Yeah, I didn't like the first half or so of season 2 much. But the second half and especially season 3 were great. The Expanse is definitely a great show.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,297

Post#940 » by sunskerr » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:58 am

Dynasty league:

Taking offers for Kevin Porter Jr if anyone is interested in trading for a future star. Would like a wing with some boards or maybe a young big.

edit: wrong thread :lol:

Return to Phoenix Suns