ImageImageImage

Mutombo's Nephew anyone? Mfiondu Kabengele

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Mutombo's Nephew anyone? Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#1 » by Bluelabel24 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:21 pm

i brought up leonard a few days ago and yeah.. too many red flags after some research..
this move has very little downside imo. waived by SAC
Mfiondu Kabengele 23yrs, 27th pick
Size: 6'10¼
Weight: 256.2 pounds
Wingspan: 7'3"
Reach: 9'1½"
a physical standout with a body built for either big-man spot. also has potential for 3... shot 38% in college and 34% at LAC
has got great hands in catching passes and sets solid screens.. mavs can definitely benefit from a physical guy who has ton of defensive upside and energy.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840918-mfiondu-kabengeles-2019-nba-draft-scouting-report-analysis-of-clippers-pick

if we can get him for almost nothing, then there's very little risk.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Mutombo's Nephew anyone? Mfiondu Kabengele 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:08 pm

Yes, please, but only if RC intends to use him.
Mfiondu wasn't a three point shooter in college but he can knock it down now. He's raw but just needs minutes. Once he scorer 40pts in the G League he made the Clippers main roster, wasn't invited to play in the bubble, and wasn't utilized much this season.

Jerry West drafted him but Rivers and Lue didn't play him due to all of the talent the team has.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,405

Post#3 » by Mavrelous » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:31 am

Mavs need length and athleticism at the 4, he cover what's left over of the 4 minutes until Mavs sign a normal forward, but I'm afraid RC wouldn't let him see court at all.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,829

Post#4 » by dirkforpres » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:14 pm

I don’t think he would play this year, but I’d like for them to give him a summer league contract and see what happens. Might become another Chris Boucher
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#5 » by Mike lorenzo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:03 pm

well..when JJ comes back .. I guess Burke is plenty. Although you know Rick and rookie is not a good combination .. Will the Lakers buy Gasol ..? when they are healthy .. they have big overbookings
1+1=11
Bluelabel24
Junior
And1: 51

Post#6 » by Bluelabel24 » Thu Apr 1, 2021 5:22 am

dirkforpres wrote:I don’t think he would play this year, but I’d like for them to give him a summer league contract and see what happens. Might become another Chris Boucher

im just hoping they decide quickly before someone else picks him up.. what intrigues me the most is the possible fit with KP. what KP needs next to him is a hybrid pf/c guy who can move and defend the perimeter as well and this guy looks like he can do it. he has quick feet and is strong enough to guard legit Cs.
aaron gordons interview really brought even more perspective in me regarding Luka's game. Gordon described how much easier it has been so far for him because he gets to play alongside an elite playmaker/passer like Jokic. also why i cringe everytime i see Powell about to check in. He gets to play alongside one of the best passers and still plays like this?? can you even imagine how he would look beside an average or below average playmaker?
I just think with this system most backup C guys would look good playing next to Luka.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:20 pm

Cleveland signed Mfiondu to a 10 day contract.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks