ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Nets Sign LaMarcus Aldridge (Vet's Minimum/1 year)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Woj: Nets Sign LaMarcus Aldridge (Vet's Minimum/1 year) 

Post#141 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:26 pm

FlipFlopShot wrote:The more I think about this, the more I want to at least it try out.

Kyrie / Harden / KD / Brown / Aldridge as starters.

We have all like how brown slashes and plays on the interior rebounding and slamming. Aldridge spaces out for Brown while being able to bang with other bigs.

Ultimately though, this will come down to what we get from Aldridge.

This doesnt make much sense to me.

Who is a better floor spacer Aldridge or Joe Harris? its obviously harris. so why bench harris to have Aldridge space the floor when your putitng bruce brown on the court who opponents can put their center on and have roam in the pain still?

The whole point of aldridge is to draw their center away from the hoop. which doesnt work if you have brown on the floor because they will just cross match it
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#142 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:31 pm

sashaturiaf wrote:This is what to expect from current Aldridge. Knows what he is doing and doesn't make dumb plays, pretty much automatic from 3 and mid-range when he is open, can't guard the perimeter, not a roll guy (never really has been), runs the floor a bit weird (but he always did) and not totally useless on the offensive boards because of his size.

I'll take that, and his game on the left block is still sex in motion to watch.

Aldridge can help a team. he can still shoot and stretch 4/5 spacing is important.

He just doesnt really fit what we need. We have the best stretch big of all time at PF (KD) and we have Blake/Green who can play stretch 5 and give solid D (green) or take charges (blake). both can switch on to smalls better then aldridge can. Then you have Claxton and DJ who are both outstanding rim running finishers who provide more D then aldridge. and Claxton can guard anyone 1 through 5.

You wanna throw in Aldridge for 6 minutes when 2 of our stars are on the bench for floor spacing? sure. but i just dont see how he gets minutes beyond that. We have shooting. we have spacing. we need defense and we need finishing more then another shooter.
Prokorov
RealGM

Re: Woj: LaMarcus Aldridge to Nets! (vet minimum) 

Post#143 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:34 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Claud wrote:Keep loading up.

IDGAF that the other fanbases are crying about us getting all these players.

We've been through some **** over the years and fully deserve to see a great team.

I think LMA is going to eat a good chunk of DJ's minutes. I was hoping for McGee but Blake/LMA for vet min. is ridiculous :lol:

We still have 1 roster spot left 8-)

If they haven't experienced a 12-70 season, they can't talk to me! :lol:

12-70 followed by getting the worst pick possible for our being the worst team (#4)
Kiddlovesnets
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#144 » by Kiddlovesnets » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Aldridge was a nice-pickup, but it was fun while lasted. Losing Drummond to Lakers make all the signings of Griffin and Aldridge meaningless, they get a prime all-star and we get washed up ex-star players. sigh.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#145 » by DarkXaero » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:Aldridge was a nice-pickup, but it was fun while lasted. Losing Drummond to Lakers make all the signings of Griffin and Aldridge meaningless, they get a prime all-star and we get washed up ex-star players. sigh.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#146 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:47 pm

Kiddlovesnets wrote:Aldridge was a nice-pickup, but it was fun while lasted. Losing Drummond to Lakers make all the signings of Griffin and Aldridge meaningless, they get a prime all-star and we get washed up ex-star players. sigh.

Lol at "in prime all-star". Drummond hasnt made an allstar team in 4 years and thats only because back then they still required 2 centers on the all-star teams.

LMA and Blake have both been all-stars/all-nba more recently then drummond. who is a marginal role player at best, and slight net-negative at worst
sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,826

Post#147 » by sashaturiaf » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:05 pm

Meh to Drummond, he will be useful to the Lakers but Dwight Howard is definitely better than him.

Lakers are great defensively but they are still a flawed team, the 3 point shooting is average at best and they don't really have a shot creator down the stretch. It was good enough last season since 1) bubble conditions meant a few of their shooters caught fire 2) had very favorable matchups where they avoided the Clippers and faced a bunch of teams that were either exhausted or injured and 3) they had the talent advantage in every series they played due to above reasons

I just can't see the Lakers beating us if both teams are healthy. They no longer have the talent advantage, and who is more hungry for a championship than James Harden? No one.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#148 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:13 pm

I guarantee if the Nets play the Lakers in the finals, Drummond will be unplayable.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#149 » by gigantes » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:10 pm

jirrit wrote:Can you become more unlikeable lol.

Anyway, cant not win anymore now lol. Good luck have fun I guess..

Boston has arguably had the most talent in the East several times in recent years, so that seems like a fairly strange comment.

We even handed you a deluxe gift basket some time back stashed with goodies. What, did your dog gobble them all up while you weren't looking...?
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#150 » by Suwanee » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:45 pm

The pessimist in me always wants to prepare for the worst. All these talks about Lakers this Lakers that make me cringe. Let’s focus on getting out of the East first...
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,829

Post#151 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:12 pm

It amazes me that for years teams like Miami, Cleveland, Golden State and the Lakers have used the buyout market to their advantage, and yet all of a sudden when the Nets do it people start to cry.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:37 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:It amazes me that for years teams like Miami, Cleveland, Golden State and the Lakers have used the buyout market to their advantage, and yet all of a sudden when the Nets do it people start to cry.

You would think we signed prime wilt for the minimum.

We get harden for peanuts and people were like "meh"
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#153 » by DarkXaero » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

So much for LMA not getting mins.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#154 » by Prokorov » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 pm

DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Really surprising. Especially the way Claxton has played. I'd think LMA would need to be really good to send Joe Harris or Claxton to the bench.

It is probably just coach speak. maybe its to motivate DJ or prep DJ for losing minutes or his starting spot which was going to claxton in a matter of time anyhow.

I hope it doesnt mean they value shooting so much that they would go from an A to a D on defense just to add a minimal amount of additional shooting.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#155 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:15 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Really surprising. Especially the way Claxton has played. I'd think LMA would need to be really good to send Joe Harris or Claxton to the bench.

It is probably just coach speak. maybe its to motivate DJ or prep DJ for losing minutes or his starting spot which was going to claxton in a matter of time anyhow.

I hope it doesnt mean they value shooting so much that they would go from an A to a D on defense just to add a minimal amount of additional shooting.

What is Nash supposed to say? Aldridge is here for garbage time? Every player on the team has an opportunity to compete for a starting spot. Some have a more realistic shot at winning one than others.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#156 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:40 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

What is Nash supposed to say? Aldridge is here for garbage time? Every player on the team has an opportunity to compete for a starting spot. Some have a more realistic shot at winning one than others.

I feel you, BUT it sounds like he says that unprompted, and made a point to mention it. It's not like he did the same for Blake, so I think there may be real intention behind it. LMA could be a real contributor for us, maybe in the 18-20mpg range. I was thinking he'd be in the lower teens when he plays, and the most likely to rack up DNP-CD's. Maybe that's not the case.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#157 » by andrewww » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I feel you, BUT it sounds like he says that unprompted, and made a point to mention it. It's not like he did the same for Blake, so I think there may be real intention behind it. LMA could be a real contributor for us, maybe in the 18-20mpg range. I was thinking he'd be in the lower teens when he plays, and the most likely to rack up DNP-CD's. Maybe that's not the case.

LMA likely takes minutes away from DJ.

The main bigs I anticipate being Claxton, Green, LMA and Griffin.

Along with the big 3 and Harris, TJ and Brown likely round out the 10 man rotation with Shamet/DJ/TLC getting rare minutes.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#158 » by therealbig3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:34 am

Griffin and LMA are both better players than Drummond. With all the advanced stats we have now, how are people still so enamored by a 15/15 stat line? Drummond hasn’t helped a team since his first couple of years in the league.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#159 » by Rookie-Mistake » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:22 am

Strictly a Fantasy question, how many minutes do you expect LMA to get with your full lineup?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#160 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:03 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Strictly a Fantasy question, how many minutes do you expect LMA to get with your full lineup?

I wouldn't trust any of the Nets for fantasy production, outside of the Big 3 and Joe. As deep as we are, minutes will vary based on matchups.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets