ImageImageImage

Cavs 2020-21 season

Moderator: ijspeelman

Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Re: Cavs 2020-21 season 

Post#421 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:08 pm

I predict we'll overpay Allen and Sexton and wonder why we suck for the next 5 years.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#422 » by Stillwater » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:I predict we'll overpay Allen and Sexton and wonder why we suck for the next 5 years.

No need to predict the present as the future. they suck but the two players you just mentioned are not why
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,078

Post#423 » by jbk1234 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:34 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:I predict we'll overpay Allen and Sexton and wonder why we suck for the next 5 years.
I'm a proponent of go out there and I'll match at this point. We're obviously going to be overpaying unrestricted free agents, no reason to bid against ourselves when it comes to restricted free agents.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#424 » by Stillwater » Tue Apr 6, 2021 4:10 am

DG keeps this up and they are not getting a top 6 pick without some luck but I am all for it if he can generate nearly 40 points and over 6 dimes on a nightly basis he might actually make up for what he gives up... but he also made some nice defensive plays against the spurs I see.
I dont expect it to be sustainable at all though
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#425 » by Harper4Ferry? » Tue Apr 6, 2021 7:37 pm

Stillwater wrote:DG keeps this up and they are not getting a top 6 pick without some luck but I am all for it if he can generate nearly 40 points and over 6 dimes on a nightly basis he might actually make up for what he gives up... but he also made some nice defensive plays against the spurs I see.

I mean it is always going to come back to us not shooting enough 3's. Glad he started to fire. He's only shot 6 or more 3 times 12 times this year, which is nuts.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#426 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 7, 2021 12:31 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:
Stillwater wrote:DG keeps this up and they are not getting a top 6 pick without some luck but I am all for it if he can generate nearly 40 points and over 6 dimes on a nightly basis he might actually make up for what he gives up... but he also made some nice defensive plays against the spurs I see.

I mean it is always going to come back to us not shooting enough 3's. Glad he started to fire. He's only shot 6 or more 3 times 12 times this year, which is nuts.

I think they still think they can make the play in and being they have a somewhat healthy veteran presence currently they probably feel they have to do more to win and less tanking rotations etc.
However I don't agree with the move at all and unless they just figure it won't matter where they land in the draft order because of the random luck needed or some other bs story they try to feed themselves they could just as easily be walking from the draft with some meh role player too add to the core instead of a potential 1st option
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#427 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:36 am

Hard to project records at this point, but I think we can make the 10th spot play in and still pick 9th or 10th in the draft. I don't think we can overtake HOU/MIN and DET would be a challenge if we tanked it out the rest of the way. Actually getting to full strength at some point this half season would be nice. Even if it's just 5 games before Love or Nance get hurt again.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#428 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:38 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:Hard to project records at this point, but I think we can make the 10th spot play in and still pick 9th or 10th in the draft. I don't think we can overtake HOU/MIN and DET would be a challenge if we tanked it out the rest of the way. Actually getting to full strength at some point this half season would be nice. Even if it's just 5 games before Love or Nance get hurt again.

I am pretty sure that if you get into the playoffs by winning your play in game you forfeit your position in the lottery.
Not into that at all just to get embarased in a 4 game sweep by the 1 seed
Harper4Ferry?
Starter

Post#429 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Apr 7, 2021 1:49 am

I've been trying to find that info but it's really hard to google with that many terms. I do think if you make the play in tournament you would have to actually make the playoffs to have your draft position affected?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#430 » by Stillwater » Wed Apr 7, 2021 2:41 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:I've been trying to find that info but it's really hard to google with that many terms. I do think if you make the play in tournament you would have to actually make the playoffs to have your draft position affected?

Right if you are in the position to be in the play in, the result of your play in if you lose would not change anything but likely changes your spot to being outside the lottery if you "earn" the playoff seed
I could be wrong about this need to investigate further
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#431 » by Stillwater » Thu Apr 8, 2021 6:29 am

JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Post#432 » by JonFromVA » Thu Apr 8, 2021 4:01 pm

Stillwater wrote:Not liking this news about lnj at all https://cavsnation.com/cavs-larry-nance-jr-lost-20-pounds-amid-concerning-illness/

Sounds like a stomache flu and he wasn't able to keep anything down for a week.

With Kevin healthy for a change, he should take his time.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#433 » by Stillwater » Thu Apr 8, 2021 5:08 pm

20 lb from a stomach flu? Maybe if he had a water retention problem from Crohn's medication.
It's probably complications of the Crohn's regardless imo.
But this reporting makes it sound like the medical people don't even know what it is but it isn't the coronavirus etc etc... if it were something that was nothing why is it repotted like its a mystery and worth anyone paying attention.
Id keep an eye on it and if hes not back soon he probably never sees the court again this season with so few remaining
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#434 » by JonFromVA » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:20 lb from a stomach flu? Maybe if he had a water retention problem from Crohn's medication.
But this reporting makes it sound like the medical people don't even know what it is but it isn't the coronavirus etc etc... if it were something that was nothing why is it repotted like its a mystery and worth anyone paying attention.
Id keep an eye on it and if hes not back soon he probably never sees the court again this season with so few remaining

Right, it's surely super-secret-Covid. A new strain, that's so secret they are hiding it from us.

(Or Nance Jr doesn't care to share his private health information with the media, and the Flu can knock even someone without Crohn's for a loop, especially if there are complications such as pneumonia or dehydration)
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#435 » by Stillwater » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:17 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:20 lb from a stomach flu? Maybe if he had a water retention problem from Crohn's medication.

Right, it's surely super-secret-Covid. A new strain, that's so secret they are hiding it from us.

(Or Nance Jr doesn't care to share his private health information with the media, and the Flu can knock even someone without Crohn's for a loop, especially if there are complications such as pneumonia or dehydration)

It is kind of stupid for them to report something of no consequence imo not that it isn't possible thats all it is but it's either some thing he was not interested in sharing the details of due to the complications and they are just falsely claiming it to be a mystery to him as well as them...or they are just reporting it's fn mystery to them cause he aint saying nothing lol
Or maybe the logical realism take is he has something wrong with him the inconclusive labs/test are making them concerned about and have no clue and nothing to report beyond guessing.
But they obviously felt it necessary to share it was not Covid which makes the skeptic think thats exactly what it is
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#436 » by JonFromVA » Thu Apr 8, 2021 10:21 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

It is kind of stupid for them to report something of no consequence imo not that it isn't possible thats all it is but it's either some thing he was not interested in sharing the details of due to the complications and they are just falsely claiming it to be a mystery to him as well as them...or they are just reporting it's fn mystery to them cause he aint saying nothing lol
Or maybe the logical realism take is he has something wrong with him the inconclusive labs/test are making them concerned about and have no clue and nothing to report beyond guessing.
But they obviously felt it necessary to share it was not Covid which makes the skeptic think thats exactly what it is

Yes, it's always safe to assume the opposite of whatever is being reported.

For instance, they've been reporting recently Kevin Porter Jr has NOT been causing any problems and has been getting along well with everybody. I'm thinking he probably knifed a teammate over a bowl of soup.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#437 » by Stillwater » Thu Apr 8, 2021 11:44 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

For instance, they've been reporting recently Kevin Porter Jr has NOT been causing any problems and has been getting along well with everybody. I'm thinking he probably knifed a teammate over a bowl of soup.

You literally have no meter for reading my level of sarcasm or maybe you just prefer to think I am the dumbass
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#438 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 9, 2021 4:07 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:It is kind of stupid for them to report something of no consequence imo not that it isn't possible thats all it is but it's either some thing he was not interested in sharing the details of due to the complications and they are just falsely claiming it to be a mystery to him as well as them...or they are just reporting it's fn mystery to them cause he aint saying nothing lol

You literally have no meter for reading my level of sarcasm or maybe you just prefer to think I am the dumbass

Clearly

"But they obviously felt it necessary to share it was not Covid which makes the skeptic think thats exactly what it is"

For instance, was that meant to be sarcastic?

If you care even a little bit about communicating clearly, you could always make use of conventions such as green text to indicate sarcasm, or even an "html-like end tag" of </sarcasm> will get the job done. Emoticons can also help. :banghead:

See?
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#439 » by JonFromVA » Fri Apr 9, 2021 5:52 pm

The wiretap says the Cavs have added Mfiondu Kabengele on a 10day.

He hasn't done much in the league since being drafted, but he's 6'9" 250 and can apparently shoot the 3-ball, so, might help us out when Dean and Kevin might otherwise be over-matched physically ... and not to mention, we have some back-to-backs coming and Kevin will likely be missing games.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#440 » by Stillwater » Fri Apr 9, 2021 6:40 pm

JonFromVA wrote:The wiretap says the Cavs have added Mfiondu Kabengele on a 10day.

He hasn't done much in the league since being drafted, but he's 6'9" 250 and can apparently shoot the 3-ball, so, might help us out when Dean and Kevin might otherwise be over-matched physically ... and not to mention, we have some back-to-backs coming and Kevin will likely be missing games.

Another one of Stillwaters sleepers :D

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers