Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:56 pm

Read on Twitter
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Game 44 : MEM @ HOU 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:33 am

Allen out the rest of the game. All in all this has been fairly ugly for us. Should be absolutely in control given the Houston roster.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:34 am

In Jonas 10 seasons, he's now posted 30 & 15 5x, all in the 2yrs he's played with Memphis. That's on Casey for trying to use him as a defensive rim runner (averaged 8 FGA a game over his entire Raptors career). He's tied Pau Gasol, who played 7 seasons with Memphis. If Memphis trade him to LA for a 2nd round pick, they might be able to draft his brother Mark Valanciunas :lol:

It shouldn't have taken an injury. Melton with 23, 4, 2, 2 in 26mins off the bench +7, only behind Jonas & Clarke. Ja's defense with Allen + Jonas, went from -10 to +1, the margin of victory.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:53 am

I went digging into basketball reference lineups, Shocked to see Grayson a + 4 with Jonas & Morant. I'm thinking a blow out win probably skewed those 300 minutes.

Not shocked to see every good + lineup Jonas has, has Brooks & his defensive ball pressure. If he was only more efficient offensively...

Saw no statistical evidence with Melton paired with Ja but 2 man lineup are more in line with my beliefs..

Dillon paired with Ja, +2.9 in 758 minutes
Allen paired with Ja, -2 in 500 minutes
Bane paired with Ja -4 in 400 minutes
they didn't have any data involving Melton being paired with Ja but once again not shocked that Morant's only + is paired with an inefficient defender..

Was a little shocked to see the best 2 man pairing on basketball reference, is in fact Jonas & Brooks but they had no information of Melton paired with Jonas .. but I'd imagine that would be another strong pairing.

With Allen potentially out against the Jazz, I'd like to see a Jonas, Anderson, Brooks, Melton, Ja rotation.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Whole Truth » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:04 am

Memphis best 3man lineup has Jonas offense, Brooks defense & a floor space (Bane/Allen) but once against Basketball reference has no listing of Melton's minutes with those 2.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#6 » by E S V L » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:49 pm

Melton didn`t look well in the starting line whenever he was provided with a chance. I believe he develops better without a starting line pressure, so he was provided with that opportunity. He has added multiple elements to his offensive skills, e.g. his jumpshot has become noticeably better. I don`t mind if he stays in the bench rotation for the sake of keeping his development.

JV`s constant presence in the paint and lack of mobility limits our offensive schemes. He is not a good rim runner - it also hurts our PnRs. As a result, the entire team has to play around his best skills making our offense too predictable for opponents.

Like Melton, Bane showed some new developments, too. That the good news.

Overall, we are mediocre. That`s the unfortunate news. I don`t know what should be fixed, to be honest. This roster is good on the paper. So, let`s wait for JJJ hoping he is our messiah.
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:31 am

E S V L wrote:Melton didn`t look well in the starting line whenever he was provided with a chance. I believe he develops better without a starting line pressure, so he was provided with that opportunity. He has added multiple elements to his offensive skills, e.g. his jumpshot has become noticeably better. I don`t mind if he stays in the bench rotation for the sake of keeping his development.

JV`s constant presence in the paint and lack of mobility limits our offensive schemes. He is not a good rim runner - it also hurts our PnRs. As a result, the entire team has to play around his best skills making our offense too predictable for opponents.

Overall, we are mediocre. That`s the unfortunate news. I don`t know what should be fixed, to be honest. This roster is good on the paper. So, let`s wait for JJJ hoping he is our messiah.

Ja needs to develop is all. We go as he goes. When he is aggressive and playing well we win. When he is passive and not playing well we lose.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#8 » by E S V L » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:56 am

VCfor3 wrote:
E S V L wrote:Melton didn`t look well in the starting line whenever he was provided with a chance. I believe he develops better without a starting line pressure, so he was provided with that opportunity. He has added multiple elements to his offensive skills, e.g. his jumpshot has become noticeably better. I don`t mind if he stays in the bench rotation for the sake of keeping his development.

Ja needs to develop is all. We go as he goes. When he is aggressive and playing well we win. When he is passive and not playing well we lose.

That’s so easy
FK NFL

Return to Memphis Grizzlies