ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 48: Clippers (31-16) vs Bucks (29-16)—Monday 10PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Re: GAME 48: Clippers (31-16) vs Bucks (29-16)—Monday 10PM 

Post#81 » by esqtvd » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:28 am

esqtvd wrote:Ty says the Bucks will pack the paint and dare us to hit shots. Luke gets the start for PG and should get all the open looks he can eat.

:wink:

We hit 56% from 3 and subtract Kawhi's 0-for-6 and its 68% :lol:

Batum 2-5
Patterson 3-3
Reggie 4-6
Marcus 4-7
Kennard 5-6

Mann 0-0
Coffey 1-1

nice win but let's not smug up
you hit 68% of your 3-pointers you win against anybody
the Bucks let us shoot them
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#82 » by TheNewEra » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:30 am

Big W’s
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#83 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:37 am

playaloc916 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Whew, finally beat the Bucks. How does Ty Lue incorporate all these players once and if everyone gets healthy. Even Reggie has been having sort of a resurgence. Of course Patterson and Coffey lose minutes so I guess its all doable. Rondo probably doesn't play too many minutes in the regular season

I think with Luke finally looking like a rotation player now, his minutes will go up while Mann's drops. Come to think of it, I didn't even factor in Pat Bev... But Mann's looking too good to bench right now... Rondo should stay in a cryogenic chamber until playoffs, that guy may be the one to unlock this team to its full potential...

Mann will lose a few minutes but he's not getting benched at all. Too much of a spark plug and puts too much pressure on opposing defenses. Kennard will be strictly 2nd unit. I actually believe Pat Bev will be the guy to have a huge decrease in minutes and become a specialty guy you sic on the opposing star guard for a few minutes. I wouldn't even put him above Reggie right now
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,223

Post#84 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:38 am

Ah so disappointed I wasn't able to watch this game. Sounds like it was a fun game! Can't wait to watch the highlights.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#85 » by RingColluder » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:02 am

Best game of the season!

My concern is Paul George's ball stopping and "me first" play coming back as this was some of the best ball movement and team effort I've seen in 2 years. Very very good game.

That's all I have to say. Everyone for the most part played exactly how they will need to to be a championship team.

This team is getting my hopes up, but fo the first time since the beginning of the season, I see a vision where the Clippers can actually win the championship this year.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:06 am

Scoundreldays wrote:Ah so disappointed I wasn't able to watch this game. Sounds like it was a fun game! Can't wait to watch the highlights.

You had to work or what. All the games are online
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#87 » by TheNewEra » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:06 am

Scoundreldays wrote:Ah so disappointed I wasn't able to watch this game. Sounds like it was a fun game! Can't wait to watch the highlights.

It was wild but after the first we were reasonably in control
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:08 am

RingColluder wrote:Best game of the season!

My concern is Paul George's ball stopping and "me first" play coming back as this was some of the best ball movement and team effort I've seen in 2 years. Very very good game.

That's all I have to say. Everyone for the most part played exactly how they will need to to be a championship team.

This team is getting my hopes up, but fo the first time since the beginning of the season, I see a vision where the Clippers can actually win the championship this year.

We gotta reel in Kawhi a bit too with the ball stopping as well. Both of them need to cut back on the iso ball. Hopefully they realize this.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#89 » by RingColluder » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:17 am

Clemenza wrote:

We gotta reel in Kawhi a bit too with the ball stopping as well. Both of them need to cut back on the iso ball. Hopefully they realize this.

Meh, I don't see it as an issue w Kawhi at all particularly in games where he's doing so much for ball movement and doesn't turn the ball over as much as PG. And he's a much better shooter.

Also in a game like today, I dont mind him and PG not shooting very well. Like I didn't have issue w Pg's game where we went like 10-30 bc we were out so many people.

The team and ball movement wise today is exactly what they need to do in order to win a championship.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,223

Post#90 » by Scoundreldays » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:00 am

Clemenza wrote:

You had to work or what. All the games are online

I had my workout until 7 which I usually catch from the middle of the first, but I had to go to my gf's parents with her for an errand. Game ended by the time I was done.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#91 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:51 am

Man, Mann's dribble penetration is a game changer for the clippers. Really liking this young kid.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#92 » by TheNewEra » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Beating one of the top teams down 4 rotation guys just feels amazing. Even better than the Philly win
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#93 » by clipperlover » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:00 pm

At some point, teams are going to start adjusting to Mann and we will have to see how he responds to those changes, but ride him while we can. He needs as much on court experience as possible before the playoffs.

There is no reason that this team can't have 7-8 guys in double figures each night. If we can spread that wealth offensively, then everyone will be that much more effective defensively.

We are currently in a 7 game stretch where we are playing 5 teams that are at least 10 games over .500. We are 2-0 so far. 5 of the 6 games after that are against current sub .500 teams. If we can make it through this stretch undefeated, then we can secure the #2 seed in the West. Phoenix has a brutal end to their season with 12 of 16 games on the road and their home games being us, Jazz, Knicks and Portland. Lakers have the Bucks and then a 7 game road trip without LeBron and AD. When the Lakers get back, they have 3 home games with 2 of those vs the Jazz.

I wouldn't expect us to really start working the rotations with the full roster until we hit that stretch of sub .500 teams. Ty isn't going to disrupt the momentum. I can see him bringing in Serge, PB and Rondo for specific match-ups in the interim (e.g. Serge vs Denver, PB and Rondo vs Portland).
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:53 pm

clipperlover wrote:At some point, teams are going to start adjusting to Mann and we will have to see how he responds to those changes, but ride him while we can. He needs as much on court experience as possible before the playoffs.

There is no reason that this team can't have 7-8 guys in double figures each night. If we can spread that wealth offensively, then everyone will be that much more effective defensively.

We are currently in a 7 game stretch where we are playing 5 teams that are at least 10 games over .500. We are 2-0 so far. 5 of the 6 games after that are against current sub .500 teams. If we can make it through this stretch undefeated, then we can secure the #2 seed in the West. Phoenix has a brutal end to their season with 12 of 16 games on the road and their home games being us, Jazz, Knicks and Portland. Lakers have the Bucks and then a 7 game road trip without LeBron and AD. When the Lakers get back, they have 3 home games with 2 of those vs the Jazz.

I wouldn't expect us to really start working the rotations with the full roster until we hit that stretch of sub .500 teams. Ty isn't going to disrupt the momentum. I can see him bringing in Serge, PB and Rondo for specific match-ups in the interim (e.g. Serge vs Denver, PB and Rondo vs Portland).

If he's strictly a jump shooter or a pure point guard that sets teammates up I could see some adjustments made on him but what do you do to a guy that's literally flying all over the court all game long? They can't double team him cause that's going to allow a Kawhi, PG, Morris, Kennard, Reggie, etc. to go wild. This isn't directed at you, I'm just brainstorming.

I also don't see Lue messing with the rotations as of right now except trying to fit Rondo in the mix when he's healthy. The guys I see taking a step back in minutes is Patterson, Coffey, Pat Bev when he's healthy, and maybe a few minutes shaved off Batum as well.

When Kennard got hot late in the fourth that was shades of a Step Curry-ish type moment. I want to see more of that
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#95 » by illastrate » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:29 pm

I think Reggie will be the odd man out once Bev and Rondo are in the rotation. There's no way you can bench Luke and Mann, right?
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#96 » by clipperlover » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:36 pm

Clemenza wrote:If he's strictly a jump shooter or a pure point guard that sets teammates up I could see some adjustments made on him but what do you do to a guy that's literally flying all over the court all game long? They can't double team him cause that's going to allow a Kawhi, PG, Morris, Kennard, Reggie, etc. to go wild. This isn't directed at you, I'm just brainstorming.

I also don't see Lue messing with the rotations as of right now except trying to fit Rondo in the mix when he's healthy. The guys I see taking a step back in minutes is Patterson, Coffey, Pat Bev when he's healthy, and maybe a few minutes shaved off Batum as well.

When Kennard got hot late in the fourth that was shades of a Step Curry-ish type moment. I want to see more of that

Once teams get enough film, they will make adjustments, make Mann part of the defensive game plan, change things up to make him think, etc.. It is part of the learning process. With Rondo and Chauncey helping him, Mann should be able to come up with adjustments quicker.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Clemenza » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:50 pm

illastrate wrote:I think Reggie will be the odd man out once Bev and Rondo are in the rotation. There's no way you can bench Luke and Mann, right?

Kennard and Mann aren't getting benched especially Mann who's damn near turning into a leader and the heart and soul of the team. Also I wouldn't disrupt Reggie's flow by slamming Pat Bev back into the mix just yet. Bev has to show that he can stay healthy and string some games together before he leap frogs anybody imo.
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#98 » by illastrate » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:54 pm

Clemenza wrote:
illastrate wrote:I think Reggie will be the odd man out once Bev and Rondo are in the rotation. There's no way you can bench Luke and Mann, right?

Kennard and Mann aren't getting benched especially Mann who's damn near turning into a leader and the heart and soul of the team. Also I wouldn't disrupt Reggie's flow by slamming Pat Bev back into the mix just yet. Bev has to show that he can stay healthy and string some games together before he leap frogs anybody imo.
Right, I'm saying if Bev is healthy, will Reggie be the odd man out. As well as Reggie is playing, I think he has to be based on how valuable Luke and Mann have become.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

Post#99 » by Kelphus » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:18 pm

So many elements of this game were thrilling. First, that key Bucks were back in uniform while we lacked George, Beverly, Rondo and Ibaka - that alone would have been plenty of reason to take a whipping.

Reggie Jackson once again was a spark plug, hit some really key baskets, Morris hit key shots again and again. Mann continued to show his present and not just his future, and Kennard hits four treys in a row to be the dagger in 4th. Loved everything about this game. Great contribution from all.

If we have a problem distributing good minutes to Mann/Kennard/Beverly/Morris that is a wonderful problem to have and I'll take it all day long.

Look now at our rotation - Leonard, George, Rondo, Ibaka, Beverly, Batum, Zubac, Mann, Jackson, Kennard, Morris, Patterson.. I am pretty ok with those ELEVEN. That's a darn deep team
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,071

Post#100 » by og15 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:11 pm

You can't help but go at Paul George can you? Even if he's not playing :lol:

I wouldn't call PG a ball stopper. Kawhi is more of a ball stopper. PG has more issues with disappearing than with ball stopping.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers