ImageImageImage

Josh Jackson or Diallo

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

aad
Starter
And1: 459

Josh Jackson or Diallo 

Post#1 » by aad » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:37 pm

They both play the same position and it seems weaver will have to choose between keeping one and letting one of them go

Me personally I like both players but which one do y’all prefer to keep
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Re: Josh Jackson or Diallo 

Post#2 » by DBC10 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Diallo, admittedly off of one game though which from yesterday.

JJ I feel is like the classic guy that has all the physical gifts and talents but can never put it together consistently
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 13,989

Post#3 » by Laimbeer » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:47 pm

I don't think either is really much of a NBA player. I'd keep Diallo if I have to pick one. But Mensa signed Jackson to a two year deal that's guaranteed as far as I know.
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 324

Post#4 » by Drwho17 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:52 pm

Diallo is a RFA, I can see some team over paying him based on his potential alone. I've soured a bit on Jackson, I thought he was looking good to start the season, but as it is going on I think he has regressed a bit. Diallo is younger and a better playmaker with as good or better athleticism, need to see more of him to know if he's a better defender.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#5 » by Manocad » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:54 pm

I don't think a decision HAS to be made with either one at this point. It's Year 1 of a rebuild.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Post#6 » by Invictus88 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:18 pm

Too small a sample size. Jackson looked great in the first several games too. If Diallo plays with more control then I think the edge goes to him. But it's too early to tell.

I hope that Jackson seeing Diallo take a bunch of his minutes is a wake up call for him; or at least someone points out the deltas between their games.
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#7 » by DetroitSho » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:19 pm

Yeah I'll go both.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#8 » by guldakot » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:27 pm

Diallo is a 1/2 defensively, JJ is a 2/3 defensively, keep both.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#9 » by MotownMadness » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm

I'm liking Diallo but it is early with him so we'll see.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#10 » by chrbal » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:31 pm

For next season, both. I’ll be surprised if they resign Josh afterward.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#11 » by bstein14 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:36 pm

I think we keep both.
foolinc
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#12 » by foolinc » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:58 pm

Unless someone tries to offer Diallo "poison pill" contract, I can't see us letting Diallo walk this off-season.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#13 » by ducler » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:19 pm

I'd like to see Josh work on his 3 point shot as he already has a nice stroke. If he does, we can keep both.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Post#14 » by Moses ShamMoses » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:31 pm

I can see higher upside in Diallo so I'd certainly prioritize keeping him around. I might be crazy but I see some glimpses of Donovan Mitchell in Diallo. Smooth, athletic, and strong. Josh Jackson isn't bad but I get role player vibes from him.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,606

Post#15 » by Snakebites » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:36 pm

guldakot wrote:Diallo is a 1/2 defensively, JJ is a 2/3 defensively, keep both.

They play different positions, but neither is a starter and they really can't play together- neither of them can shoot well enough for that.

I agree there's no need to choose though, at least not at this time. We're rebuilding, not looking to build a playoff viable roster (yet). Either one has a chance to be an asset.

I personally really don't like Josh Jackson as a player though- I'd be okay with him being gone to be honest. He's just not a guy I believe in to figure it out, seems like a bit of a head case.
guldakot
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#16 » by guldakot » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Snakebites wrote:

They play different positions, but neither is a starter and they really can't play together- neither of them can shoot well enough for that.

I agree there's no need to choose though, at least not at this time. We're rebuilding, not looking to build a playoff viable roster (yet). Either one has a chance to be an asset.

I personally really don't like Josh Jackson as a player though- I'd be okay with him being gone to be honest. He's just not a guy I believe in to figure it out, seems like a bit of a head case.

My hope is that JJ can eventually turn into a Jordan Clarkson instant offense player off the bench with the added bonus of decent defense.

Diallo on the other hand I firmly believe can be a solid starter+ bordering on allstar level in this league, in the vein of an Oladipo. He has a tremendous distance to go of course, but he looks to have that it factor in terms of both effort and skill, and was trending in the right direction while with OKC. At the very minimum defense alone hes on KCP's level, and could end up being better. He needs to develop his shooting obviously, but he will have plenty of time/opportunity here.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,606

Post#17 » by Snakebites » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:12 pm

guldakot wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

My hope is that JJ can eventually turn into a Jordan Clarkson instant offense player off the bench with the added bonus of decent defense.

Diallo on the other hand I firmly believe can be a solid starter+ bordering on allstar level in this league, in the vein of an Oladipo. He has a tremendous distance to go of course, but he looks to have that it factor in terms of both effort and skill, and was trending in the right direction while with OKC. At the very minimum defense alone hes on KCP's level, and could end up being better. He needs to develop his shooting obviously, but he will have plenty of time/opportunity here.

Unless that god-awful 27% from three improves he's not suitable even for that role.
Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Post#18 » by Piston Pete » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:12 pm

Both

Rotation of young-ish guys:

PG - Hayes / Lee
SG - Diallo / F.Jax
SF - Bey / Josh.Jax
PF - Grant / Sekou
C - Stewart / Cook?
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,484

Post#19 » by whitehops » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:53 am

i've only seen one game from diallo but i've seen enough of jackson to make me want diallo over jackson.

they both work well defensively, their athleticism and size makes them versatile defenders on the wing. offensively they have a lot of similarities but neither can shoot yet and neither can run an offense so it's tough to play them together. diallo has shown a little more ability to make plays/not stop the ball as much (from what he showed in OKC too) which is the main reason i'd keep him over jackson.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,307

Post#20 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:59 am

Figuring Jackson is nearly the same player now as he was a rookie the choice is easy.

Return to Detroit Pistons