ImageImageImage

Buyout Market Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,973

Re: Buyout Market Thread 

Post#141 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:21 pm

Dieng, as with 90% of the other teams, wouldve been a great signing. Now, theres not that much left. Boogie is done. Dedmon maybe? Nobody has heard from him in months, but he was a decent player.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#142 » by VDT » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:45 pm

zaz102 wrote:
VDT wrote:I am not sure why we need a center if Embiid is going to be back in the next days. I dont think we need a 4 either, Simmons and Harris can play the 4 in the playoffs.

Is Otto Porter Jr get bought out? I would prefer to add a wing than a big really.
The main reason for a 4 is that Ben isn't the best fit with Dwight. If you split minutes with Tobi and Ben, you'll essentially have two non-shooters on the floor. Would also make it very hard to have Thybulle on the floor with them. Also, there may be a game or so where Embiid or Howard get in foul trouble, it would be nice to play someone other than Mike Scott if at all possible.

For the most of the game, I would think you have a fair amount of options for guards/wings since you know both Tobi and Ben will be on the floor for 3/4 of the game (ideally most together). You can throw in Green, Hill, Shake, Curry, and Thybulle (or Korkmaz who can occasionally get hot). IMO, they seem to be in better shape than 4/5 here.

However, I might be inclined to take the risk with a guard/wing if the option is a significantly bigger upgrade than anything we can get at 4/5.

The minutes can be arranged if they dont want Simmons to play with Dwight, who is going to play 10 min in the postseason. I dont see the need for a traditional 4.

The guys you mentioned are basically guards not wings.
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#143 » by zaz102 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:03 pm

VDT wrote:
zaz102 wrote:
VDT wrote:I am not sure why we need a center if Embiid is going to be back in the next days. I dont think we need a 4 either, Simmons and Harris can play the 4 in the playoffs.

Is Otto Porter Jr get bought out? I would prefer to add a wing than a big really.
The main reason for a 4 is that Ben isn't the best fit with Dwight. If you split minutes with Tobi and Ben, you'll essentially have two non-shooters on the floor. Would also make it very hard to have Thybulle on the floor with them. Also, there may be a game or so where Embiid or Howard get in foul trouble, it would be nice to play someone other than Mike Scott if at all possible.

For the most of the game, I would think you have a fair amount of options for guards/wings since you know both Tobi and Ben will be on the floor for 3/4 of the game (ideally most together). You can throw in Green, Hill, Shake, Curry, and Thybulle (or Korkmaz who can occasionally get hot). IMO, they seem to be in better shape than 4/5 here.

However, I might be inclined to take the risk with a guard/wing if the option is a significantly bigger upgrade than anything we can get at 4/5.

The minutes can be arranged if they dont want Simmons to play with Dwight, who is going to play 10 min in the postseason. I dont see the need for a traditional 4.

The guys you mentioned are basically guards not wings.
That's true. If you have Howard in while Simmons is out and keep him paired with Harris, then a wing would work as well.

I think that makes more sense since a stretch 5 would eat up some of Dwight's 10 minutes if we wanted to pair them with Ben. The right wing could fill the gaps that when either Harris or Simmons is sitting.

You convinced me lol
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#144 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:21 pm

If Olynyk isn't bought out I'd give DeMarre Carrol or RHJ a look. Not exactly what we need, but still upgrades over Mike Scott.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#145 » by Negrodamus » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:28 pm

I'd still get Boogie. He obviously wasn't a distraction for the past 2 Finals teams he was on. He fits in with the trolls we currently have at center. I also think it hedges the bet of Embiid's health. Our championship hopes ride on him playing, but if he goes down for any time, I think it would be nice to have a stretch big who still has the talent to produce on offense.

I just don't thing DeMarcus will be interested in coming since he's guaranteed to play single digit minutes most games.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,650

Post#146 » by stormi » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:25 pm

Leonard Meyers?
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#147 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:53 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I'd still get Boogie. He obviously wasn't a distraction for the past 2 Finals teams he was on. He fits in with the trolls we currently have at center. I also think it hedges the bet of Embiid's health. Our championship hopes ride on him playing, but if he goes down for any time, I think it would be nice to have a stretch big who still has the talent to produce on offense.

I just don't thing DeMarcus will be interested in coming since he's guaranteed to play single digit minutes most games.

If he can outplay Scott he could slide to backup PF that would easily get him 15-18 minutes a game as the 3rd center and backup PF

I mean it is what it is we need help and can't be too choosy
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#148 » by Eyeamok » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:05 pm

Do you know why we don't get anyone in the buyout market? Joel has trolled everyone and Ben stays off social media. Our stars are social pariahs.

* Green font for zaz102
* Green font for everyone.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
zaz102
Sixth Man
And1: 803

Post#149 » by zaz102 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Do you know why we don't get anyone in the buyout market? Joel has trolled everyone and Ben stays off social media. Are stars are social pariahs.
Not sure I buy this. Think of the teammate issues and social media issues of Kyrie, KD, LeBron. I think it's more of the locations and best odds to win the championship. No coincidence that the best location and odds got the buyout guys.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,608

Post#150 » by mithrandir17 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:22 pm

The buyout players that have been signed so far have been PFs who are not 3 point shooters or centers. I dont see any issues there because they are not what we need.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#151 » by youngcrev » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:34 pm

stormi wrote:Leonard Meyers?

I mean, skill set would help... But I don't think anyone dealing with that controversy for a 3rd stringer.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#152 » by sixers hoops » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:55 pm

youngcrev wrote:

I mean, skill set would help... But I don't think anyone dealing with that controversy for a 3rd stringer.

Earlier in thread someone said he is out for season I think.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#153 » by sixers hoops » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:57 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Do you know why we don't get anyone in the buyout market? Joel has trolled everyone and Ben stays off social media. Our stars are social pariahs.

* Green font for zaz102

I don’t get this. Everybody knows why we aren’t getting top buyout players. They are going primarily to the two or three teams in LA and NY, who happen to have the best odds to win a title.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#154 » by ankle420breaker » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Is this Iggy guy even with the team? Any plans to play him considering our total lack of big man depth?

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,650

Post#155 » by stormi » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:05 pm

youngcrev wrote:

I just wondering why people were saying his name like that. Keep that anti=semite one million miles away from my team.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#156 » by kriss73 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter

JoJo's kryptonite beacoming JoJo's backup and so he can stay away from Bucks, Nets and Heat.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#157 » by LloydFree » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:30 pm

kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter

JoJo's kryptonite beacoming JoJo's backup and so he can stay away from Bucks, Nets and Heat.

I bet he signs with Boston.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,803

Post#158 » by kriss73 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:32 pm

LloydFree wrote:
kriss73 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I bet he signs with Boston.
It could be. I'd be pissed
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#159 » by Stanford » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:31 pm

I'd hope Gasol would have a little more pride than to sign with Boston
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#160 » by Murray_17 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:14 pm

Zero option he sign here, if he wants a buyout because he's the third center now in LA i don't see why he would sign here to play third center.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers