ImageImageImage

Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,468

Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#1 » by SunsRback4Good » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:24 am

Who: Atlanta Hawks @ Phoenix Suns

When: Tuesday, March 30th @ 7:00pm (10:00ET) FSNAZ

Where: PHX Arena, Phoenix, AZ

Atlanta Hawks starting lineup:

C- Capela
F- Collins
F- Snell
G- Bogdanovic
G- Young

Reserves: Gallinari/Huerter/Hill/Mays/Okongwu

Phoenix Suns starting lineup:

C- Ayton
F- Crowder
F- Bridges
G- Booker
G- CP3

Reserves: Cam/Saric/Payne/Galloway/Craig

Good luck charm!!!

Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#3 » by Mulhollanddrive » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:20 pm

Another good run with opponent outs - Gallinari, Bogdanovic, Reddish, Dunn with Capela, Williams possibly too.

Hoping DA can sustain his impact in the paint and we look for him throughout the game.

Wouldn't mind a close one as we need the practice.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Re: Game 46: Atlanta Hawks (23-23) @ Phoenix Suns (31-14) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l FSNAZ 

Post#4 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:04 pm

It almost doesn't seem fair that we've been this healthy compared to most other teams. It's like having an extra starter level player. But we can only control what we can control so keep the W's rolling please.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#5 » by Barkley6 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:It almost doesn't seem fair that we've been this healthy compared to most other teams. It's like having an extra starter level player. But we can only control what we can control so keep the W's rolling please.

Injuries happen every year. I think because of the condensed schedule this year they are happening a little more frequently, or at least teams are being a little more cautious with them.

We've been fortunate thus far, but Book did miss some time early in the year. The healthiest teams often have the best records, it's just the nature of the game.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#6 » by Revived » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:19 pm

I said it in the other thread but damn imagine if we had this type of injury luck during at least one of those 2004-2007 seasons? We would have a chip imo.

Anyway, this is the type of game I’d like to see Carter play some mins. He’s a better fit to defend Trae Young than Bridges imo because of Young’s crazy quickness. And basically tell Carter to not worry about foul trouble and he can use up all 6 if needed.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#7 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:34 pm

Revived wrote:I said it in the other thread but damn imagine if we had this type of injury luck during at least one of those 2004-2007 seasons? We would have a chip imo.

Well it shouldn't be surprising that Deandre plays more games than Amare. It's both a bug and a feature. But hey, Mikal's never missed a game and DA is an iron man. Gotta play the games to be a good player. It's for that reason and no other that I'm never missing TJ Warren.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,421

Post#8 » by Revived » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:47 pm

Booker has a unique connection to the one of the Hawks. His father, Melvin Booker, played for Italy's Olimpia Milano in 2007-08 and was teammates with Atlanta's Danilo Gallinari. The young Booker, then 12, sometimes played one-on-one against Gallinari.

https://www.nba.com/game/atl-vs-phx-0022000171

This is pretty cool. Booker gonna be playing against his dad’s former teammate.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#9 » by RunDogGun » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:48 pm

Revived wrote:I said it in the other thread but damn imagine if we had this type of injury luck during at least one of those 2004-2007 seasons? We would have a chip imo.

Anyway, this is the type of game I’d like to see Carter play some mins. He’s a better fit to defend Trae Young than Bridges imo because of Young’s crazy quickness. And basically tell Carter to not worry about foul trouble and he can use up all 6 if needed.

Payne is decent on defense, but its not bad to throw Carter at Trae a few times to mix things up. If we are having issues scoring, I sure hope Monty puts in Galloway. We have had a few quarters where we go 5-7 mins with only one basket made.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#10 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Would be a good game to get Cam Johnson going, he's been in a little post Covid slump that we've seen hit a few guys.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:10 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Well it shouldn't be surprising that Deandre plays more games than Amare. It's both a bug and a feature. But hey, Mikal's never missed a game and DA is an iron man. Gotta play the games to be a good player. It's for that reason and no other that I'm never missing TJ Warren.

Well I think half of the injury luck is that of what other teams have faced relative to us. I am quite sure both LA teams would be ahead of us if healthy all year, and possibly Portland too. I don't know if Denver has faced injuries.

Even then, we have played one of the easiest schedules (well, the easiest according to nba.com and espn, though Sagarin and nba renowned expert TouchPassDario say we haven't played the easiest, though regardless, we will have a much tougher schedule after the next week, at Utah and home vs LAC on Apr 7th/8th, then a brutal schedules from April 17th-30th, with SA and then a road trip with Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Nets, Knicks then home vs LAC and Utah. If we can go 500 during those 10 games that would be impressive.

Then after a couple easier ones we have NY, @ LAL and GS, then Portland and close with two on the road against SA, who may be fighting for a playoff spot, especially with the Pelicans and Kings coming on.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#12 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:12 pm

- Shooting 28% from 3 in the past 5 games.
- Back home hopefully gets some force and movement into our offense.
- Will need to box out Collins and Capela.
- Expect a big bounce back game from Paul against Young.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#13 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:21 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Shooting 28% from 3 in the past 5 games, back home to get some force into our offense.

Need to box out Collins and Capela, expect a big bounce back game from Paul against Young.

A great game for Jalen Smith to see some minutes. :D

Funny thing is, I was pretty high on Jalen coming into the draft. After he was drafted, I said he wouldn't be in the rotation b/c rookie. Some posters - none of whom IIRC were enthusiastic about Smith prior to draft night - thought he would be in the rotation for sure, perhaps even a starter.

Really is too bad he's not ready for minutes. He profiles as pretty much exactly what we're missing.

Also, Okongwu's back. Excited to see what he looks like on an NBA court.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:25 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Shooting 28% from 3 in the past 5 games, back home to get some force into our offense.

Need to box out Collins and Capela, expect a big bounce back game from Paul against Young.

Doesn't make much since, given they showed a graphic in one of the recent games that we have 10 people shooting over 35% from 3 (Booker being 10th).

We should never have a stretch like this.

Capela will be tough to stop rebounding. Leads the NBA and has contract incentives if he hits a 30% rebound rate, which he does. I think we should attempt to have Crowder box him out while Ayton gets rebounds. You could argue Ayton could/should box out but Crowder is probably better at it with more experience, and Ayton would have the better chance of securing the rebound against others.

Mark Bryant does need to work with Ayton on boxing out..it would be nice if we had a guard with super athleticism that could fly in for rebounds like Westbrook while Ayton and Crowder focused on boxing out. Bridges had shown lately he has a propensity to get rebounds, so maybe out of our players given that, his long arms and his bbiq, it could be him.

If we can outshoot the from 3, we should be able to win, though they will likely score more high % buckets inside. They could have trouble guarding small ball being big.

They are coming off a 24 pt loss to Den though, after a win against reeling GS without Curry, after losing two to the Kings and Clippers, so they haven't been playing well.

Not one we can really afford to lose with our upcoming schedule.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:27 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

A great game for Jalen Smith to see some minutes. :D

Funny thing is, I was pretty high on Jalen coming into the draft. After he was drafted, I said he wouldn't be in the rotation b/c rookie. Some posters - none of whom IIRC were enthusiastic about Smith prior to draft night - thought he would be in the rotation for sure, perhaps even a starter.

Really is too bad he's not ready for minutes. He profiles as pretty much exactly what we're missing.

You convinced me to be high on him after looking at him and his skill set. But given our depth and his thin frame, I don't think he can really crack the rotation this season, given our tough upcoming schedule. He needs to put on weight in the offseason and be our 3rd big and 3rd PF (unless we can consider Saric or Frank our 3rd and/or 4th PFs)...or even Craig, Bridges or Nader if Craig and Nader are still around.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#16 » by Bogyo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:41 pm

Revived wrote:
Booker has a unique connection to the one of the Hawks. His father, Melvin Booker, played for Italy's Olimpia Milano in 2007-08 and was teammates with Atlanta's Danilo Gallinari. The young Booker, then 12, sometimes played one-on-one against Gallinari.

https://www.nba.com/game/atl-vs-phx-0022000171

This is pretty cool. Booker gonna be playing against his dad’s former teammate.

I swear I saw some footage of that somewhere, but I can't find it on youtube now.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,480

Post#17 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:31 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Who: Atlanta Hawks @ Phoenix Suns

When: Tuesday, March 30th @ 7:00pm (10:00ET) FSNAZ

Where: PHX Arena, Phoenix, AZ

Atlanta Hawks starting lineup:

C- Capela
F- Collins
F- Snell
G- Bogdanovic
G- Young

Reserves: Gallinari/Huerter/Hill/Mays/Okongwu

Phoenix Suns starting lineup:

C- Ayton
F- Crowder
F- Bridges
G- Booker
G- CP3

Reserves: Cam/Saric/Payne/Galloway/Craig

Good luck charm!!!

Just curious,
Who is the beauty in the Green bikini in the last image?
TouchPassDario
Pro Prospect
And1: 338

Post#18 » by TouchPassDario » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:27 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Doesn't make much since, given they showed a graphic in one of the recent games that we have 10 people shooting over 35% from 3 (Booker being 10th).

We should never have a stretch like this.

Capela will be tough to stop rebounding. Leads the NBA and has contract incentives if he hits a 30% rebound rate, which he does. I think we should attempt to have Crowder box him out while Ayton gets rebounds. You could argue Ayton could/should box out but Crowder is probably better at it with more experience, and Ayton would have the better chance of securing the rebound against others.

Mark Bryant does need to work with Ayton on boxing out..it would be nice if we had a guard with super athleticism that could fly in for rebounds like Westbrook while Ayton and Crowder focused on boxing out. Bridges had shown lately he has a propensity to get rebounds, so maybe out of our players given that, his long arms and his bbiq, it could be him.

If we can outshoot the from 3, we should be able to win, though they will likely score more high % buckets inside. They could have trouble guarding small ball being big.

They are coming off a 24 pt loss to Den though, after a win against reeling GS without Curry, after losing two to the Kings and Clippers, so they haven't been playing well.

Not one we can really afford to lose with our upcoming schedule.

28% over 5 game sample is well within the range of expectations for a team with our shooting distribution.

Has anyone here taken basic college stats?
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#19 » by ducler » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Read on Twitter
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#20 » by suns12345 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Well I think half of the injury luck is that of what other teams have faced relative to us. I am quite sure both LA teams would be ahead of us if healthy all year, and possibly Portland too. I don't know if Denver has faced injuries.

Even then, we have played one of the easiest schedules (well, the easiest according to nba.com and espn, though Sagarin and nba renowned expert TouchPassDario say we haven't played the easiest, though regardless, we will have a much tougher schedule after the next week, at Utah and home vs LAC on Apr 7th/8th, then a brutal schedules from April 17th-30th, with SA and then a road trip with Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Nets, Knicks then home vs LAC and Utah. If we can go 500 during those 10 games that would be impressive.

Then after a couple easier ones we have NY, @ LAL and GS, then Portland and close with two on the road against SA, who may be fighting for a playoff spot, especially with the Pelicans and Kings coming on.

Goes to show why moving on from players like TJ Warren is no joke. Even if you thought talent wise he should be on the team, availability is an ability.

Now are injuries a fair amount of luck? yes! But some players are more prone than others.

Return to Phoenix Suns