ImageImageImageImageImage

KD vs Rapoport

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

sashaturiaf
Veteran
And1: 2,816

KD vs Rapoport 

Post#1 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:39 pm

I'm happy KD gave that media parasite a piece of his mind. Revealing private conversations shows you the type of guy he is.

Never change KD, I'm pretty certain he's got a realgm account.

Read on Twitter
?s=19
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,427

Re: KD vs Rapoport 

Post#2 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:56 pm

jesus christ, KD is bored and needs to get back on the court. Rapport is a bitch though for this.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#3 » by DarkXaero » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:22 pm

I find it pretty entertaining.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#4 » by sashaturiaf » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:32 pm

DarkXaero wrote:I find it pretty entertaining.

As do I

Between KDs give no **** persona and Kyries sage burning and walking sticks this is the greatest show on earth. Harden who has never been very PR savvy actually looks the polished one here.

In our case, keeping it real won't go wrong. Go get that title.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Post#5 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:55 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

KD is embarrassing
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#6 » by therealbig3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:34 am

I’m not gonna be a hypocrite, I think repeatedly calling someone a fellatio giver is homophobic as hell, with the intent of framing homosexuality as an insult. He also keeps calling him a bitch, which is also sexist. And then taking shots at his skin color, which is also prejudiced.

KD should be suspended for it imo. It demonstrates a complete lack of character at worst, and extreme immaturity at best. This is how 15 year olds talk on the internet, KD should be way beyond this.

And no this isn’t me being “woke”. We damn well know better at this point in time, we all are well aware of how words affect people and how we simply need to stop calling things “gay” as a way to insult it, and calling someone a “girl” (the b word in this case) shouldn’t be used as an insult either. And what’s with taking shots at his skin color?

KD needs to grow up, or just be a better person. Regardless, I support a suspension if the NBA wants to enforce one.
sashaturiaf
Veteran

Post#7 » by sashaturiaf » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:45 am

therealbig3 wrote:I’m not gonna be a hypocrite, I think repeatedly calling someone a fellatio giver is homophobic as hell, with the intent of framing homosexuality as an insult. He also keeps calling him a bitch, which is also sexist. And then taking shots at his skin color, which is also prejudiced.

KD should be suspended for it imo. It demonstrates a complete lack of character at worst, and extreme immaturity at best. This is how 15 year olds talk on the internet, KD should be way beyond this.

And no this isn’t me being “woke”. We damn well know better at this point in time, we all are well aware of how words affect people and how we simply need to stop calling things “gay” as a way to insult it, and calling someone a “girl” (the b word in this case) shouldn’t be used as an insult either. And what’s with taking shots at his skin color?

KD needs to grow up, or just be a better person. Regardless, I support a suspension if the NBA wants to enforce one.

Respectfully disagree, KD didn't choose to broadcast this. It was Rapoport that made a heated private conversation public. And there's no way you can get KD for this anyway since he'll just claim his account was hacked and things will go on.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#8 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 am

therealbig3 wrote:I’m not gonna be a hypocrite, I think repeatedly calling someone a fellatio giver is homophobic as hell, with the intent of framing homosexuality as an insult. He also keeps calling him a bitch, which is also sexist. And then taking shots at his skin color, which is also prejudiced.

I'm with you on this....

I'm all for the "imma go 100 until i close the app" KD who is going back and forth with internet trolls... and i get this was a PM and im sure rappaport (a known racist) said some F'd up crap too but KD shouldnt be talking like this. im fine with calling him out and even saying he will fight him but the gay stuff is a bit much.

Im sure many other players say the same or worse but "i didnt expect it to go public? cant be ane xcuse
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#9 » by therealbig3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:56 am

sashaturiaf wrote:

Respectfully disagree, KD didn't choose to broadcast this. It was Rapoport that made a heated private conversation public. And there's no way you can get KD for this anyway since he'll just claim his account was hacked and things will go on.

This heated private conversation shows a lot about where KD’s head is at though. He really shouldn’t be using language like that.

I’m not black, and I’m honestly asking this question without disrespect intended...is there not a serious hypocrisy and double standard when a black man voices their issues with social injustice and racism against their community...but then turns around and starts hurling insults against women and the LGBTQ community? C-sucker and the C word and the P word and the B word are just as ugly of words as the F word to me (the homophobic slur).
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Post#10 » by Papi_swav » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 am

KD needs to get his life together, he needs to have a kid or make a family, something. He cares too much about what ppl has to say or think of him. He might need to see a shrink or something. Rapoport is a corny comedian and a clout chaser, he shouldn't be taking him this serious. A 7 foot guy ready to fight a regular size cornball comedian. He's not alright upstairs I'm sorry to say.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Post#11 » by Papi_swav » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:05 am

therealbig3 wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

This heated private conversation shows a lot about where KD’s head is at though. He really shouldn’t be using language like that.

I’m not black, and I’m honestly asking this question without disrespect intended...is there not a serious hypocrisy and double standard when a black man voices their issues with social injustice and racism against their community...but then turns around and starts hurling insults against women and the LGBTQ community? C-sucker and the C word and the P word and the B word are just as ugly of words as the F word to me (the homophobic slur).

I'm half way with u relabig3. I mean we can't be THIS sensitive but we also have to call a spade a spade. No offense but there is definitely a double standard when it comes to the black community, they can say whatever they want about whoever they want and don't get any slack for it, this is just where we're at as a society, no offense just calling it like it is. Nobody should be coming at anyone or disrespecting their skin color , period. And nobody should definitely be saying things like "B**** a$$ white boy" on the court and get away with it because we know if the shoe was on the other foot, that person would be cancelled.

As far as him calling him gay or the b word, I mean those are just fighting words and what guys say when arguing, I don't think we should take those words that serious as outsiders. But you are right, KD needs to grow up because this is how 15 year olds act.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,875

Post#12 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:08 am

Comon man.

Suspended?

This is the way men in talk to each other in private. I'm sure it happens on the court all the time.

If he said the F word (the other one) or Queer, or something like that I would be with you.

Getting mad about terms like cock sucker and bitch is pretty ridiculous. Those terms are not meant to be homophobic or sexist at all.

And calling him pale isn't prejudice either.

Idk how expect people to talk **** to each other if you want to censor everything. Not realistic.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#13 » by therealbig3 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:11 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Comon man.

Suspended?

This is the way men in talk to each other in private. I'm sure it happens on the court all the time.

If he said the F word (the other one) or Queer, or something like that I would be with you.

Getting mad about terms like cock sucker and bitch is pretty ridiculous. Those terms are not meant to be homophobic or sexist at all.

Idk how expect people to talk **** to each other if you want to censor everything. Not realistic.

IDK, I've argued with people without devolving into language like that.

What exactly is the difference between calling someone the F word or queer, and calling someone a C sucker? Cuz I don't really see a meaningful one. It's just that the former was decided by the public to be too offensive, and the latter wasn't I guess.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#14 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:15 am

therealbig3 wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

Comon man.

Suspended?

IDK, I've argued with people without devolving into language like that.

What exactly is the difference between calling someone the F word or queer, and calling someone a C sucker? Cuz I don't really see a meaningful one. It's just that the former was decided by the public to be too offensive, and the latter wasn't I guess.

I don't think cock sucker has historically been used as a way to insult gay people. I've never heard it used like that at least.

Usually just been used as a general insult.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,820

Post#15 » by Karate Diop » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:24 am

Did KD act professionally? No. Where some of the words he used inappropriate? Sure. But if you're going to stir the pot, be ready for when it spills...

In regards to the B and P words (and even the C sucker word to an extent)... Those have historically been thrown around when things get heated for decades now and are often used to insinuate that the other individual is weak / scared / a loser, etc.

While they can be used in a way that is construed as sexist, context is important...
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,457

Post#16 » by Stone » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:34 am

The NY Post picked up the story. It said KD offered a My Bad “ to Mike Rappaport.

It seems so over the top and exaggerated, that it does seem like two friends fooling around.

But with that said, I’ve seen a few slap fights that started out as friends fooling around, to it getting out of hand and someone ending up getting lumped up.
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:38 am

sashaturiaf wrote:

Yeah thats not how it works. "it was supposed to be private" isnt a defense for being a homophobe. I mean sterling lost his team for being a racist in private and having it leaked. you dont want to worry about private stuff being leaked? dont be a racist, homophobe, sexual preditor, naraccist, or criminal in private and your good.

You know the judge isnt listening to your murder defense of "it was a DM" if you privately share a video of yourself commiting murder and its leaked.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#18 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:45 am

Prokorov wrote:
sashaturiaf wrote:

Yeah thats not how it works. "it was supposed to be private" isnt a defense for being a homophobe. I mean sterling lost his team for being a racist in private and having it leaked. you dont want to worry about private stuff being leaked? dont be a racist, homophobe, sexual preditor, naraccist, or criminal in private and your good.

You know the judge isnt listening to your murder defense of "it was a DM" if you privately share a video of yourself commiting murder and its leaked.

You actually think KD is a homophobe because he used the word cock sucker?

People use that word all the time. Are they all just hateful against gay people?

Its not meant to be homophobic.

You guys are throwing out terms like "homophobe" so casually that it loses its meaning.

What evidence do we have that KD is actually prejudice towards gay people? Far more likely that he was just trying to use it as an insult.

Don't compare what KD said to Stirling who is actually a racist. Thats absurd.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#19 » by Prokorov » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:51 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:

People use that word all the time. Are they all just hateful against gay people?

First, just want to clarify what i was taking issue with was the defense of "i said this in private" as if that should be some shield against your words or actions.

Second to respond to your point, i think its a gray area. I dont think whether he is homophobic or not really matters as much as he is out there saying homophobic things that perpetuate a negative connotation towards gays. Like you can not be a racist, but if you are out there dropping hard N-bombs, there is an impact to those words.

You guys are throwing out terms like "homophobe" so casually that it loses its meaning.

What evidence do we have that KD is actually prejudice towards gay people? Far more likely that he was just trying to use it as an insult.

Again, im not saying he is homophobic, but he is certainly using homophobic language. to me being ignorant or it being a DM are not defenses. There are much more homophonic things he could of said. i dont actually think he is homophobic, but that doesnt mean what he says doesnt have that impact and connotation and that he shouldnt potentially be suspended for it.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM

Post#20 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:55 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:

First, just want to clarify what i was taking issue with was the defense of "i said this in private" as if that should be some shield against your words or actions.

Second to respond to your point, i think its a gray area. I dont think whether he is homophobic or not really matters as much as he is out there saying homophobic things that perpetuate a negative connotation towards gays. Like you can not be a racist, but if you are out there dropping hard N-bombs, there is an impact to those words.

Again, im not saying he is homophobic, but he is certainly using homophobic language. to me being ignorant or it being a DM are not defenses. There are much more homophonic things he could of said. i dont actually think he is homophobic, but that doesnt mean what he says doesnt have that impact and connotation and that he shouldnt potentially be suspended for it.

I don't think you can compare cock sucker to the N word because of historical context.

If KD used the F word or Queer then it would be a lot worse.

I think he was being immature for sure. But I don't think there was any intention to be homophobic.

Return to Brooklyn Nets